• 4(current)
Android Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV
(2015-08-10, 08:48)Hannes The Hun Wrote: Kodi on Android currently does not support playback of 3D movies. This is not specific to Sony Android TVs so please discuss this in another more appropriate thread.

Thank you.
more out of curiosity I installed v16 alpha 1 onto my Sony (enabling dev options and sideloading the apk via network with an adb terminal) - as far as I can tell everything seems to be running smoothly as it was the case with v15.1 but I am well aware that I can expect some trouble with this early build. if I can help devs somehow, please feel free to contact me. for interested owners please be aware that as far as I can tell you have to first uninstall the v15.1 you installed from play store and start over with a fresh scraped library (I always do this when testing, never using backups from older releases).

over the next few days I'll post reports if there's anything I can find that's worth reporting.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
(2015-08-21, 14:37)Hannes The Hun Wrote: more out of curiosity I installed v16 alpha 1 onto my Sony (enabling dev options and sideloading the apk via network with an adb terminal) - as far as I can tell everything seems to be running smoothly as it was the case with v15.1 but I am well aware that I can expect some trouble with this early build. if I can help devs somehow, please feel free to contact me. for interested owners please be aware that as far as I can tell you have to first uninstall the v15.1 you installed from play store and start over with a fresh scraped library (I always do this when testing, never using backups from older releases).

over the next few days I'll post reports if there's anything I can find that's worth reporting.
You should never have to uninstall the previous release
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
sure, I was a bit surprised but adb told me that it couldn't install v16 alpha1 due to Kodi already being installed.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
adb install -r foo.apk
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
thanks for the hint, the parameter was missing, good to know for next monthly build Big Grin
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Glad I found this thread.

I'm using Kodi 15.1 on my Sony Bravia 43W800C. I've tried playing 1080p 16Gb files with no problems so far.

Do you guys watch 1080p or 720p movies? What I like about high bit rate 720p movies is that it upscales the movie to the whole screen unlike 1080 which has the black bars at the top and bottom.
Are you sure the 720p ones are in 2.35 aspect sounds like they are already in 1.85 or 1.78 as it should not scale them and remove the the bars if it does not do it on 1080p source.
(2015-08-22, 07:43)armen.mogahdsian Wrote: Glad I found this thread.

I'm using Kodi 15.1 on my Sony Bravia 43W800C. I've tried playing 1080p 16Gb files with no problems so far.

Do you guys watch 1080p or 720p movies? What I like about high bit rate 720p movies is that it upscales the movie to the whole screen unlike 1080 which has the black bars at the top and bottom.
are the sony android tv 55-X9000c or 55-X8500C capable to decode dts sound directly from TV using kodi.

LG 55UF8500 and 55EG9600 got DTS Decoder as per LG website.

Advantage to use sony tv is to leverage Kodi and can select movie and play them directly on TV without soundbar or external amplifier.

Currently using an old LG TV (without dts decoding capability), dts is enable via LG Soundbar HX56.

Thank you in advance if any know the answer.
(2015-08-22, 21:57)crystalgipsy Wrote: Are you sure the 720p ones are in 2.35 aspect sounds like they are already in 1.85 or 1.78 as it should not scale them and remove the the bars if it does not do it on 1080p source.
(2015-08-22, 07:43)armen.mogahdsian Wrote: Glad I found this thread.

I believe so, because all 720 movies that I download always upscales the video to the whole screen. I played this file "Pitch Perfect 2 2015 720p BluRay DD5.1 x264" description shows a resolution of "1280x694"

(2015-08-23, 04:44)martialp Wrote: are the sony android tv 55-X9000c or 55-X8500C capable to decode dts sound directly from TV using kodi.

LG 55UF8500 and 55EG9600 got DTS Decoder as per LG website.

Advantage to use sony tv is to leverage Kodi and can select movie and play them directly on TV without soundbar or external amplifier.

Currently using an old LG TV (without dts decoding capability), dts is enable via LG Soundbar HX56.

Thank you in advance if any know the answer.

I believe my W800C decodes my DTS movies through Kodi. Because when going into the sound settings while in movie it shows "DTS 5.1" in use. I use the built in speakers. I also played 16GB movies with no problem that also has DTS.
anyone know how to right click on android TV? To get into addon settings/info, or to add a channel to favorites... I tried, a lot.

I got a question that has nothing to do with kodi, please excuse this, but these android TVs are new, not many places to ask this question:

Anyone having trouble with sony bravia android tv screen mirroring? i used to have a kdl55w790b that was excellent on that, now the kdl55w800c totally sucks at that. thanks.
(2015-08-31, 04:54)DarkAngelHeart Wrote: anyone know how to right click on android TV? To get into addon settings/info, or to add a channel to favorites... I tried, a lot.

I got a question that has nothing to do with kodi, please excuse this, but these android TVs are new, not many places to ask this question:

Anyone having trouble with sony bravia android tv screen mirroring? i used to have a kdl55w790b that was excellent on that, now the kdl55w800c totally sucks at that. thanks.

Right-click: Use the Kodi Key Map Editor add-on (install it first) to map any key from your RC to the Kodi 'Context' (= right click) action. It is somewhere under Global > Navigation I believe. See also elsewhere in this thread.

Screen mirror: Google Cast (a Chrome extension) works great to show your Chrome pages from your PC/laptop on the TV. Youtube Chrome pages will automatically start the Youtube app on the TV and allows to queue additional videos. Did not try desktop mirroring.
(2015-08-31, 08:32)yomtidom Wrote:
(2015-08-31, 04:54)DarkAngelHeart Wrote: anyone know how to right click on android TV? To get into addon settings/info, or to add a channel to favorites... I tried, a lot.

Right-click: Use the Kodi Key Map Editor add-on (install it first) to map any key from your RC to the Kodi 'Context' (= right click) action. It is somewhere under Global > Navigation I believe. See also elsewhere in this thread.

Screen mirror: Google Cast (a Chrome extension) works great to show your Chrome pages from your PC/laptop on the TV. Youtube Chrome pages will automatically start the Youtube app on the TV and allows to queue additional videos. Did not try desktop mirroring.

thank you, gonna try and get that add on.

For screen mirroring yes i used it on my previous model, delay was always no more than a second long. Switched TVs to this one, same setup, 30 seconds+ lag. Even after connecting it by cable.
(2015-08-31, 08:32)yomtidom Wrote:

And it's set to the green button Smile Thank you!
Does the Sony tv sideview remote app work for typing text into kodi?

it works as a touch remote, and types text on iphone instead of using sony's RC, but on Kodi dunno if there's a fix for it.

thanks!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV8