• 47(current)
Mod ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH)
One strange thing, I can't see the photos of the cast anymore when I'm in a movie's or TV show's episode info page.  I can't figure out if I changed a setting or this happened at some point along the way here.  If I highlight the plot and then press down, I see the photos of the cast for an instant and then it seems to just scroll past their photos to blank information.  If I push up from there, I quickly zoom past the cast photos again and land back on plot.  Also, while on what looks like blank nfo, if I select where a photo should be, the movies come up that the actor is in.  So the skin seems to think I'm on the photo, but I can't see the phot.

Here is a quick video of the issue:
https://www.cir-engineering.com/bin/kodi/clip.MOV

Is this just me or is this happeneing to anyone else?

Thanks,
craigr
Me too, not sure why yet.
works on my desktop but not in theatre on (RPi4)
(2021-06-27, 20:41)pfp-az Wrote: Me too, not sure why yet.
works on my desktop but not in theatre on (RPi4)

Cool, at least it's not just me  Tongue.  Thanks for confirmation.  I was just thinking I may or may not have turned auto scroll for plot on or off the other day.  I'll see if it makes a difference.

craigr
95% sure it’s related to extended info script
(2021-06-25, 10:21)Massimo1971 Wrote: "Extendedinfo Script" not working?

Hi, many thanks for an update of ScopeNox, I tried it and seems to work great. Can be possible that the "Extendedinfo Script"
doesn't work? Or it depends on my config?

Many Thanks

BR Massimo

The situation with the ExtendedInfo script is somewhat complicated.  The sort answer is that the version of this script we have been using with this skin for years does not work with Kodi 19 (Matrix).  At this time I think the safest bet, and what I'd recommend to anyone who is not comfortable tweaking this stuff, is uninstall the current ExtendedInfo script, assuming you already have it installed.  If the script is installed the skin will try to use it and will fail resulting in undesired results.  This is what is causing the issue craigr described above.  If the script is not installed then the skin does not try to use it and does not produce that issue.

Longer answer...
The ExtendedInfo script has been forked 77 times and at least one of these forks (https://github.com/scott967/script.extendedinfo) does work on Matrix.  However this version requires another add on by the same author, https://github.com/scott967/script.module.kodi65.  There is an issue with the only release of this second add on that will throw an error when run in the skin and not produce the expected results.  There are updates to the code for this add on since the release and these updates appear to fix the error but they have not been packaged for release so I don't know how wise it might be to try and use them.  These updates are in the branch labeled Matrix.

I have installed the updated add on and as already indicated it does appear to work.  That being said there are some quirks using ExtendedInfo with this skin.  Some of these I'm sure are due to coding in the skin; I've already found and fixed a very minor one of these (unpublished so far).  Others may be be in the script and/or how the skin interacts with it (I probably won't be able to address these).  Another issue is that some screens entirety generated by the script are designed with a 16:9 aspect ratio (I definitely won't be fixing these).  

The choice is yours on whether you want to try it or not.
Hi Guys,

I am using an anamorphic lens with my PJ, using this skin with Kodi Ds 17.7,

To make it fit the screen i need to zoom the image in a little to cater for the barrell distortion. The thing is with some movies that are scraped as 16 :9 i lose a touch of the osd on the top and bottom.

Is there any way to make say the 21:9 osd which comes up towards the middle of the screen or even 1:85 osd which is actually perfect the default osd for all aspect ratios?
(2021-06-28, 14:11)shazza6887 Wrote: Hi Guys,

To make it fit the screen i need to zoom the image in a little to cater for the barrell distortion. The thing is with some movies that are scraped as 16 :9 i lose a touch of the osd on the top and bottom.

Is there any way to make say the 21:9 osd which comes up towards the middle of the screen or even 1:85 osd which is actually perfect the default osd for all aspect ratios?
Do you have the skin set to 2.35 or 2.4?  I have a Paladin DCR lens and don't have any issues with the OSD going off screen.  You could try switching the skin to 2.4 if you're on 2.35 now.

Also, I just realized, I always leave the skin in 21:9 even when I watch 1.78.  I've done scope for a long time and find it too tedious to change the OSD position for each movie.  I leave the OSD in scope on my Oppo players too.  I also don't use the skins top and bottom masking feature because my Lumagen does auto aspect ratio zooming.  Are you running a video processor with your anamorphic lens?  If you are, you have tons of options and you can resize the image a bit to perfectly fit your screen.

Just some thoughts.

craigr
(2021-06-28, 06:10)pfp-az Wrote:
(2021-06-25, 10:21)Massimo1971 Wrote: "Extendedinfo Script" not working?

Hi, many thanks for an update of ScopeNox, I tried it and seems to work great. Can be possible that the "Extendedinfo Script"
doesn't work? Or it depends on my config?

Many Thanks

BR Massimo

The situation with the ExtendedInfo script is somewhat complicated.  The sort answer is that the version of this script we have been using with this skin for years does not work with Kodi 19 (Matrix).  At this time I think the safest bet, and what I'd recommend to anyone who is not comfortable tweaking this stuff, is uninstall the current ExtendedInfo script, assuming you already have it installed.  If the script is installed the skin will try to use it and will fail resulting in undesired results.  This is what is causing the issue craigr described above.  If the script is not installed then the skin does not try to use it and does not produce that issue.

Longer answer...
The ExtendedInfo script has been forked 77 times and at least one of these forks (https://github.com/scott967/script.extendedinfo) does work on Matrix.  However this version requires another add on by the same author, https://github.com/scott967/script.module.kodi65.  There is an issue with the only release of this second add on that will throw an error when run in the skin and not produce the expected results.  There are updates to the code for this add on since the release and these updates appear to fix the error but they have not been packaged for release so I don't know how wise it might be to try and use them.  These updates are in the branch labeled Matrix.

I have installed the updated add on and as already indicated it does appear to work.  That being said there are some quirks using ExtendedInfo with this skin.  Some of these I'm sure are due to coding in the skin; I've already found and fixed a very minor one of these (unpublished so far).  Others may be be in the script and/or how the skin interacts with it (I probably won't be able to address these).  Another issue is that some screens entirety generated by the script are designed with a 16:9 aspect ratio (I definitely won't be fixing these).  

The choice is yours on whether you want to try it or not.
So I uninstalled the old ExtendedInfo script and of course you are correct.  The skin no longer skips over the actor's images and profiles, so it works perfectly now for me without the ExtendedInfo script (how on earth did you figure out that bug was from the addon?).  Note to others; it's not enough just to disable the ExtendedInfo script, you must uninstall it to fix the actor image bug.

I did install the addons for the Matrix ExtendedInfo script and its dependency that you linked to, and again like you said the skin throws an error.  I looked at the log after that and there is a lot in there.  Unfortunately, I don't have time to try and sort all that out at the moment, so I'll be running without the ExtendedInfo script for the time being.

Thanks again for all you're doing!

craigr
Again, no idea if this is possible for you, but this might be a good icon for object oriented audio tracks like atmos and dtsx.

craigr
(2021-06-28, 15:59)craigr Wrote:
(2021-06-28, 14:11)shazza6887 Wrote: Hi Guys,

Do you have the skin set to 2.35 or 2.4?  I have a Paladin DCR lens and don't have any issues with the OSD going off screen.  You could try switching the skin to 2.4 if you're on 2.35 now.

Also, I just realized, I always leave the skin in 21:9 even when I watch 1.78.  I've done scope for a long time and find it too tedious to change the OSD position for each movie.  I leave the OSD in scope on my Oppo players too.  I also don't use the skins top and bottom masking feature because my Lumagen does auto aspect ratio zooming.  Are you running a video processor with your anamorphic lens?  If you are, you have tons of options and you can resize the image a bit to perfectly fit your screen.

