AMLogic - try and fix your Audio and Video playback problems.
I've been reading all about the Amlogic issue back over in another post on the forum:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2178145

Just got an M8S, Amlogic S812 Android box and this came installed with Anroid 4.4.2 and Kodi 14.2. All working great. I played back some HEVC h.265 content via other video player apps and they utilised the s812 Amlogic hardware for decoding just perfectly, however Kodi 14.2 does not, only hardware h.264 support as per the Kodi release notes.

So to get HEVC h.265 in Kodi I installed Kodi 15.2 as release notes detail it support HEVC h.265 and for Amlogic S812 that's upto 8bit 4K no 10 bit. Just finished testing today and all working perfectly hardware decoding within Kodi 15.2 utilising Amlogic hardware for of h.264 HD, HEVC h.265 HD and UHD. See screen shots below from Kodi Smile

I should add this M8S box is not rooted and thus no changes to permissions have been done, it just worked as in....am I one of the luck ones, has something changed in the 15.2 build?

I have absolutely no idea why/how this is working on this Android box with Amlogic S812. Here re some screen grabs of the details.

Messages In This Thread
RE: AMLogic - try and fix your Audio and Video playback problems. - by westley - 2015-12-04, 15:03
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AMLogic - try and fix your Audio and Video playback problems.3