AMLogic - try and fix your Audio and Video playback problems.
I have an Android tablet with HDMI port and a resolution of 1024x600 (ONDA V711 dual processor clone)
I fixed amlogic permissions ( the ones that old versions of kodi fix) in boot.img
system("su -c chmod 666 /dev/amvideo");
system("su -c chmod 666 /dev/amstream*");
system("su -c chmod 666 /sys/class/video/axis");
system("su -c chmod 666 /sys/class/video/screen_mode");
system("su -c chmod 666 /sys/class/video/disable_video");
system("su -c chmod 666 /sys/class/tsync/pts_pcrscr");
system("su -c chmod 666 /sys/class/audiodsp/digital_raw");
system("su -c chmod 666 /sys/class/ppmgr/ppmgr_3d_mode");
system("su -c chmod 666 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq");
system("su -c chmod 666 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq");
system("su -c chmod 666 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor");
I activate the HDMI output, invalidate the LCD display and set the resolution of HDMI to 1920x1080p through HDMISwitch application that came with the official firmware.
First issue: Somehow solved

Without changing the source file of the kodi, all the versions before and including 14.05beta produced no video but with audio. All the versions after and including 14.2 final once started produced black screen, ( nothing is present on screen), and the only way to revive the tablet is resetting it through reset switch. I did not test versions between 14.05beta and 14.2.
I discovered that on the versions prior 14.05beta when the movie starts it is written 0 0 -1 -1 to /sys/class/video/axis. No matter how many movies I started situtation is same. But if I manually change the value from /sys/class/video/axis. through adb with kodi started, , without restarting kodi, all the video started after the change will be ok, including the one thet is eventually playing, having both sound and video. If I restart kodi again I have the same issue.
I discovered that in function AMLCodec::SetVideoRect SrcRect, and DestRect have proper values , but by some reasons, m_display_rect is 0 and as result dst_rect is 0 and therefore 0 0 -1 -1 is written in axis (this only happened before i manually alter axis, after alteration, m_diplay_rect is corect. I "fixed" this by checking in the function if m_display_rect is 0 case in which I made it equal to gui, with have proper values. I also copy and adapt versions from trunk of the following files :
windowing/egl/EGLNativeTypeAmlogic.cpp
windowing/egl/EGLNativeTypeAmlogic.h
windowing/egl/EGLWrapper.cpp
utils/AMLUtils.cpp
utils/AMLUtils.h
(Only copying the files without altering SetVideoRect does not help)

Second issue Not solved
Even the resolution is set up at 1920x1080p, and the movie is full HD (1920x1080) in axis is written 0 0 1024 552 (552 and not 600 because of android softbuttons) the image is on whole screen. but the image is not so sharp, therefore is like movie is played at 1024 x 552 and upscaled to the TV at 1920x1080. I played same video with diferent video player (movieplayer) , and picture is more clear, so the tablet can produce full HD output through HDMI. If I manually put in /sys/class/video/axis 0 0 1920 1080. then only top left part of the movie is shown on screen. /sys/class/display/axis shows 0 0 1920 1080 0 0 32 32
Are maybe needed other permission to be set? This issue is probably similar to zoom issue that is signalled in another thread which is now closed. So probably the Zoom issue was "fixed" by reducing resolution to the native one of the tablet/box. That's probably why some said the zoom issue is not present if the resolution to the TV is set at 720p. That is because maybe that resolution is more close to the native one, so the zoom effect is much diminuated or no longer exists( many tablet offer vertical native resolutions of 800

Please help

Messages In This Thread
RE: AMLogic - try and fix your Audio and Video playback problems. - by spon901 - 2016-05-12, 13:35
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AMLogic - try and fix your Audio and Video playback problems.3