• 1(current)
WIP CommandLine
With the release of Ember 1.4.7.0, we have revised the Command Line functions completely.

The commands are now executed in clean tasks in the order in which they were supplied. This works with already running instances as well as before with no windows.

More commands are coming soon...

Below all working commands and some examples.

Commands:

Important: Always use quote char for path, sourcepath and sourcename !

Code:
-addmoviesource "path"

Displays the dialog to add the specified path as a new Movie Source.
No automatically database update after adding the new source.

Code:
-addtvshowsource "path"

Displays the dialog to add the specified path as a new TV Show Source.
No automatically database update after adding the new source.

Code:
-scanfolder "path"

Searches the folder for new movies or episodes.
The folder must be within a movie or tv show source.

Code:
-updatemovies {"sourcename" or "sourcepath"}

Searches all movie sources for new movies or only one source if a "sourcename" or "sourcepath" is specified.
Sources with enabled option "Exclude path from library updates" will be skipped if no "sourcename" or "sourcepath" is specified.
All movies, tv shows and episodes will be set to NOT "new" before running update.

Code:
-updatetvshows {"sourcename" or "sourcepath"}

Searches all tv show sources for new tv shows/episodes or only one source if a "sourcename" or "sourcepath" is specified.
Sources with enabled option "Exclude path from library updates" will be skipped if no "sourcename" or "sourcepath" is specified.
All movies, tv shows and episodes will be set to NOT "new" before running update.

Code:
-cleanvideodb

Cleans up the video database.
Not connected or unavailable movies/episodes will be removed.

Code:
-nowindow

Hides the splash screen.

1.4.8.0 Alpha
Code:
-profile "foldername"

Loads a specific profile instead of displaying Select Profile dialog.

Code:
-[ScrapeType] -[ScrapeModifier] -{additional ScrapeModifier}

1.4.8.0 Alpha
Code:
-scrapemovies [ScrapeType][ScrapeModifier] {additional ScrapeModifier}
Code:
-scrapemoviesets [ScrapeType][ScrapeModifier] {additional ScrapeModifier}
Code:
-scrapetvshows [ScrapeType][ScrapeModifier] {additional ScrapeModifier}

Starts auto scraping for movies (or moviesets/tv shows with 1.4.8.0 Alpha).
Always needs a [ScrapeType] and a one or more [ScrapeModifier].

Do never use -missask, -missauto or -missskip with ScrapeModifier -all ! (works only with 1.4.8.0 Alpha)

[ScrapeType] are:
Code:
fullask
fullauto
fullskip
markask
markauto
markskip
missask
missauto
missskip
newask
newauto
newskip

1.4.8.0 Alpha
[ScrapeType] are:
Code:
allask
allauto
allskip
markedask
markedauto
markedskip
missingask
missingauto
missingskip
newask
newauto
newskip

[ScrapeModifier] are:
Code:
all (includes all modifiers below)

actorthumbs
banner
characterart
clearart
clearlogo
discart
efanarts (extrafanarts 1.4.8.0 Alpha)
ethumbs (extrathumbs 1.4.8.0 Alpha)
fanart
landscape
meta
nfo
poster
theme
trailer

episodeall (only available in 1.4.8.0 Alpha, includes all modifiers below)

episodeactorthumbs (only in 1.4.8.0 Alpha)
episodefanart (only in 1.4.8.0 Alpha)
episodemeta (only in 1.4.8.0 Alpha)
episodenfo (only in 1.4.8.0 Alpha)
episodeposter (only in 1.4.8.0 Alpha)

Examples:

[ ] are only used to show you the task groups in this examples! Do not use them in your commands!
Code:
[-scanfolder "d:\movies\my latest movie"][-newskip -nfo -meta -poster -fanart]

Steps are:
  1. Scans the folder "d:\movies\my latest movie" for new movies
    One of the parent folders (d:\ or d:\movies or d:\movies\my latest movie) is already added as a movie source
    New movies will be marked as "new"
  2. runs auto scraper for "new" marked movies, skipping search results with more than one search result and scrape NFOs, posters, fanarts and metadata

Code:
[-scanfolder "d:\tv shows\american dad\season 10"]

Steps are:
  1. Scans the folder "d:\tv shows\american dad\season 10" for new episodes
    One of the parent folders (d:\tv shows or d:\tv shows\american dad) is already added as a tv show source
    New episodes will be marked as "new" and automatically scraped when the tv show is known

Code:
[-scanfolder "d:\movies\my latest movie"][-newskip -all][-scanfolder "d:\tv shows\american dad\season 10"][-updatetvshows "Ended TV Shows"]

A mix of the previous examples and additional a database update of the normaly excluded source "Ended TV Shows".
Now this is what I'm talking about !!!!
For Dummies Like Moi...is there any way you could post a full working command line .bat script ( which would update & scrape all new Movies & TV Shows ) where we could just edit for our own local folders.

