Music: Navigating directly from Artist to Track (w/o intermediate Album node)
Hi All

I've a large music collection, but I don't care that much about 'albums'. When I like a song, I store it on my devices without trying to store the whole album. So, I'd love to be able to navigate music going from Artist to Tracks, without the intermediate step of Artist -> Album -> Track (as sometimes I select an album only to see it only has one or two tracks on it). I also want to keep enabled the option of searching by Music -> Album -> Tracks as I've a few full albums from selected artist.

Is there a way to do this? I'm not even sure if this should be handled at skin level, or at Kodi-core Level... Can this be solved with the new Audio Nodes?

Thanks !!!
Does artist -> all albums not provide what you need? (Can be turned on or off in advancedsettings (Helix) or settings / music (Isengard)).

scott s.
Hi Scott

Actually, what I'm looking for is a way to force the selection of "All Albums" automatically when selecting an artist. The fact is that I use Coverflow view for my albums (CD boxes stacked), and the "all albums" option (a CD case, black, with a strange icon in the middle) looks quite out of place.

Also, in my personal case, going always to Artist -> All albums, it's adding an unnecessary step in the process. When I want to play a whole album, I start the navigation directly from Music-> Albums rather than Music->Artist->Album.

Actually, as there's an option to directly navigate Albums (and also to search albums), to force the user to select an album (or the option "All") when he selects an artist, it looks a little redundant.

Does anybody know if this behavior could be changed someway? (or force the automatic selection of "All Albums")

Thanks !!!
Should be possible to what you want with Audio Nodes in Isengard as you can modify the default node structure.
I don't see any way to get to get it to stop grouping by album.

scott s.
OK I just assumed it would be possible, did you see if it's something you can do with a Smartplaylist? if so then it should be possible with Audio Nodes.
It seem like if you group by artist, then it forces a subgroup by album. You can create a smart playlist of songs, but can't group them by artist, at least I don't see any way.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music: Navigating directly from Artist to Track (w/o intermediate Album node)0