• 50(current)
Mod ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH)
(2021-07-02, 17:34)pfp-az Wrote: 1.26.7 has a bug in displaying dtsx from the file name.  The missing codec is therefore expected.

We are both on Kodi 19.1 and this test shows 7.1 for me.  I’ve no idea why the results are different for us.
I would not think the platform would matter, but what are you running Kodi on?
Could you share a sceeenshot of you addons folder so i can see which of these you have installed.

Its Android Nvidia ShieldTV.  It's not jailbroken, but I did hack it to boot right into Kodi and deleted the default loader.

I can get you my apps tonight.  On a side, I am having the exact same problem in TV Shows now that we had in Movies with the cast not showing up properly.  Is there a corresponding app that could explain this as well like extended script for movies?

Thanks again,
craigr
I'll probably just add an option to not prefer some media info, such as audio channels, from file names as this reply does not seem necessary for some of them any more.  It might be a little bit before can get to that because I'm currently in the middle of some subtle but significant (at least for me) changes on the movie details screen.  It will probably take me a couple of days before I'm ready to release it.

I have no experience with anything but movies.  I do have one TV series ripped but have never figured out how to properly scrape it and get Kodi to import it.  When I can get around to that I'll at least be able to see what this looks like for TV and possibly be able to address issues there too.
Build 1.26.8 is posted here: https://github.com/pfp-az/ScopeNox/archi...1.26.8.zip

This is by far the most complex and challenging update I have ever attempted.  It's almost entirely focused on the movie details screen.

I've made a lot of changes to the code which displays this screen, not all of them are visible.  Many are just reorganizing.  The one thing you will immediately notice is the menu bar.  This is now appears just like the same screen in Aeon Nox Silvo.   Another big change is optional, and that is updating the classic Aeon Nox separator bars.  The default should be to maintain the old look but you can change to the new one by going to Settings > Interface > Skin > Configure Skin > General and selecting the option Disable Classic Separators. Another big change is visible but you are not likely to notice it unless you change aspect ratios (2.40 vs 2.35) and even then it's subtle.  Essentially the area where the  plot is grows or shrinks depending on your aspect ratio setting.   The are also a number of other small changes too.

Some screen shots of the new looks...

Also, a big thank you to mikeSILVO who was happy to let me mimic his look.
1.26.9 is available.  The only change is an option to disable getting aspect ratio, audio codec and audio channels from the path/file name.
Nice work lads! I've no time these days with work and the little one. I'm going to take a look at Aeon Nox Silvo here now, or maybe MQ. I think I took a look at MadNox before and it was massive, so would be a lot of work. Likely still be the same. If you want to commit any changes to github and can merge them.
Funny that you mention these other skins because earlier today I forked Aeon Nox Silvo and spent a few hours trying to figure out how to go about modding it for a scope screen.  It would definitely be a time sink for me, but I have the time.  For me the issue is my skinning knowledge is still so limited and so much of what I figure out is by trial and error.  I like a challenge but I think it might be more than I can handle.  Still considering it though.
(2021-07-06, 06:14)pfp-az Wrote: Funny that you mention these other skins because earlier today I forked Aeon Nox Silvo and spent a few hours trying to figure out how to go about modding it for a scope screen.  It would definitely be a time sink for me, but I have the time.  For me the issue is my skinning knowledge is still so limited and so much of what I figure out is by trial and error.  I like a challenge but I think it might be more than I can handle.  Still considering it though.

Yeah it’s tricky. Was the exact same for me back when I started this skin. Changing values and refreshing the screen to see if I hit the right one. I had a few tricks I used to do. I’ll try and dig them out and send them on.

For example I had an overlay view which was transparent but had red and orange lines for 2.35 and 2.40.
(2021-07-06, 10:22)Funkd Wrote:
(2021-07-06, 06:14)pfp-az Wrote: Funny that you mention these other skins because earlier today I forked Aeon Nox Silvo and spent a few hours trying to figure out how to go about modding it for a scope screen.  It would definitely be a time sink for me, but I have the time.  For me the issue is my skinning knowledge is still so limited and so much of what I figure out is by trial and error.  I like a challenge but I think it might be more than I can handle.  Still considering it though.

Yeah it’s tricky. Was the exact same for me back when I started this skin. Changing values and refreshing the screen to see if I hit the right one. I had a few tricks I used to do. I’ll try and dig them out and send them on.

For example I had an overlay view which was transparent but had red and orange lines for 2.35 and 2.40.

Oh yeah.  I found that and it's very helpful.  Same with keymaps to display debugging info on the screen.
However there are aspects that still make this rather tough to me.
  1. It looks like the original code is not commented at all.  Sometimes comments have been added as mods were done but to a large extent you either have to know this still extremely well or figure what each block of code is actually doing.
  2. Code is not necessarily in order.  The code that draws something at the bottom of the screen may be at the top of the file or somewhere in the middle, etc.  This may not make difference to the finished look of the skin but it adds another challenge to figuring it all out.  This is especially the case with nested containers that can obscure the real position of something on the screen.
  3. Includes everywhere with code across many different files.  I understand why the includes are used but again in make it rather difficult to decipher when everything is new.
In order to make the changes I did to the movies details screen I had to go through every line of code adding comments and reordering all the pieces so that I could make sense of it.  While I think that's a good thing I'd imagine it makes merging upstream changes difficult if not nearly impossible.
I’m super stoked to try the new releases you’ve posted but I’ll be out of town until Saturday. Can’t wait to give it a spin!

Thanks as always,
craigr
Just grabbed 1.26.11.  I got to run x.10 last night and it's looking good!

craigr
(2021-07-12, 22:29)craigr Wrote: Just grabbed 1.26.11.  I got to run x.10 last night and it's looking good!

craigr

No problem if you want to use any builds but please keep in mind that when I don't post about a new release it's most likely because there are still issues I'm working through.  

I've been doing a lot of work to replace ExtendedInfo with Embruary info and TheMovieDB Helper.  Both are functional but there is more work to be done, especially with Embruary info which has three new screens I need too completely revise for scope.  TheMovieDB searches are also flawed in some circumstances.

I've also removed the option to keep the classic separators.
Cool. Which build do you think is the best as a daily driver at this point?

Best,
craigr
1.26.9 is the last one I posted here and is something I would consider "done".  So far, everything after that is a work in progress.  I test all the changes I make on my laptop but when I think things are ready to give a real world try in the theatre I create a release.  I would not anticipate any release to be so broken it can't be used, some features may not be working properly but overall the skin will be functional.  The other consideration is that I may have forced a change that you don't know about.  For example in 1.26.11 there is no more option to use the classic separators and the media flag icons are now grouped with the plot and not visible when viewing the cast posters, etc.   

My primary focus right now is the bottom half of the video info details screen and adding integration from TMDB so these are the things that may not be working exactly as intended yet.
(2021-07-12, 22:29)craigr Wrote: Just grabbed 1.26.11.  I got to run x.10 last night and it's looking good!

craigr

Please can you post the link where I can download the newest version. Thanks.
it'a not quite the newest but it's what I would recommend at this time
Build 1.26.8 is posted here: https://github.com/pfp-az/ScopeNox/archi...1.26.8.zip

I should have a new version available for general use within about a week.
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH)3