pulseaudio -vvvvv > pulseaudio.log 2>&1
pacmd unload-module module-stream-restore
kodi

http://xbmclogs.com/psrfoov6w
Oki,

can you edit this line: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...E.cpp#L607

and remove | PA_STREAM_ADJUST_LATENCY

please? Does that help?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
In the patched or unpatched version?
Does not matter.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Tried both, still no sound. The patched version is lagging a bit when starting a video but I guess that is to be expected.
What was "the patched version"?

The one, that was working with my "insane" workaround?
The one with the latest "combined" patch, i.e. the one with more verbose logging but no sound.
That will always stutter, as it falls back to the NULL sink. The verbose logging + combine has no effect on this.

Btw. I can't solve this issue. It needs to be escalated and fixed in pulseaudio server.

If you can do me a real favor: Can you install Ubuntu 15.04? Onto a usb stick, add the kodi ppa, and install Version 14.2 and revisit the issue?

The two logfiles would be great again.
I guess installing it into a VM isn't the same, right?
I can do that, but not today I'm afraid.
VM would work (as a test) - but at the end would be nice to compare it on your very own hw.
Btw. - as we now have "trial and error time". Could you add tsched=0 to the udev section in default.pa like described in kodi wiki and retry?
I already tried tsched=0 before when debugging some other issue. Tried it again now, no difference.
Oki -> please file a bug with arch linux then.

Important thing: the return value of pulseaudio server for minreq. That looks so insane that "I feel" some compiler / linking misbehaviour.
Another idea:

Code:
PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC=30 ./kodi.bin

What happens?
And that you don't feel boring, please also install libcec2 - so that the CEC error in your log goes away, please.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Sound with Pulseaudio anymore0