• 5(current)
Mod ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH)
(2015-07-09, 01:09)Funkd Wrote:
(2015-07-08, 17:50)pfp-az Wrote: Smile NP, thanks

I realize I might be posting a lot of "issues" but that does not mean this is not an awesome skin. I purchased a chromebox yesterday and am planning to migrate to Kodi because of this skin. A skin like this has been the one missing piece that has been holding me back for a long time.

Thank you

...And as I mentioned, I'm going miss loads of format issues in some parts of the skin so it's great when others report them. So cheers!

Yep, lots of little issues on the Weather screen. Will post details later.
Installed fresh on my chromebox but no media to test with yet. installed on my windows box but not seeing any changes, not even a version/build number change.
Yeah you might need to uninstall and reinstall. As it was just downloaded from git and not a versions build (although I should have bumped the version). To uninstall press 'i' ( or 'c'?) on the skin in AddOns. Ah weather.... I had done work on that, now you mention it.....did I finish it?!
Beautiful!
Im all out of places to nitpick for now. Dont use that many areas of the skin.

I do have another request that is more of a personal preference though. I might be alone here.
When viewing movies in infowall, we get a little tag under the fanart on the left that says "HD" http://i.imgur.com/k4AhPtX.jpg
Is it possible to replace it with audio codec?

I realize that this is beyond customizing the skin for scope.
Yeah I should be able to do that. If the space is there for extra info I can put it in.
Well, if possible, it will take up space from long movie titles (only a little though) and long titles scroll anyway. Unless it replaces the "HD" tag I personally find unnecessary.
Part of my little problem is that none of these tags (audio codec, video codec, resolution, 5.1, 7.1) are there even on the info page which certainly has space for them.

My personal preference again, would be only audio codec instead of the "HD" on infowall. HD doesn't really give useful info when its on every single movie. Then it would be awesome if some of the other tags was on the info page (when hitting the "i" key) But Im not really concerned. The 5.1/7.1 tags I can do without, because they still dont work and give wrong info.
This is obviously a problem on regular aeon nox as well.
(2015-07-09, 01:29)Funkd Wrote: Yeah you might need to uninstall and reinstall. As it was just downloaded from git and not a versions build (although I should have bumped the version). To uninstall press 'i' ( or 'c'?) on the skin in AddOns. Ah weather.... I had done work on that, now you mention it.....did I finish it?!

Figured out my issue... At the bottom of the Git page are written instruction on how to download followed by something like "or click here". Well Duh! click here it is. Turns out that link was not updated so I was just downloading the old version again.

Once I figured out how to really download the updated files the new version was easy enough to install.
Thank you for the quick turnaround and I can confirm that all mentioned issues other than the cast has been addressed.

The cast issue is probably the biggest "problem" for me if you could even call it that. No need to harp on it though.

I did find another issue, somewhat important (at least when it's needed), although I'm not sure if skins affect this or not. When enabled, debugging information is outside the visible screen. It's a bit weird too because this tends to move around a bit in that upper left corner.

I mentioned yesterday issues with Weather. I don't plan to use it myself but since I've noticed it I do want to report it. There are numerous little issues here. One that literally can't be seen though is that the high/low temp is supposed to be at the bottom of each day.

Minor: This one is interesting and the original Nox has the same issue, but not Confluence.

How to reproduce:
1. While viewing the details of a movie click cast.
2. Select a cast member (who you know has other works in your library).
3. From the list that comes up choose one of their other works.

This also brought up another question for me. Can the sort order of this list be changed. As an example I would prefer to see it in descending date order rather than alphabetical.

Two more really minor ones in setup:

Minor: I'm not sure if this space is reserved for something else but if not then the title should be allowed to use it.

Cheers. I'll have a look at them tomorrow evening or over the weekend. Not sure about the sort order, will see what I can do.

One thing to note is that addons like PVR etc would need to be edited separately. They would fall into 16:9 again as they are not part of the skin. None of the above are like this but just something to keep in mind if using AddOns.
Ok, so this one is definitely nitpicking.

Shown below is a movie plot before scrolling starts and after scrolling ends. It scrolls one line further than necessary.

Laugh I'll take a look at that too Wink
Hi, fixes done.

Actor info fixed. Now shows the info in the cast view. Also the codec info is here now also (as it is in original Nox), just shortens the plot text area a bit.

The code info added the InfoWall view now like this :

Debug info : I think this is software specific (Kodi itself) and not skin specific, therefore I dont think I can reposition this.

Weather view should be sorted now too.

Regarding the "[Movie] Father of the Bride" issue. In the extended info script it uses tags to indicate if it is a movie or tv show etc.. [Movie], [TV Show], [Episode] etc. I dont think I can sort the ordering either as this is all part of an extended info script that is run.

Fixes done to the addon info view and the movie title length has been increased.

That extra line in the plot may be gone now also, not certain.

To get latest, just do that same process again.
The cast looks great.
I noticed the codecs missing but figured it was intentional for the longer plot space. It's nice to have them even if it means I need to do a better job massaging the scraper.

One significant issue I'm noticing now is that the full plot is repeated I think 5x, but on the plus side when it does eventually stop scrolling it is in the right position.

The movie length is definitely better now. Oddly, Dr Strangelove does not scroll the title even though it should (it cuts off halfway through the "M" in bomb). Another movie with a really long title (Don't be a Menace...) does scroll though.

also a bit curious.... How did you get The Theory of Everything to display a 21:9 aspect ration? In my experience the scanners always recognize these movies as 16:9
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH)3