[Release] Emby for Kodi 1.0 [Liv]
Welcome to Emby for Kodi

A whole new way to manage and view your media library.

The Emby addon for Kodi combines the best of Kodi - ultra smooth navigation, beautiful UIs and playback of any file under the sun, and Emby - the most powerful fully open source multi-client media metadata indexer and server.

Emby for Kodi is the absolute best way to enjoy the incredible Kodi playback engine combined with the power of Emby's centralized database.

Features:
- Direct integration with the Kodi library for native Kodi speed
- Instant synchronization with the Emby server
- Full support for Movie, TV and Music collections
- Emby Server transcoding support - use Kodi when you are away from home!

Install from our Kodi Release Repo today:

http://cdn.mediabrowser.tv/downloads/add...-1.0.0.zip

For full install information see our Wiki here:
https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Kodi/wiki

Enjoy!
marcelveldt, AngelBlue05, null_pointer, im85288, xnappo

P.S. This release is dedicated to @marcelveldt's new baby girl - Liv!

P.P.S Feel free to comment here, but for support please post in our Emby for Kodi forum here:
http://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/99-kodi/

Great work guys, I'm hooked!
Looks very interesting,im about give it a tryout and see what new goodies we have!
Nice work! A great improvement over the last one, it's completely seamless now.
Tried this addon when the mysql backend was giving me duplicate episodes, and haven't looked back since.

The real benefit for me is that i no longer have to update my library, which my wife HATED doing. This makes it a thing of the past.

Thanks to the team for the great addon!
Great stuff guys!
my web interface is wimm,do i need to change that to media browser settings! along with port settings?
I have been using this addon since the Alpha release. Man these guys came a long way real fast. The addon works great and has made Kodi an excellent frontend for the Emby server since you can use any skin with it.

Great job guys!

-Jason
This should be on the Kodi homepage. It is such an awesome plugins and solved pretty much all my gripes about Kodi. No more need for MySQL, library updates instantly, easy metadata management, remote streaming with all playstates and watched stats in sync and it supports multiple users.

Best of all you don't need custom skins.
Been using this (and part of the development team) for ages. We can say loads and loads about how good this addon is but the proof is in the pudding. For all those users who've been left frustrated with Plexbmc and having 1 compatible skin..your dreams have been answers! Use ANY skin, ultimate performancd etc
Very interesting add-on.

Could you explain a little more about "Emby" for those of us who don't k now...?
(2015-06-08, 09:56)zag Wrote: Very interesting add-on.

Could you explain a little more about "Emby" for those of us who don't k now...?

It basically functions as a headless Kodi.

It parses metadata for Tv Shows, Movies, Music.

It can watch a folder for updates on TV Shows.

It supports DLNA/UPnP.

As an addon for Kodi, it syncs the local database of a Kodi Client, with the database on the Emby Server. This also includes play states and resume points.

Meaning you do not need to setup sources for your media. It's all managed within Emby.
Yes for those unaware of what Emby does but who are aware of what Plex is..Emby is an alternative solution with a big open emphasis on open source. When combined with this new addon it lets Kodi be a dumb client and keeps all the important things like Artwork scraping, Watched status etc in one place. So you can start watching something on your Kodi machine with this addon, stop playback, then continue from the exact point you left it either on other Kodi devices or on any of the other Emby clients (iOS, android etc)

One thing that always frustrated me with Kodi is having to use the artwork downloader addon, these sort of management functions are take care of automatically by the Emby server.
need to find out why when movies where sinked did emby duplicate all my movies,so now i have 2 of everything in my library in kodi? hhow do i fix this?
(2015-06-08, 09:56)zag Wrote: Very interesting add-on.

Emby is a community-driven project. It manages your entire media library. It will scrape the data, organize it. It's very flexible in allowing you to set up your content your way. You can even stream your media while away from home or share with your content with friends and family. There are many apps available to view your content on, but using Emby for Kodi is one of the better option (being part of the dev team, I'm trying to be modest here...) Smile

What Emby for Kodi does essentially is maintain your library state between Emby and Kodi so you can enjoy viewing your content on Kodi while bringing the metadata management to your Emby server.

Find out more here: http://emby.media/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Emby for Kodi 1.0 [Liv]5