WIP Kodi Isengard compiling guide  iOS 8.3 - iPhone - iPad's - no Jailbreak needed!
(2015-06-15, 18:18)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2015-06-15, 17:04)wax000 Wrote: we did that, but even so we have the folder called Kodi, when you open the project and try to compile it, it gives us a lot of errors about missing libs that need to be manually found and added, since you have done that and the project is working for you, and you have fixed already these issues, we just wanted to use the same folder you have used, thanks!!
Nope did not do that at all. No extras added.

All the Libs and dependencies and add-ons are compiled by following the instructions in the Readme.iOS and Post #1.
No extras were downloaded at all, it all comes from the Kodi GitHub project that is cloned into the Kodi directory.

I cannot help with compilation errors. This guide only works for Kodi Isengard compiling. Kodi Helix does not work.
I have changed the Instructions to be very specific now as it only works on a Mac running OS X v10.10 (Yosemite).

Only suggestion is to delete the Kodi directory and carefully and slowly go throught the Readme.iOS and Xcode guide again and start again.
They are the exact steps I used.

@Hanfrey, No idea. I'm no compilation error guru. You are on you own from this point I'm afraid.
Could you please zip your Kodi Folder and upload it? I know we can do that with the git clone, and compile it by ourself, but sometimes this is not working.
AFAIK you can't do that, it has be compiled and signed on the local machine (Its not like installing an .ipa file).
(2015-06-15, 18:44)D-an-W Wrote: AFAIK you can't do that, it has be compiled and signed on the local machine (Its not like installing an .ipa file).

Since we have the same os and architecture, i think this should work. die compile process is making the .c files to an .o file (short version). there is no signing. This will come in xcode.
Compiling this is not easy. After trying numerous times, I finally got it to successfully compile and run on my iPhone 6 on IOS 8.3. Then on my iPad mini on IOS 9. Then I tried on my wife's iPad(4) on IOS 8.3 and it complained. Basically, this iPad was not added to my device list, but Xcode offered to fix it for me. I said yes, and now when I log into member center, I see it listed there, but when it installed on the iPad, it failed with errors related to "dyld: Library not loaded". I didn't look too closely at exactly what the errors were.

So, I was finally successful at installing Kodi on two devices without changing anything at all in Xcode, or even restarting Xcode, and it failed on a third device.

By way, don't install on IOS 9. The top line of the keyboard shows up at the bottom of the screen basically everywhere in the interface.

Anyhow, I rebooted my wife's iPad, and restarted Xcode and tried again... And it loaded but crashed again with this error:

dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib.0

Referenced from: /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/27652F31-A3CC-410E-8BEE-239C9B629D61/Kodi.app/Kodi

Reason: no suitable image found. Did find:

/private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/27652F31-A3CC-410E-8BEE-239C9B629D61/Kodi.app/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib.0: mmap() error 1 at address=0x046FE000, size=0x003BF000 segment=__TEXT in Segment::map() mapping /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/27652F31-A3CC-410E-8BEE-239C9B629D61/Kodi.app/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib.0

/private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/27652F31-A3CC-410E-8BEE-239C9B629D61/Kodi.app/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib.0: mmap() error 1 at address=0x04C64000, size=0x003BF000 segment=__TEXT in Segment::map() mapping /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/27652F31-A3CC-410E-8BEE-239C9B629D61/Kodi.app/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib.0

Since I had trouble with IOS 9 on my iPad mini, I restored it to 8.3 and tried again to install Kodi. Same thing. It installs, starts running, then crashes with this stupid error message.

I get the distinct feeling that if I were to delete it from my iPhone 6 and reinstall, it wouldn't work again.

This is so infuriating.
Well, several things are not working for me, first the Make clean command in step 4. comes back with an error msg, also the make xcode_depends, see below:

Roberts-iMac:~ robertmatrai$ cd $HOME/Kodi
Roberts-iMac:Kodi robertmatrai$ make clean
make: *** No rule to make target `clean'. Stop.
Roberts-iMac:Kodi robertmatrai$ make xcode_depends
make: *** No rule to make target `xcode_depends'. Stop.
Roberts-iMac:Kodi robertmatrai$

and then in Xcode 7, in the identity field it says choose a plist file, but you can actually select anything because the plist file named plist.in, once I remove the in extension,i opens it, but I get this error msg:
An App ID with Identifier 'org.xbmc' is not available. Please enter a different string.

Any clue what i'm doing wrong, followed the guide down to the letter?
I have to use org.kodi there, could never get org.xbmc to work. I edited the Product Bundle Identifier to org.kodi (in the Packaging Section).
(2015-06-16, 05:55)ptaylor Wrote: This is so infuriating.
Welcome to Isengard Beta compiling and testing on a beta version of Xcode7 Wink

This may or may not be relevant.
I have a Guest User account on my Mac for Guest Logins (OSX Sys Prefs > Users & Groups)

When I use OSX finder to navigate to Machintosh HD/Users I find 3 directories:
-Shared
-WRXTASY

Now when compiling the xbmc-depends are stored in:
Machintosh HD/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends

check if the Shared directory is actually present on various systems if you are having issues.

Other suggestions are running Disk Utility and running a Repair Disk Permissions on the "Machintosh HD"

(2015-06-16, 07:06)D-an-W Wrote: I have to use org.kodi there, could never get org.xbmc to work. I edited the Product Bundle Identifier to org.kodi (in the Packaging Section).

Yes, tried that, now I have 20 errors

[codeclass CSingleLock : public XbmcThreads::UniqueLock<CCriticalSection>
{
public:
inline CSingleLock(CCriticalSection& cs) : XbmcThreads::UniqueLock<CCriticalSection>(cs) {}
inline CSingleLock(const CCriticalSection& cs) : XbmcThreads::UniqueLock<CCriticalSection> ((CCriticalSection&)cs) {}

inline void Leave() { unlock(); }
inline void Enter() { lock(); }
protected:
inline CSingleLock(CCriticalSection& cs, bool dicrim) : XbmcThreads::UniqueLock<CCriticalSection>(cs,true) {}
};

/**
* This implements a "guard" pattern for a CCriticalSection that
* works like a CSingleLock but only "try"s the lock and so
* it's possible it doesn't actually get it..
*/
class CSingleTryLock : public CSingleLock
{
public:
inline CSingleTryLock(CCriticalSection& cs) : CSingleLock(cs,true) {}

inline bool IsOwner() const { return owns_lock(); }
[/code]
(2015-06-16, 07:16)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2015-06-16, 05:55)ptaylor Wrote: This is so infuriating.
Welcome to Isengard Beta compiling and testing on a beta version of Xcode7 Wink

This may or may not be relevant.
I have a Guest User account on my Mac for Guest Logins (OSX Sys Prefs > Users & Groups)

When I use OSX finder to navigate to Machintosh HD/Users I find 3 directories:
-Shared
-WRXTASY

Now when compiling the xbmc-depends are stored in:
Machintosh HD/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends

check if the Shared directory is actually present on various systems if you are having issues.

Other suggestions are running Disk Utility and running a Repair Disk Permissions on the "Machintosh HD"

Yes you are right, they are in the shared folder, so what would be the proper command?
Same command as in the Readme.

Only other suggestion would be to close Xcode, open iTunes and see if there is some sort of iOS device registration Menu in there.
I would not even know where to look these days iTunes has changed so much.

(2015-06-16, 07:16)wrxtasy Wrote: Welcome to Isengard Beta compiling and testing on a beta version of Xcode7 Wink

I was planning to update my post last night, but must have forgotten since it was so late. Anyhow, I figured out my issue. When Xcode told me about my wife's iPad not being registered and offered to fix it for me, it appears that Xcode also helpfully decided to change a few build settings for me. When I examined the settings, I found the "Base SDK" version to iOS 8.3 (not found), so I set that back to Latest. Oh, and also all my code signing settings were back to default! DOH! Once I fixed those, it worked fine

So, it looks like if you are getting those "dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib.0" type errors, it is most likely related to signing.
" Building C object
CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec712283885.dir/testCCompiler.c.o

/usr/bin/clang -fheinous-gnu-extensions -no-cpp-precomp -mcpu=cortex-a8
-mfpu=neon -ftree-vectorize -mfloat-abi=softfp -pipe -Wno-trigraphs
-fpascal-strings -O3 -Wreturn-type -Wunused-variable -fmessage-length=0
-gdwarf-2 -arch armv7 -miphoneos-version-min=5.1 -isysroot -o
CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec712283885.dir/testCCompiler.c.o -c
/Users/chrisjohnson83/Kodi/tools/depends/target/binary-addons/iphoneos8.3_armv7-target/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/testCCompiler.c

clang: error: no such file or directory:
'CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec712283885.dir/testCCompiler.c.o'

clang: warning: no such sysroot directory: '-o'

make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec712283885.dir/testCCompiler.c.o]
Error 1

make[1]: *** [cmTryCompileExec712283885/fast] Error 2

CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:1 (project)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/Users/chrisjohnson83/Kodi/tools/depends/target/binary-addons/iphoneos8.3_armv7-target/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/Users/chrisjohnson83/Kodi/tools/depends/target/binary-addons/iphoneos8.3_armv7-target/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `supported_addons'. Stop.
touch .installed-iphoneos8.3_armv7-target
CJK1983:depends chrisjohnson83$ "

where am i going wrong?
I have tried over and over and keep running into same error
Forum etiquette (manners)...
Please EDIT and enclose the above text with
PHP Code:
[code]   Error Text Here    [/code

Hi wrxtasy,

Do we still need to have developer account for provisioning profiles?

Thanks!
No not for Xcode 7 beta onwards, Apple ID only...
Quote: Xcode > Preferences > Accounts > Sign in with Apple ID > close window

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Isengard compiling guide  iOS 8.3 - iPhone - iPad's - no Jailbreak needed!0