Just some thoughts.

craigr
Hi, i have it set to 2.4 and i also always leave it in 21 9, although the location of the osd still changes according to the container of the actual movie itself,

i was wondering if there was a way to hard set it?
I’m not quite sure which OSD you are referring to.  Is this something while playing a movie - a small bar with buttons, a larger info like display, or something simplistic like a few lines of text?  Perhaps something else entirely.  A picture might help.
(2021-06-29, 06:12)pfp-az Wrote: I’m not quite sure which OSD you are referring to.  Is this something while playing a movie - a small bar with buttons, a larger info like display, or something simplistic like a few lines of text?  Perhaps something else entirely.  A picture might help.

When you are playing a movie and you hit enter, its the top and bottom osd, which is the play, pause etc and the title/chapter seek bar at the bottom. Even though you set the overlay to 21 9, if the container is 16 9 (actual movie) it will put the overlay at the very top and bottom of the scope image. When its either a 1 85 coded movie or a 2.40 coded movie the location of this over lay moves more towards the center.

What i want to know if there is a way to hard set the location for any container, so say all movies regardless of it being 16 9 or 21 9 put the overlay more towards the middle of the image like the 21 9 movies.

Again this is only an issue for me as i zoom a bit of the top and bottom off.

Hope that makes sense
It's been many years but this is sounding kind of familiar .  See the images in the first post as well as the conversation in posts 35-37.  Does this help or lead you in the right direction?

This is a bit of a shot in the dark...
Edit this file on your kodi device userdata\addon_data\skin.scope.nox\settings.xml
Find the setting for osd169 and change it to true
Reload and give that a try.

Sorry to say that this setting is not currently exposed in the UI, at least not that I can find.
(2021-06-28, 18:51)craigr Wrote: Again, no idea if this is possible for you, but this might be a good icon for object oriented audio tracks like atmos and dtsx.

craigr

I'm not a big fan of adding my own icons to this mix and I've yet to even find the icons already being used.  I'm also not sure how to differentiate Atmos and DTS X from 7.1 since all three appear to show 8 channels in the meta data.
(2021-06-27, 06:49)craigr Wrote:
(2021-06-27, 03:32)pfp-az Wrote: The shift view should be fixed with my latest build 1.26.6 which is here: https://github.com/pfp-az/ScopeNox/archi...1.26.6.zip
The formatting changes also affect the icons view which did not have the double placement of images.

It should be noted that since the last time I posted a build I made a modification to the movie info display adding: Data Added, Last played, and Play Count. These fields can not be suppressed at this time.
Well this is clearly outstanding!  Really, if you were to stop here I'd personally already be thrilled, but it sounds like you have even more planned  Cool

I love the date added, last played, and play count too.  I don't even see why you'd ever want to turn it off.  It twould be neet if you could have it say "Never" if the file hasn't been played and play cound read "0."  But blank as it is now makes the point just as effectivly.

If you feel like it, I think the shift view media info may be better if it is possible to show the same info as when the video is selected.  This is how it works now in the tile view.  For example, in shift if the movie is ATMOS it only says Dolby True-HD on the shift screen, but once the movie screen is selectted it says ATMOS for the audio track.  Similar for DTSX.  It's also a bit odd that ATMOS and DTSX only show two speakers in the layout.  Don't know if it's possible in the skin code, but I almost think a circle icon without any speakers would be cool for object-oriented audio tracks (or perhaps a solid rectangle the same width as a speaker square all the way around).  But seriously, this is already great and the best it's ever been!

Nicely done.

craigr

The audio channels is read from the movie file by whatever scraper is being used.  This skin is supposed to ignore what the scraper reports and pick up the channels from the file/folder name instead.  If the file/folder name does not contain this information then the data provided by the scraper is used.   The same applies to aspect ratio and audio codec (only for Atmos and DTSX).  The two screens shown here were not coded to follow the same rules in this regard.  One would always use the scraper data and the other would prefer the file/folder name before the scrapper.

In the case shown here if the file/folder name contains "2.0" then the skin will display it as 2 channels.  

I have since fixed the both screen to prefer file/folder names.

On a related note...  I mentioned aspect ratio works this way too.  This one can be really helpful because the video files actually are 16:9 with black bars on the top and bottom so the scraper will report them as 16:9.   If you include the aspect ratio "2.35" or "2.40" in the file/folder name they will display as 21:9 instead.
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH)3