Win7 Speaker config gone awry
Config is a Win7 PC connected through a Sony HDMI amp to the TV. Sound is 5.1 and the amp is dolby digital/DTS capable.

Noticed recently that some media played back via Kodi wasn't sounding right - and it transpired that while I leave the PC on 24x7, the amp is turned off when not in use. When it comes back on, Win7 thinks the speaker configuration is Stereo again, so I have to set it to 5.1 (again) otherwise Kodi doesn't pass the DTS/DD5.1 through properly.

How best to fix that? I've enabled DTS/DD capable in Kodi (and told it the device is always explicitly the sony amp), but it appears that it's hamstrung by the windows configuration. If Win7 thinks it's only stereo speakers, then Kodi appears to blindly follow that - and win7 resets every time the amp device disappears/reappears.

Can this be forced via kodi somehow? Or can I get win7 to always reconnect the device with a 5.1 configuration ?

(edit; i know this is an age-old problem, just hoping someone has a fix by now! Smile )
Ta
Sounds like an HDMI audio issue caused when you turn the amp off. There are plenty of posts about this sort of thing.

I can't say it will fix it, but you can try turning off the HDMI pass through audio option on your AMP.
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
Try and perform an EDID override using monifo
MonInfo

Otherwise tape up pin 19 on HDMI to prevent unplug signal when polled

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Win7 Speaker config gone awry0