Solved ERROR: Unable to create application. Exiting
(2020-01-29, 18:55)VISCOPJ Wrote:
(2015-06-10, 23:57)marhutchy Wrote: Thought I should share this, in case anyone else comes to experience this issue.

So, I had this issue after I had to force close Isengard: ERROR: Unable to create application. Exiting.

Every time I tried opening the application, I get a prompt with that error.

At first I renamed Kodi in the roaming folder (%appdata%/kodi) to kodi.old.
I opened Isengard and it worked fine, but all my settings were gone - obviously.
I started re-adding my previous sub-folders from Kodi.old to the currently working Kodi folder.
I re-added the addons folder, still working fine.
Re-added userdata folder, ERROR: Unable to create application. Exiting.
Tried re-adding the entire contents of the userdata folder excluding the .xml files - worked great.

Turned out the problem was the profiles.xml file. That was the only item that required deletion - it was corrupted.
Isengard worked great after that, but I had to modify some settings all over again. Beats having to re-add addons, etc Cool
@VISCOPJ

What are you trying to do..?
Hi, my Kodi crashing on start with this message. 

This is crash log: 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
2020-10-07 21:48:10.532 T:28512    INFO: loading settings
2020-10-07 21:48:10.533 T:28512   ERROR: CProfileManager: error loading special://masterprofile/profiles.xml, Line 0
                                            Failed to open file
2020-10-07 21:48:10.533 T:28512  NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special://masterprofile/
2020-10-07 21:48:10.533 T:28512   FATAL: unable to load profile
I doubt that is the complete debug log, snippets don't tell the whole story. Use a proper pastebin and link the full log to a new post. My first suggestion would be to delete the profiles.xml in the userdata folder. https://kodi.wiki/view/Profiles

Not a good idea to tack on your issue with an old thread, especially one with the solved moniker, make a fresh new post with log.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ERROR: Unable to create application. Exiting3