Mod Confluence for 2.35 (CIH Zoomed) projector setups.
Hi,
I am getting started in skinning. A bit of background, I have a CIH setup in my cinema room. The projector is zoomed on to a 2.35 scope screen. As many of you know this means that Kodi skins spill over the screen on to the wall. You can use the zoom feature on Kodi to zoom out to -20% which sort of fixes the issues but gives you bars to the right and left. The other option is getting your system to ouput a custom resolution. I havent had any luck with that. So the third option? Mod it myself! The mod is placing all of the gui within the 810 pixel scope area.

I am currently working on Aeon Nox and Confluence.

This thread is to see if there is much interest in the Confluence version. I will attach some screenshots later. Design etc is the same, just repositioning and resizing of the interfaces.

So if anyone is up to test let me know.

https://github.com/Funkd/ScopeConfluence

As an extra, scope bars. For any 16:9 content you dont want to zoom out for or for content that has switching aspect ratios (like Interstellar etc..) that you dont want spilling out of the screen, there is a 'Scope Mask' option. This puts black bars at the top and bottom. Clicking the button toggles this. As an example see below.

Fist image is the normal image. The second is with the scope mask on. :

PS - If this thread is in the wrong place or under wrong headings let me know or feel free to remove.

Aeon Nox : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=210806
Maybe I should be doing a 2.35 CCM Confluence version isntead of standard confluence?
Add some images to give an idea of what way the narrower screen affects it. I think I may be able to make fonts smaller (I know there are guidelines) but as this sort of skin format would be used in a projector environment I think we can assume it will be a bigger screen than a TV.
Again. Awesome work. And yes smaller fonts would be the ultimate for scope projector screens.
Do you use CCM Aenz?
Started working on this again. Modding the CCM version instead of the normal Confluence. Although with the amount of customisation possible it might take a while! Haven't upload the code to GitHub yet. Will post when I do.
Hi, I tried deleting this thread but got a permission message.

Just an update: There doesn't seem to be much interest in this so, as I dont use Confluence myself (use Aeon Nox which I have already modded of zoomed CIH), I am not going ahead with this.
Hi everybody, I am one of the "silent readers" of the forum. Just registered to give a big THANKS to Funkd for the good job with the CIH Scope Aeon Nox Skin. I´m a "zoomed projector" user too. Scope Aeon Nox is a good Skin, but some "tricky" for me.Please consider again finishing tje CIH Scope Confluence as an alternative. Be sure there is a lot of "zoomed projector" users like me that really appreciate your hard work, just waiting during years to have a CIH Scope Skin. For sure this will contribute to extend the use of Kodi to "cinema lovers" which use zoomed projectors which are growing quickly.

In any case, thank you very much again and please, please, reconsider finishing Confluence CIH .BlushBig Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Confluence for 2.35 (CIH Zoomed) projector setups.0