How to get EMM to recognize new videos?
Something I have struggled with for a while now. I take advantage of the fact that EMM is portable, and I have several copies for various stages of organizing my TV shows.

I have the following setup:

Raw shows - new files, need metadata/organization/renaming - the main purpose of EMM, and where it gets used the most
Missing Episodes - a TV show where I don't have all episodes of a particular season, so I need to fill in the gaps.
Missing Seasons - I have all the episodes of a particular season for that show, but I am missing one or more seasons
CompleteOngoing - I have every episode of that show, but the show is still on the air, so there may be more seasons coming out
Complete - This show has ended, no new episodes will ever be aired, and I have every episode (minus Specials, I typically don't care about those)

Each of these gets it's own copy of EMM, as I've had the profile feature not work the way I would expect, and info from one profile "bled over" into another, or was cached, something - I don't trust it.

Due to the nature of my organizational structure, I will sometimes have shows in two or three places - new episodes in Raw, that then get organized/renamed/scraped. Then the episodes I am missing that I just downloaded, get placed into Missing Episodes, until I have all episodes of a particular season. Then, all the files - the videos and their metadata, get moved into the appropriate folder for that show in Missing Seasons. Once I have all episodes of a show, it gets moved into either CompleteOngoing, or Complete, as appropriate.

At each stage in the process, I want to use EMM to double-check that I didn't miss anything,m and that I do have all the videos for that next stage, which is why there are multiple copies.

But when I move those files into the folder for the next stage, then startup the EMM instance for that next stage of the process, getting EMM to recognize there are new files is a pain. I've tried Reload, Reload Full, clear cache, clean database, Get Missing Episodes, etc. The ONLY thing that works reliably, is to Rescrape the show, but that 1) defeats the point of me having already scraped that info earlier in the process and 2) is wasteful in both time and bandwidth (I don't really care about the second, but the first I can't get back). The episodes/seasons are greyed out, and it's as if the files didn't exist.

What do I need to be doing here?

Edit:  I am an idiot, and I will take my 10 lashings - I need to use the Update Library button,  and then it sees the new files. I was trying to concentrate on just that particular show, not the whole library. I guess I was expecting Reload or Reload Full to basically rescan just that show. Leaving this up for posterity, unless someone in charge wants to delete it. The question now is, WTF does Reloads/Reload Dull do? What is it's function, if not what I just described? Confusing.
Reload reads the files that EMM already has in its own database and searches for modified artwork and nfos.

For database update you can also use the context menu, which saves some time. I just don't know if it works properly on multiple copies of EMM.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to get EMM to recognize new videos?0