Solved 3D subtitles
I know my way around Kodi now and do try and work these things out but I've given up and come on here. I have obviously googled but all information is over a year old now so I don't know whether Kodi supports 3D subtitles the way I want them. So this is what I do.

I play a 3D film. I click add subtitle. I manually search for the 3D version (they come up no different to the 2D ones!). I then go to my TV 3D button and select SBS. I get great video 3D but the subtitles just split in to 2 and go off the screen. Am I doing something very basic wrong (I hope so) or is it just not possible?

Many thanks for any help.
Try adding normal subtitles. Kodi should double normal subtitles automatically. What might be happening is that the subs that are formatted as SBS subs are getting split a second time, so there's technically 4 of them.
depends on the subtitle format you're downloading. Pixel based subtitles should be split up correctly as of upcoming version 15. In 14.2 you should actually get 4 subs as v 14 is not yet splitting pixel based the subs. SRT subs should work without any issue, but there you MUST not use 3D versions but regular ones (no idea if 3D srt subs exist at all).
Hi - that didnt work but strangely now does Smile Thanks for helping.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D subtitles0