• 10(current)
AMLogic - try and fix your Audio and Video playback problems.
Hi! im trying kodi on android, s905 device, android 7.1.2, model k1 pro

The problem is that i have 25fps on pvr live, u can view this issue, viewing a football match, i dont understand why.

I know it's a problem, but i cant understand how thousands of app iptv from the store, works with good framerate, i think is an issue with the codec mediacodec, but all of that apps from the store, works with hardware acceleration with the correct framerate.

Can u implement hardware acceleration, or use external player for pvr?

Thanks!!!!
If you are watching Live TV using the inbuilt K1 Pro tuner then it is interlaced video content.
Interlaced video content is a problem for AMLogic Android devices for about 2 years now, it only outputs half motion 25fps deinterlaced video when using Kodi Krypton onwards.

It is also common with some IPTV services to only stream in 25fps which is too slow for fast sports action.

You can try using the SPMC App (Kodi Jarvis) but the ultimate solution would be to run CoreELEC Kodi from a Samsung EVO microSDHC card and use the TvHeadend server, installed from the CE repository to tune TV stations using the inbuilt TV tuner.

I tried all forks, all kodi builds.. and that's my result:

SPMC 17.6 - PVR stuttering, lag menus and work all the other, python 2.7 addons works, and u can launch apks from kodi menu

SPMC- 16.7.4 - Works all ok, addons ok with python 2.7 but... it can't launch android apks from kodi menu, because this fork has this bug (on their github, a all the users comment the same bug)

SPMC- 16.6.0- Works all ok, can launch android apks from kodi menu, but.. it cant launch python 2.7 addons..

FTMC- 16.2.31 - PVR issues, randomly black flashings every 5~10 min, but all the addons with python 2.7 works well, and u can launch all android apks from kodi menu

Wetek Media Player - Works all ok but the same of 16.6.0 - u cant launch python 2.7 addons.. and u can launch android apks from kodi menu,

I dont found any other fork that works with all, python 2.7, pvr works, and can launch androdi apks from kodi menu Sad

If anyone know another fork to try it or somthing.. 

I think the best way to reproduce all at this moment is SPMC 16.7.4 and launch android apks from home...

Thanks for all
(2017-12-11, 18:55)Gábor Wrote: Hello,,
With Youtube Addon if I skip or forward, reward video (resolutions does not matter), sound will be only 10sec later. I tried Beelink MXIII and MXII II same issue. With 8.1.10, 8.2.1.1 also. This is LE 8 bug or  Kodi 17 because on Android with Kodi 17.4, 17.6 same problem. With 7.0.3.012l there is no problem. I hear sound immediately. I prefer 8LE because of Youtube 1080p.

If you wanna a perfect youtube play, better use a smart youtube tv, its an app for android and it will let you 4k with vp9 and profile 2 (4k HDR) with a perfect smooth play..

Could be nice if kodi can take the core player of smart youtube tv, and let us use it on kodi as it has so great reproduction and hardware acceleration on amlogic S905d.

Since i tried that app, i deleted the oficial youtube app and dont use the kodi addons.
Guys I'm getting "Multi in'' on my Denon receiver 2400 while playing files with Atmos or dtx track. Playing through SMB share. Windows 10.
Hi guys, I found the DEFINITIVE solution to enable the automatic frame rate switching in all TV box with Amlogic Processors,

https://www.cnx-software.com/2019/07/23/...rocessors/

I tested it in a TV Box Android 8.1 Amlogic S905X2 with Kodi 18.4 Leia and works perfectly!
(2019-09-27, 03:54)TheWizHard Wrote: Hi guys, I found the DEFINITIVE solution to enable the automatic frame rate switching in all TV box with Amlogic Processors,

Rooted TV boxes ONLY.
(2019-09-27, 04:36)kostaman Wrote:
(2019-09-27, 03:54)TheWizHard Wrote: Hi guys, I found the DEFINITIVE solution to enable the automatic frame rate switching in all TV box with Amlogic Processors,

Rooted TV boxes ONLY.

And for those reading the AFRD works well on AMLogic Android devices - WITH ALL Android Apps.

The Simplest way to Root for the uninitiated is to install the Magisk.v19.x.apk (click) from a USB stick with a File manager App.

Then open Magisk > select the first option "Magisk in not installed" > Install > Direct Install (recommended) > Reboot

The AFRD-0.3.2.apk (click) can then be installed and Enabled. (Grant Forever access in the popup).

