Slide View with single case
Hi

This maybe somewhere else in the various posts but couldn't find it.

Is there a way in slide view to have just a single cover at the bottom, then when you move to the next movie it's cover appears
Sounds a little lonesome, might Icon or Media Info view be a better option? T! has 9 views already, but I'm sure if you want a specific custom view, you could hack one up yourself. Skinning Manual (wiki) Skinning Tutorials (wiki)
Thanks for the response I have settled on icon as the best view for me, I don't have the skills to mod.

One more question if that is ok? Have being trying to add disc art, have done in and downloaded the one I like but it still only shows as DVD/Bluray not the artwork I chose

I'm sure it is something obvious that I am missing but not sure what, is there an option in the skin menu that says activate/de-activate disc art
Just ignore I figured out the problem, all my moves are in a folder together instead of one for each of them, I might get around to making it one for each but with about 670 that might take a while
Yes 670 is quite a bit to rename, If you're on a windows system, pick up http://kodi.wiki/view/TheRenamer (wiki) it's drag & drop friendly, rename according IMDB standards and if you pick the art, .srt and meta-data all at the same time it will put them into a folder of the same name. I'll bet I could go through that bunch in less than an hour! Then pick up the add-on Artwork Downloader, and prepare to be amazed as it grabs not only excellent fanart, but your discs and logos too, all done with a case of beer.
Have been slowly changing all my films so I can use CD art and so on

Another question if you don't mind, how do I add the trailer preview to it as well, do I have to download all the trailers and store them somewhere or is there a link where it would just go search for them

Is this not possible anymore that is fine, just noticed it a really old post that it was under

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=82435
A lot of the old posts still have relevant information, but please refrain from restarting a 5 year old thread Smile

You can add trailers to the same folder as the video using the "Name of my Movie-trailer.avi" and it will be picked up on the scarpe. If you have previously scraped, then you will have to refresh the scrape to get the new trailer into the .nfo meta-data file.

In the scraper settings there is a trailer addition, which will pull the trailer from your chosen database when you hit the 'trailer' gadget and works well if there is a trailer available.
Thanks for replying again, didn't mean to re-start an old thread just wanted to show what I was meaning

This is where I have got to so far, as I am clearly missing something. perhaps an add on but maybe not

Found a site for downloading trailers and have added it to one of the movie folders and changes the view to slide view

Have named it as pitchperfect-trailer.avi

have then went it and refreshed the film but no trailer, so clearly missing something, the scraper i'm using is the move database but can't see an option for trailers
When you refresh a scrape, the scraper notices you have meta-data already and asks, would you like to refresh local or go back to the internet (to change the meta-data you may have to specify internet for a re-scrape). Your scraper settings (change content in the sourceAdd-on:The Movie Database (wiki) ), has the scraper settings for trailers. To verify the trailer is in the .nfo you can check with a notepad type editor after an export of your library. I used to bother about the best possible trailers, but my bandwidth has become fast enough and with storage concerns, I'm satisfied with the trailers links the scraper provides, you might want to install the Universal scraper for more choice.

For local trailers you will see something simple e.g <trailer>Man on a Ledge-trailer.m4v</trailer> and the file 'Man on a Ledge-trailer.avi" with the movie.

For Internet links you are apt to see <trailer>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&amp;videoid=fXAF3bvtvE0</trailer> and no trailer file in the movie folder.

Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks again for the reply, will check when I am home

had a look at the addon for the move database, off the top of my head I don't remember seeing an option for local trailers, I'm sure it was something like youtube or hd-trailers.net as the options.

I am only messing around with it on my tablet just now before pushing to my media PC that talks to my NAS, space isn't a real issue

I'll try to get a couple of screen shots as well, that may show a better idea of what I am doing or in this case not doing Smile

I might remove the source and redo it from scratch, all the data is sitting locally so not a big deal to redo this and see if that helps as well
I should note that for local trailers; you will have to add an exception in your advancedsettings.xml to ensure that the trailers are not seen as a second version of the movie itself, and it's another reason not to collect trailers, but just have a scraper link. advancedsettings.xml (wiki) No special setting in the scrapers is needed for local "filename-trailers.avi" is enough.
After some messing around, gnashing of teeth, an odd bad word here and there, I have settled on letting it pick up whatever trailers it wants to find when I ask it to play a trailer.

Some with more success than others but good enough for now :Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slide View with single case0