Mod ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH)
(2018-01-26, 11:27)Funkd Wrote:
(2018-01-26, 08:48)kaybird Wrote: Funkd - Thanks for the great work on this skin. It is really refreshing with a scoped CIH screen and projector that uses zooming to have everything layout so nice instead of off the screen!

A couple questions please:

- When I try to turn on subtitles it says no subtitle service, but I don't have that issue with the default Kodi skin. What's confusing is that the MKV has PGS embedded, so is there a reason why that is not getting picked up? Or is that not supported on Kodi and I must use a subtitle service?

- I'm not sure if you noticed this, but when accessing the bookmarks, those are off the top of the screen by a large amount - maybe only the bottom 20% of the chapter images are shown the rest are zoomed off the screen (in what would be the black bar area in a 16:9 screen). Is there a fix for this?

- Is there a way to get it to display DTS:X or Atmos tags, maybe with a file naming trick like you use to fix the aspect ratio? Also it would be really nice to display the tags on the bottom of the pause menu such as the resolution, codec and audio (Atmos etc)!

- Is it possible to change the very main screen background image (astronauts) with a custom image? I played with all the skin settings but maybe I missed it?

- I like the idea of having the vertical menu more along the bottom than in the middle (default), but when I choose Low it puts it a little too low and the submenu items are slightly cut off. I'm already at -4% zoom and I purposely use a little extra zoom (2.35 screen so 2.4 material otherwise leaves a small border).  Could you consider raising the Low position just a bit, something like 50 pixels maybe I am not sure.

Thank you again for all the hard work and time. It is really appreciated.

Hi,

Not sure on the subtitles, the service would be a subtitle plugin which would pull the subtitles from the web. Not sure how it works ok on the normal Kodi skin though. Maybe the normal one has a subtitle service?

Yeah I'll be adding the atmos/dts:x tags and they'll work in the same way as the other tags, i.e. you include it in the title of the file.

To change the background you need to change the default.png file, I cant remember the exact location at the minute. Renamed the old default.png file to default_old.png or something and rename the file you want to use to default.png. Not sure why it doesnt work in Kodi settings though.

I'll check out the low menu issue and sort it. 
 Thank you. You did not comment on this - so I wanted to make sure you saw it. It's probably the most important fix I'd like to have please:
"- I'm not sure if you noticed this, but when accessing the bookmarks, those are off the top of the screen by a large amount - maybe only the bottom 20% of the chapter images are shown the rest are zoomed off the screen (in what would be the black bar area in a 16:9 screen). Is there a fix for this?"

Regarding changing the default background image (astronaut) - you said "Not sure why it doesnt work in Kodi settings though" - sorry I am a newbie and may have just missed it. Are you saying there's an option in the regular Kodi settings/menus for changing the file through the UI, without manually renaming / replacing files?

Regarding this "Yeah I'll be adding the atmos/dts:x tags and they'll work in the same way as the other tags, i.e. you include it in the title of the file."  I thought I read somewhere on the net that you look for the tags in the FOLDER that has the file, not the file itself? I'd actually prefer the file. Please let me know which it is. Also what should we use for DTS:X because I can't use a colon in a file name, so maybe "DTS-X"?

I should be trying Kodi 18 shortly and will let you know if your skin works there or what the issues are if I see any.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH) - by kaybird - 2018-01-26, 19:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH)3