Also is this like a folder watch functionality or still has to run script via task scheduler ?
No, folder watch is still not implemented.

But the simplest script to update the movie and tv show database with "new" movies autoscraping is:

Code:
C:\Ember Media Manager BETA\Ember Media Manager.exe -updatetvshows -updatemovies -newauto -all

Steps are:
  1. Update tv show database:
    Automatically download info and thumb for new epsiodes when the tv show is already scraped or tvshow.nfo (with TVDB ID) is available.
    The tv show himself will never be (re-)scraped (we have to wait until the recoding is finished for this feature).
  2. Update movie database
  3. Scrape all new movies automatically (-newauto = use best search result) and get all content (-all = all content that is enabled and configured in settings).

You also can use -newskip to skip all movies with more than one search result or you can use -newask to display the search results dialog if more than one search result was found.
Thanks Dan.... You the Man !!!
have a grand weekend ! Wink
Awesome stuff Dan!
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
If anyone has ideas for other functions ... just tell me!

TV shows scraping part will be added if we are ready for this.
(2015-06-06, 18:27)DanCooper Wrote: If anyone has ideas for other functions ... just tell me!

Great work Dan! Cool I'll start working on the KODI JSONRPC Interface Addon in Ember (UpdateLibray, Movie, WakeONLan...) and once its finished maybe you can implement the commandline options for that addon?
(2015-06-08, 10:16)Cocotus Wrote:
(2015-06-06, 18:27)DanCooper Wrote: If anyone has ideas for other functions ... just tell me!

Great work Dan! Cool I'll start working on the KODI JSONRPC Interface Addon in Ember (UpdateLibray, Movie, WakeONLan...) and once its finished maybe you can implement the commandline options for that addon?

We have just to add the default GenericCalls to the Kodi Interface addon like "AfterDbUpdate" or "AfterMultiScraping". All addons will be started automatically after command line in the same way like you would use the GUI for scraping.
Added new Command Line parameters for 1.4.8.0 Alpha.
Dan which settings am i better off using, i use it to scape episode nfo/metadata/episode thumb after sonarr has finished downloading

-scanfolder "D:\TV" -newauto -all -nowindow
-updatetvshows -newauto -all -nowindow

Or with the new alpha
-scrapetvshows -newauto -all -nowindow

They all appear to do the same this so does it matter which one?
(2016-04-07, 17:23)komplex Wrote: Dan which settings am i better off using, i use it to scape episode nfo/metadata/episode thumb after sonarr has finished downloading

-scanfolder "D:\TV" -newauto -all -nowindow
-updatetvshows -newauto -all -nowindow

Or with the new alpha
-scrapetvshows -newauto -all -nowindow

They all appear to do the same this so does it matter which one?

If you only want scraping new episodes for already known/scraped tv shows you only have to use -updatetvshows or -scanfolder "D:\TV", episodes will be scraped automatically.
-scrapetvshows [ScrapeType] [ScrapeModifier] is only for complete new tv shows or if you want rescrape a whole tv show.

Attention: In 1.4.8.0 Alpha it's no longer allowed to use "-" for [ScrapeType] or [ScrapeModifier], you only have to use "-" for the "main" command like:
Code:
-scrapetvshows newauto all -nowindow

You also can use -scanfolder "D:\TV\The Simpsons" to reduce the search time if you know that only this folder has new episodes.
(2016-04-07, 19:10)DanCooper Wrote: If you only want scraping new episodes for already known/scraped tv shows you only have to use -updatetvshows or -scanfolder "D:\TV", episodes will be scraped automatically.
-scrapetvshows [ScrapeType] [ScrapeModifier] is only for complete new tv shows or if you want rescrape a whole tv show.

Attention: In 1.4.8.0 Alpha it's no longer allowed to use "-" for [ScrapeType] or [ScrapeModifier], you only have to use "-" for the "main" command like:
Code:

You also can use -scanfolder "D:\TV\The Simpsons" to reduce the search time if you know that only this folder has new episodes.

Thank you, -updatetvshows will work fine Smile
(2016-04-07, 19:19)komplex Wrote:
(2016-04-07, 19:10)DanCooper Wrote: If you only want scraping new episodes for already known/scraped tv shows you only have to use -updatetvshows or -scanfolder "D:\TV", episodes will be scraped automatically.

Code:

Thank you, -updatetvshows will work fine Smile

which program is this?
(2016-05-20, 16:17)D0bby Wrote: which program is this?

Sonarr
Dan would it be possible to add an -upratings cmd for TVshows/episodes/movies, maybe the movies setting would also update the IMDB top250 rating
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CommandLine0