• 2(current)
Android Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV
(2015-07-20, 21:24)Hannes The Hun Wrote: @littlepooch well, I installed the "keymap editor" as a programs add-on in Kodi and re-mapped as ewaterke suggested. where's your issue?

That was my issue. I didn't know there was an app/add-on called keymap editor. I just added it and I'm good to go. Thanks very much for your help. Now my basic Sony remote controls everything lol
there you go, good for you! please guys, remember to also use some google and wikipedia research. we are not paid by Sony (or any other device manufacturer) to do their support but we're glad to help out if somebody really is stuck.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
(2015-07-20, 21:43)Hannes The Hun Wrote: there you go, good for you! please guys, remember to also use some google and wikipedia research. we are not paid by Sony (or any other device manufacturer) to do their support but we're glad to help out if somebody really is stuck.

yeah after i posted this i googled keymap editor and found it and how to set it up.
Do anybody have any experience with Sony KDL43w805C or similar (non 4k)? I believe it’s using the ARMv7 processor.

Will Kodi work on these TV’s, without stuttering issues?
(2015-07-23, 14:45)cobleze Wrote: Do anybody have any experience with Sony KDL43w805C or similar (non 4k)? I believe it’s using the ARMv7 processor.

Will Kodi work on these TV’s, without stuttering issues?
I have the 805c I have put the latest kodi on. It all works fine all very smooth including dts/dd pass through.

I am not certain but I don't think it does 24p yet as the TV doesn't report it changing to 24p when I start a movie like it does when I use kodi on my htpc. I am aware that android is not as advanced in this area though.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm looking to minimize the amounts of devices I have near my TV, including my htpc, and would love if the TV could replace the htpc and handle all my future usage of KODI.

Do you guys think the 24p issue would be a problem, or annoyance, considering the TV (with KODI installed) should replace the HTPC?
(2015-07-23, 22:07)cobleze Wrote: Thanks for the feedback. I'm looking to minimize the amounts of devices I have near my TV, including my htpc, and would love if the TV could replace the htpc and handle all my future usage of KODI.

Do you guys think the 24p issue would be a problem, or annoyance, considering the TV (with KODI installed) should replace the HTPC?
I think I only really noticed it when I was watching landscape panning shots in a movie. I replayed the same bit and noticed it was smoother on the htpc. Not sure many people would even notice it.
(2015-07-23, 22:07)cobleze Wrote: Thanks for the feedback. I'm looking to minimize the amounts of devices I have near my TV, including my htpc, and would love if the TV could replace the htpc and handle all my future usage of KODI.

If you are used to 24p yes it will be an issue.
But since you are asking that question - you are probably not used to it Smile
lol, I guess you're right Smile I'll probably go for the KDL43W805C then. Thanks for the feedback Smile
This seems to be working very well (including integration with PleXBMC), I simply enabled AC3 and DTS support and it outputs very well to my receiver, from my Sony X85C TV. The performance is also pretty good, movies start within a few seconds and shows instantly. Thx for the great work on this, love the client so far!

Hopefully soon 24p support (Refresh rate switching) will b e supported aswell Smile
Hello,

On my KDL-50W805C is very dificult to play 3D movie. Application Movies from sony is too easy, it supports just few formats. When I trying to play 3D film in KODI, TV doesn't know that picture is in 3D. For example in YouTube or Movies app I can press "action menu" on remote, chose 3D options and activate it. When I am in KODI, in action menu isn't any 3D option so I can't switch picture to 3D.

Have anyone similar experience or I am wrong?
Thank you for help
just as it says in the wiki: 3D modes such as anaglyph or interlaced are not currently supported on the ARM platform.
http://kodi.wiki/view/3D#ARM_.28Android....erry_Pi.29
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Thought I'd chime in here;

I have the KDL-55W800C and it works brilliantly (for my needs). Installed Kodi from the play store. Content is mainly 720p/1080p mkv's and mp4's with a mixture of audio formats. I don't utilize 3D, so I can't comment on that. What I'm truly impressed by is the wireless performance, it's stellar. I hate wireless generally, but I haven't bothered to plug in ethernet.

Every setup is gonna need some tweaks, this is by far the best OOTB start I've dealt with.

Overall, I'm very impressed.
a bit unrelated questions for the owners:

- what did you use to edit/sort channel list?

- the Bravia shows
Code:
http://192.168.xxx.xxx:10000/contentshare/WebApp/index.html
in the local network but I can't connect to it - is this used for DLNA or something else?

I found out that you can activate developer options the same way as with e.g. the Nexus devices but not many options are available. will need to find out later if adb server is now running/accessible, I am not familiar with android TV development yet.

all in all after 2 weeks I am still quite impressed with the TV and the user experience, the July 15 update worked wonders for Android TV on the Sony, and Kodi performs very well. Netflix in 4k is quite an experience...
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Just a quick question regarding KODI/Sony/Android. How about HEVC encoded files?
Does the TV have enough CPU to play back 720p HEVC or even 1080p HEVC, or is Kodi able to use hardware acceleration?

Sincerely
Mikkel
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV8