Local IPTV in TVheadend
Does anyone know of a simple guide for adding local IPTV to TVheadend 4.0.4?

I have a Vbox Gateway local IPTV box but struggling to add it and get anything working via TVheadend.

Thanks
Nevermind. Way too much effort trying to work it out. Having upgraded to the V15 beta I can use the Vbox app.
If you really want to use your VBox as input to tvheadend you can use https://github.com/Jalle19/tvheadend-hel...mporter.md.
Hi Negge,

Thanks, I tried that but to be honest when fumbling through it a number of failures occurred and errors on trying to install various bits to the point it didn't work. TVheadend seems quite complex to set up for IPTV, so think I'll give the Vbox app a go. Only thing really not working is the TV guide data. Can't pull more than on now, and some channels entirely missed. Going to try to set up an XMLTV grabber on VM ubuntu on my Qnap and see if that sorts it, but have logged it with Vbox support. Really poor epg though, even though all channels have good signal, just very poor data.
@t2ffn

I will try to write a full step-by-step guide later, but in short if you want to add the EPG data from VBox to Tvheadend then you should:
1. Enable the XMLTV/xmltv.sock feature in Tvheadend.
2. Install socat on your Tvheadend server (it's available as OpenELEC addon).
3. Create a script to download the XMLTV data (we need to use curl as wget won't work), just download mine and change the IP, don't forget to set execute permission.
4. Add the script to crontab.
5. Run the script manually once and then look at the channels tab in Tvheadend web admin interface and map each channel to the right EPG entry.
6. Run the script manually again and you'll have the EPG data in Tvheadend, from now on cron will make sure you'll get EPG updates.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Local IPTV in TVheadend0