AMLogic - try and fix your Audio and Video playback problems.
(2018-02-12, 16:38)arun_97 Wrote: The AAC 5.1 audio is transcoded to AC3 5.1 and is set to passthrough. But I am getting 7.1 AAC also as AC3 5.1 if transcode is enabled. If the transcode option is disabled I am getting 7.1 AAC audio as 2.0 PCM in the receiver. Any solutions?

AC3 can only handle 5.1 - you can't transcode 7.1 AAC to 7.1 AC3 as that's not a real format. (E-AC3 supports 7.1 - but Kodi doesn't include that as a transcode output option)

If you are limited to SPDIF quality audio (either by using Toslink, ARC via your TV via HDMI, or because your platform doesn't support 5.1/7.1 PCM over HDMI) then 2.0 PCM or 5.1AC3 are your two options. 

HOWEVER if your environment (AVR, connection, platform) all support 5.1/7.1 PCM via HDMI - then disable passthrough and set your Kodi audio channels to 7.1 and Kodi will decode all audio to 7.1 PCM (so AAC 5.1 and 7.1, DTS HD MA, True HD, DD, DTS will all be decoded to PCM multichannel)

In my experience LibreElec on AMLogic is much better in this regard than Android.

Messages In This Thread
RE: AMLogic - try and fix your Audio and Video playback problems. - by noggin - 2018-07-08, 16:26
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AMLogic - try and fix your Audio and Video playback problems.3