• 75(current)
Android Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV
(2017-07-21, 16:36)avalancheland Wrote: Can someone please tell me what page to go to to locate the Bravia back button issue discussion with kodi?

Is this what you were looking for:- https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2564664
Thank you.
Another question about the remote. How do i set up trakt using the Bravia remote?
on my 43W800C i notice when playing videos streamed from my PC Lan its now CPU0 90-100% CPU1 0%.
used to be both cores share the load 40-60% on the two cores.

is this a TV problem or kodi 17.3 issue? did a reset, reinstall app. i only have 2 add-on installed. TV only has 3 downloaded apps installed.

i dont think its because I updated the TV to 6.0.1 a month ago.
Is there a software like Kodi?
Hi friends, I love Kodi but I regret because I have to leave Kodi and to use another difefferent software.  In fact I am using a new camera to make documentaries and Kodi doesn't work. I think the file is too much heavy for Kodi. Now I make UHD 50p 150Mbps. I have a Sony Bravia 65" with 3-4 software and every softare reads those files perfectly but Kodi reads them in not fluid way and jerky. I don't watch TV with Kodi, I watch only my documentaries. Now I tell you what is important for me:
I have many documentaries in a HDD and Kodi put all the titles in a row on one page (screen).
This is the most important thing for me. I need a software that reads UHD well and that shows all the titles of my UHD documentaries. Thanks for some info.
(2018-02-22, 18:34)FoxADRIANO Wrote: Is there a software like Kodi?
Hi friends, I love Kodi but I regret because I have to leave Kodi and to use another difefferent software.  In fact I am using a new camera to make documentaries and Kodi doesn't work. I think the file is too much heavy for Kodi. Now I make UHD 50p 150Mbps. I have a Sony Bravia 65" with 3-4 software and every softare reads those files perfectly but Kodi reads them in not fluid way and jerky. I don't watch TV with Kodi, I watch only my documentaries. Now I tell you what is important for me:
I have many documentaries in a HDD and Kodi put all the titles in a row on one page (screen).
This is the most important thing for me. I need a software that reads UHD well and that shows all the titles of my UHD documentaries. Thanks for some info.

Are you watching the RAW codec video?

150Mbps is above the UHD bluray max of 128Mbps. If you dropped the birate to that you’d have more success I think as long as it’s HEVC.

No software is going to change this. It’s your hardware. You may need to build an HTPC. The following specs should be a good baseline:

i3-6100 (get the t model if you can swing it)
1050ti (handles HDR too)

Build yourself a little PC and you’re probably good.

I have an appletv 4K, if you send me a sample video I’ll tell you how it plays on an appletv 4k. You can get MrMC on AppleTV for like $5.00. It’s Kodi. Some will say it’s not true Kodi but it’s kodi enough. And there are about 8 other choices for software. I have them all and I’ll test them for you if you want.
I don't use RAW. This is the most important thing for me: I need a software that reads UHD fine but that shows all the titles of my UHD documentaries on one page. I attach a pic to show what I want: www.dropbox.com/s/8ah47eveu26eq8n/EW.jpg?dl=0
This is one of many clips: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9qnc34kxdoc4i0...a.MOV?dl=0 
It is not a hardware problem because every other software read my files.

PS: I know MX Player Pro is a good player but I don't know if it had that option. Do you know it?
(2018-02-22, 21:06)FoxADRIANO Wrote: I don't use RAW. This is the most important thing for me: I need a software that reads UHD fine but that shows all the titles of my UHD documentaries on one page. I attach a pic to show what I want: www.dropbox.com/s/8ah47eveu26eq8n/EW.jpg?dl=0
This is one of many clips: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9qnc34kxdoc4i0...a.MOV?dl=0 
It is not a hardware problem because every other software read my files.

PS: I know MX Player Pro is a good player but I don't know if it had that option. Do you know it?

It’s not the software. It’s the hardware. That TV will not do 150Mbps period. If you dropped your bitrates to 128Mbps you’d probably be golden. I think the appletv wit mrmc might be the right way for you
whoopn is probably correct. The Sony does stutter with high resolution UHD files, no matter what player you use. I use Kodi on my Sony Television (Actually SPMC) and when I want to play a UHD file, I invoke a different video player through Kodi. I use either the Sony internal video player, MX player (not pro) or the Kodi internal player (does not like HVEC).

My UHD files must be played off USB attached to the television. Network  will not handle high res either. I find the Sony internal player to be the best.

I like Kodi as it keeps track of all my files, movies and shows in a nice little library.
(2018-02-22, 22:16)cwh060 Wrote: whoopn is probably correct. The Sony does stutter with high resolution UHD files, no matter what player you use. I use Kodi on my Sony Television (Actually SPMC) and when I want to play a UHD file, I invoke a different video player through Kodi. I use either the Sony internal video player, MX player (not pro) or the Kodi internal player (does not like HVEC).

My UHD files must be played off USB attached to the television. Network  will not handle high res either. I find the Sony internal player to be the best.

I like Kodi as it keeps track of all my files, movies and shows in a nice little library.
 Network (wired) should play just about any media file you could possibly throw at it.  The hardware playing it though...

1GbE is 1000Mbps (generally duplexed so 2Gb total, 1 each way).  So you should be able to play 5-7 of these files simultaneously if the hardware could do it.

Make sure also that your network storage isn't too slow.  Not all NAS arrays can really do 100MB/s (thats about line speed of a 1GbE connection).

Also this website (http://jell.yfish.us/) is awesome, you can test all sorts of bitrates.  I'm going to test 140 and 160 on my appletv 4k and then on my media PC (GTX950)
Ok I tested.

AppleTV 4k:
Played all files but definitely had some stuttering in buffering or something, not network related, like perhaps loading its own system RAM.  I didn't really mess with too many settings.
The appletv can play the 400Mbps file just as well as the lower bitrate ones but that buffer like issue would be a reason to stay away.

My HTPC (i3-6100t/GTX950)
The only stutter was it changing the 4k to 1080p (happens on all 4k files of mine, I think its the 950's fault, a 1050ti would fix it right up I'm sure).  It played all files without issue, even that 400MBps one.

Note, I never had network streaming issues as I use ethernet (1Gb) and my NAS is capable of saturating the line (113MB/s) sustained for as long as you need it to.

So in conclusion I think you should invest in a small, inexpensive HTPC. Put windows on it and install the kodi app from the MS store.  Super easy to maintain and share your files to you and would let you use it for other things like gaming if you wanted.
(2018-02-22, 22:16)cwh060 Wrote: I use either the Sony internal video player, MX player (not pro) or the Kodi internal player (does not like HVEC).

Can you tell me if I can see my videos lined up with MX like with Kodi? I attach a pic:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ah47eveu26eq8n/EW.jpg?dl=0
That is not a Kodi question.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Star 
(2018-02-23, 05:06)nickr Wrote: That is not a Kodi question.

You get a gold star.
I'm sorry for my thought but it seems all you answer to another question and not mine. Someone replied me it is a hardware problem and they don't explain because all other software read prfectly my files. I use always the same TV. Other people are telling me Kodi works fine with PC. I use TV. Even a a gold sta member is telling me it is not a Kodi problem. I tell all you: it is a Kodi problem. It is the worse software I have used still now but it has a very good interface. All that is incredible but true. I am on a Kodi forum and all you are afraid here to tell the real problems of Kodi. All of you are like fans of a football team.  Wink
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV8