• 46(current)
Mod ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH)
All the skin settings are in a single file called userdata\addon_data\<addon id>\settings.xml.  <addon id> is an identifier defined inside the addon.

The addon id for scopenox has changed a few times as the version has changed.  Your old one was probably skin.scope.nox.1.23 or maybe skin.scope.nox.1.22.  The addon id in the current GitHub repository is skin.scope.nox.leia.  You also may have changed this when you edited the addon.xml file to make the skin install on Matrix.  As far as Kodi is concerned these are all completely different addons so their settings are kept separate.  To get your old settings back change your skin to the default, Estuary, then copy the settings.xml file from your old scopenox folder to the new one, and finally change you skin back to the new scopenox.
I'm a novice at both skinning and Github but there are enough tweaks to this skin that a new build is kind of needed so I've given it a go.  I'm doing this primarily for myself but as I know there are others who still use/need this skin I figured I'd share.  Time permitting I'm happy to look at other "fixes" but please be aware that my skillset is rather limited.   
You can find the repository here https://github.com/pfp-az/ScopeNox
As of this writing the most recent build is https://github.com/pfp-az/ScopeNox/archi...1.26.3.zip

For anyone new to the skin this is made for Matrix.  I'm not sure if it will install or work on anything else
Fan anyone upgrading from a previous version see my post just above.  I've changed the addon id to just skin.scope.nox which will not change if/when I make any more new versions.  This means if you don't want to reconfigure all your skin settings you will need to copy your settings.xml file from the old skin folder under userdata\addon_data\ to the new one at userdata\addon_data\skin.scope.nox.  

You can of course view all the code changes in the repository linked above but a quick summary follows:
  • Update the included xbmc.gui to version 5.15.0 as needed for Matrix
  • Fix aspect ratio to be preferred from the path / filename.  This was previously implemented but broken and not applied on all screens.
  • A number of fixes on the movie details page:
    • The right details section of this screen was positioned off just a bit when configured to use a 2.35 screen.  
    • The poster was being displayed with a slightly incorrect aspect ratio.
    • Expanded field widths to use the full available space
    • Fixed runtime to display correctly again
  • Adjusted the "icons" view for genres so that scrolling is no longer necessary
  • Fixed the "icons" view for add-ons
  • Added images intended for use as home screen backgrounds and menu icons
(2021-06-22, 02:40)pfp-az Wrote: All the skin settings are in a single file called userdata\addon_data\<addon id>\settings.xml.  <addon id> is an identifier defined inside the addon.

...To get your old settings back change your skin to the default, Estuary, then copy the settings.xml file from your old scopenox folder to the new one, and finally change you skin back to the new scopenox.
That's the crazy thing, I copied the file over and it would apply all my settings in Kodi, except it would not apply my custom main menu bar for the home screen nor the sub menus.  However, if I manually recreated a custom item in the menu bar with the same name as before, than the submenu items would show up under the recreated item.  However again, these submenu items would either perform the original action that would have been the default for Kodi or do nothing at all.  In the end I redid the main menu from scratch and improved it a bit at the same time.

I want to ask you a couple more questions, but the server keeps blocking my posts and only occasionally lets me get one though.  I'm going to have to talk to a mod.  Fingers crossed this post goes through.

craigr
(2021-06-22, 06:10)pfp-az Wrote: I'm a novice at both skinning and Github but there are enough tweaks to this skin that a new build is kind of needed so I've given it a go.  I'm doing this primarily for myself but as I know there are others who still use/need this skin I figured I'd share.  Time permitting I'm happy to look at other "fixes" but please be aware that my skillset is rather limited.   
You can find the repository here https://github.com/pfp-az/ScopeNox
As of this writing the most recent build is https://github.com/pfp-az/ScopeNox/archi...1.26.3.zip

For anyone new to the skin this is made for Matrix.  I'm not sure if it will install or work on anything else
Fan anyone upgrading from a previous version see my post just above.  I've changed the addon id to just skin.scope.nox which will not change if/when I make any more new versions.  This means if you don't want to reconfigure all your skin settings you will need to copy your settings.xml file from the old skin folder under userdata\addon_data\ to the new one at userdata\addon_data\skin.scope.nox.  

You can of course view all the code changes in the repository linked above but a quick summary follows:
  • Update the included xbmc.gui to version 5.15.0 as needed for Matrix
  • Fix aspect ratio to be preferred from the path / filename.  This was previously implemented but broken and not applied on all screens.
  • A number of fixes on the movie details page:
    • The right details section of this screen was positioned off just a bit when configured to use a 2.35 screen.  
    • The poster was being displayed with a slightly incorrect aspect ratio.
    • Expanded field widths to use the full available space
    • Fixed runtime to display correctly again
  • Adjusted the "icons" view for genres so that scrolling is no longer necessary
  • Fixed the "icons" view for add-ons
  • Added images intended for use as home screen backgrounds and menu icons

Awesome   Cool

Now I wish I hadn't spent most of my day yesterday figuring many of these things out.

Thank you again... and again... and again...
craigr
(2021-06-22, 16:17)craigr Wrote:
(2021-06-22, 02:40)pfp-az Wrote: All the skin settings are in a single file called userdata\addon_data\<addon id>\settings.xml.  <addon id> is an identifier defined inside the addon.

...To get your old settings back change your skin to the default, Estuary, then copy the settings.xml file from your old scopenox folder to the new one, and finally change you skin back to the new scopenox.
That's the crazy thing, I copied the file over and it would apply all my settings in Kodi, except it would not apply my custom main menu bar for the home screen nor the sub menus.  However, if I manually recreated a custom item in the menu bar with the same name as before, than the submenu items would show up under the recreated item.  However again, these submenu items would either perform the original action that would have been the default for Kodi or do nothing at all.  In the end I redid the main menu from scratch and improved it a bit at the same time.

I want to ask you a couple more questions, but the server keeps blocking my posts and only occasionally lets me get one though.  I'm going to have to talk to a mod.  Fingers crossed this post goes through.

craigr

I can really think of just one possibility:
  • You don't want the skin active when you replace the settings file because it will occasionally save to that file and potentially overwrite the new setting you just copied over.  I don't know if this is a full save of all values or just some.  I suspect just some since I've noticed the order of values in the file changes.
I'm happy to answer any other questions but do know I'm not an expert, or even expert adjacent.  What I know I've learned through the years via experience, kind of like what you picked up yesterday.
(2021-06-22, 17:26)pfp-az Wrote:

craigr

• You don't want the skin active when you replace the settings file because it will occasionally save to that file and potentially overwrite the new setting you just copied over.  I don't know if this is a full save of all values or just some.  I suspect just some since I've noticed the order of values in the file changes.
I'm happy to answer any other questions but do know I'm not an expert, or even expert adjacent.  What I know I've learned through the years via experience, kind of like what you picked up yesterday.

Could be that.  I installed your skin build and copied the file over while using a different skin and everything worked fine.

craigr
"Extendedinfo Script" not working?

Hi, many thanks for an update of ScopeNox, I tried it and seems to work great. Can be possible that the "Extendedinfo Script"
doesn't work? Or it depends on my config?

Many Thanks

BR Massimo
(2021-06-25, 10:21)Massimo1971 Wrote: "Extendedinfo Script" not working?

Hi, many thanks for an update of ScopeNox, I tried it and seems to work great. Can be possible that the "Extendedinfo Script"

Many Thanks

BR Massimo

Hello @Massimo1971 ,
Welcome to the KODI forum.

Please provide extra details to the problems you are having. Any error messages? Even better, provide a debug log that way someone may take a look and understand your problem better whether its your configurations or a problem with the Extendedinfo Script and give recommendation.

Please read the wiki guide here on how to extract and upload your log file to pastebin if you are not sure how to do it.
Life is short, I don't have time for squabbles. Lets be friends, lets enjoy Kodi :)

craigr

Man you have done quite a few little revisions to the skin.  I have a question for you... any idea how to fix this in shift view.  I like using shift for recently added and movie sets and this bug in scopenox has always bothered me.  In shift view the movie file information is duplicated and super imposed onto of its self (see pics).

craigr
(2021-06-25, 15:24)craigr Wrote:
(2021-06-22, 16:17)craigr Wrote: That's the crazy thing, I copied the file over and it would apply all my settings in Kodi, except it would not apply my custom main menu bar for the home screen nor the sub menus.  However, if I manually recreated a custom item in the menu bar with the same name as before, than the submenu items would show up under the recreated item.  However again, these submenu items would either perform the original action that would have been the default for Kodi or do nothing at all.  In the end I redid the main menu from scratch and improved it a bit at the same time.

craigr

Man you have done quite a few little revisions to the skin.  I have a question for you... any idea how to fix this in shift view.  I like using shift for recently added and movie sets and this bug in scopenox has always bothered me.  In shift view the movie file information is duplicated and super imposed onto of its self (see pics).

craigr

I went through many of the views a couple days ago and made a note of things I noticed that need to be fixed.  This was one of them.  It might take a little while before I can get to it but I should be able to fix that.
(2021-06-25, 10:21)Massimo1971 Wrote: "Extendedinfo Script" not working?

Many Thanks

BR Massimo

What exactly does ExtendedInfo do in this skin?
(2021-06-26, 05:04)pfp-az Wrote:
(2021-06-25, 15:24)craigr Wrote:
(2021-06-22, 17:26)pfp-az Wrote: I can really think of just one possibility:

craigr

I went through many of the views a couple days ago and made a note of things I noticed that need to be fixed.  This was one of them.  It might take a little while before I can get to it but I should be able to fix that.
That is really awesome. Thanks  Cool
(2021-06-26, 05:07)pfp-az Wrote: What exactly does ExtendedInfo do in this skin?

Extendedinfo is used to show online information about the movie in the video information window. Normally this window shows information from you KODI library that was added when you scrapped the movie. Extendendedinfo fetches this info directly from the internet bypassing your library and requires internet connection. Info fetched include cast, ratings, studio, trailers (supports more than 1 trailer), youtube videos etc.

The original Aeon Nox: Silvo dropped support for ExtendedInfo in favour of Embuary Info and TheMovieDB Helper. Not sure why this mod has not made a similar change.
Life is short, I don't have time for squabbles. Lets be friends, lets enjoy Kodi :)
The shift view should be fixed with my latest build 1.26.6 which is here: https://github.com/pfp-az/ScopeNox/archi...1.26.6.zip
The formatting changes also affect the icons view which did not have the double placement of images.

It should be noted that since the last time I posted a build I made a modification to the movie info display adding: Data Added, Last played, and Play Count. These fields can not be suppressed at this time.

Please disregard the orange bars and everything above/below them in these images.  This is there because I have a debugging setting enabled and this space would otherwise be black.
(2021-06-27, 03:32)pfp-az Wrote: The shift view should be fixed with my latest build 1.26.6 which is here: https://github.com/pfp-az/ScopeNox/archi...1.26.6.zip
The formatting changes also affect the icons view which did not have the double placement of images.

It should be noted that since the last time I posted a build I made a modification to the movie info display adding: Data Added, Last played, and Play Count. These fields can not be suppressed at this time.
Well this is clearly outstanding!  Really, if you were to stop here I'd personally already be thrilled, but it sounds like you have even more planned  Cool

I love the date added, last played, and play count too.  I don't even see why you'd ever want to turn it off.  It twould be neet if you could have it say "Never" if the file hasn't been played and play cound read "0."  But blank as it is now makes the point just as effectivly.

If you feel like it, I think the shift view media info may be better if it is possible to show the same info as when the video is selected.  This is how it works now in the tile view.  For example, in shift if the movie is ATMOS it only says Dolby True-HD on the shift screen, but once the movie screen is selectted it says ATMOS for the audio track.  Similar for DTSX.  It's also a bit odd that ATMOS and DTSX only show two speakers in the layout.  Don't know if it's possible in the skin code, but I almost think a circle icon without any speakers would be cool for object-oriented audio tracks (or perhaps a solid rectangle the same width as a speaker square all the way around).  But seriously, this is already great and the best it's ever been!

Nicely done.

craigr
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH)3