For ODROID N2 Android users I had to mod the App slightly for it to work - ODROID.N2.AFRD-0.3.2.apk (click)

The only change I made to AFRD was Settings > Switch Timings > Stop switch delay > change to 100
That timing seems to work better when stopping video playback.

Smile
W.

Is it possible to install the AFRD in one of the miboxs so i can have auto frame rate switch with netflix and prime video?
Or because the bootloader is locked there is no way?
With the firestick 4k i'm stuck at 60hz for all the others apps, if i want to use his AFR function for prime video and Kodi.
(2019-09-27, 04:36)kostaman Wrote: Rooted TV boxes ONLY.

You cannot root the Mi Boxes.

The only device that has auto Frame Rate Matching for the Netflix App is the Apple TV HD/4K

(2019-10-09, 05:32)wrxtasy Wrote:

Rooted TV boxes ONLY. 

And for those reading the AFRD works well on AMLogic Android devices - WITH ALL Android Apps.

The Simplest way to Root for the uninitiated is to install the Magisk.v19.x.apk (click) from a USB stick with a File manager App.

Then open Magisk > select the first option "Magisk in not installed" > Install > Direct Install (recommended) > Reboot

The AFRD-0.3.2.apk (click) can then be installed and Enabled. (Grant Forever access in the popup).

For ODROID N2 Android users I had to mod the App slightly for it to work - ODROID.N2.AFRD-0.3.2.apk (click)

The only change I made to AFRD was Settings > Switch Timings > Stop switch delay > change to 100

Smile
W. 

Have a Mini M8S II (s905x) box and installed AFRD. Box is rooted with Super Su. App installs fine, however when I play a movie, the screen turns green and then appears to loss connection with the Mini M8S II which is still powered on. Regardless of what I press on the remote, there is no connection and the screen won't turn on. I then need to switch the Mini M8S II off and restart.

Do I need to install Magisk and is it safe to have both Super Su and Magisk installed together.

Thanks
I recently posted a thread on my issue Kodi buffering quite frequently with my adroid 9 x950x2 amilogic quad core 4gb ram box.
Maybe this discussion has something to do with it?  
I don't quite follow though, maybe someone can assist.

What should i set the android display settings to?  1080p/24fp? 60fp?  4K?? my tv is an lg 4k tv.   I currently have box connected to network via wifi.

Does this discussion possibly relate to my issue?
(2019-10-09, 05:32)wrxtasy Wrote:

Rooted TV boxes ONLY. 

Smile
W. 
Hi,
after trying this on my AMLogic device, and confirmed it's mostly working, I am still left with the issue of the black display for 3-4 seconds while my TV switches refresh rate.
I am missing the first few seconds of my video as a result.
how can I solve this?
Hi.
I think I have a playback issue with DRM content in Kodi 18.5 and above.
I describe my issue at HBO GO EU add-on in two posts
#286 https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2907217  and
#326 https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2913489
There i was don't have any luck with help. Maybe here.
Thank you very much for any help.
Hello again!

So I've got a Beelink Gt1-mini Box with S905X2 SOC and have a few run to try make the AFR working with the AFRd app.
Results so far:

Latest official KODI: AFR is unpredictable, sometimes it switches, sometimes i doesn't. For 23.976fps with some videos it switches to 23.98Hz and with other videos to 24Hz (don't know what could cause this difference). Interlaced 25fps->50HZ switching doesn't work properly. And no good deinterlaceing available.

SPMC-16.7.4-spmc-94d913d-armeabi-v7a.apk: Nothing good here, freezes and restarts all the time.

SPMC-spmc-krypton-1f9a682-armeabi-v7a.apk: Same as above.

Than I've launched the Aptoide Store app and searched for SPMC and got this version as first result:

17.5Git_20170617-25ff56-dirty: AFR works in most of the cases, but still switches to 23.98 or 24Hz with particular videos with 23.976fps. Interlaced 25fps->50Hz also working and also has quite decent deinerlacing going on (had to enable MPEG 2 and MPEG 4 video acceleration for SD videos in the settings). So this is the best version I've tried so far (accidentally).

Any other suggestion what else could I try to make it even better? My goal is a fair as possible FHD and SD playback on Android. No interest in HD audio, UHD or HDR at the moment.
And any clue why the official KODI being so unusable in this case?

The Box has official Android 9 firmware running (tho' not the very latest version).

Thanks for the suggestions!
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AMLogic - try and fix your Audio and Video playback problems.3