• 1(current)
Solved can not send private message? who knows?
Thanks
Make one more post and then you will have PM access.
thanks
try a test
Thanks
come no
try more and come on
Just a second, I'll try to contact a forum admin who has more access than I do.
posts 14 , how many posts to get PM permission?
You should only need 10, so I'm not sure why it doesn't work yet. I will try to find out for you.
Ok ,thanks Ned SCott
well, you need 10 posts and be a member for X days to be promoted to the "trusted user" permission group. So spamming posts alone won't help.
It's amazing to me that this is such an issue. Are there really this many people out there who deeply need to send PMs to other people in our forum after immediately registering in the forum?
Well, yes ,really need. New users is not familiar with the forum . Asking somebody first using Pm can avoid to affect more people, Once meeting some uncertain problems ^_^
I am seriously considering disabling PM for the entire forum now.
(2015-06-09, 12:48)Kib Wrote: I am seriously considering disabling PM for the entire forum now.
I'm sure there are some valid use cases however reading the current reports i'm more and more doubting why users use PM.
You have my approval for doing so.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-06-09, 11:48)yvonne.chen Wrote: Well, yes ,really need. New users is not familiar with the forum . Asking somebody first using Pm can avoid to affect more people, Once meeting some uncertain problems ^_^
If you have a problem, don't bug somebody directly but:
1) search if somebody else had that issue already
2) search again (also in google)
3) look for the apropriate forum section and post your question/issue there

PMs should not be needed at all and users even can choose to not be PMed by others. There are some rare cases where PMs are a nice to have, but really no necessity.
(2015-06-09, 13:21)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-06-09, 12:48)Kib Wrote: I am seriously considering disabling PM for the entire forum now.
I'm sure there are some valid use cases however reading the current reports i'm more and more doubting why users use PM.
You have my approval for doing so.

Why would anyone running a BBS consider ending PM's?

My first communication on this forum was thru PM, I'd agree that some users feel overwhelmed and want to reach out (test the waters) through the PM service.

Also as a developer, a lot of users send logs through PM, since they are concerned about openly posting sensitive information.

It was a silly move to limit PM's to begin with... a spam bot could easily bypass the post limit... seems overkill for a minor issue?

IMO, This forum has way bigger issues to address...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Within a few days we were getting multiple reports of different users sending 90+ spam PMs. These were accounts with zero posts and mods can't see what they do. We had to wait for users to report the issue to us. This forces the spambots to make public posts, which makes them far easier to catch when they make fake "padding" messages to get the required 10 posts.

Since this is only meant to catch spambots, maybe we can have a way for normal mods to manually grant PM access, as needed. That way someone can skip the 10 post waiting period when a mod can confirm that they are human. I do a similar thing on the wiki.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can not send private message? who knows?1