Kodi sometimes freezes on starting a video playback
since a few days I'm having the some weird issue with OpenELEC (version 5.0.8).
Sometimes, when I start playing a video the CPU usage of my OpenELEC box get's really high and the video freezes.
i also notice using a app on my phone (performance Monitor) that keeps a eye on usage of my HTPC
that the memory drops from 3 GB free Ram to 189 MB and the CPU usage goes to 100% and the load average goes as high as 6.xx
only what solves the issue is a full hard reboot.
this happend to me streaming from my Server and also just recently when watching a trailer with the trailer add-on

http://sprunge.us/EVhK

i also posted this in the openelec forum,
but i'm not sure if this is a openelec issue.
perhaps it's a updated add-on with a memory leak
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
First thing to do would be to test a "clean" system without extra add-ons - rename .kodi to .kodi.bak - and see if you can reproduce the problem. If you can't reproduce with the clean system, try adding back your add-ons until you can, as this might help identify the add-on causing the problem.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I'll give it tomorrow a try,
Problem is that it doesn't happen all the time.

And I didn't do any changes to my setup or installed any new add-ons.
On the OpenElec there was also another guy with the same issue what just started a few days ago.
He installed the latest beta and the issue was gone.
But he will give it some more tests first.
If I'm behind my laptop I'll link that link to here.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi sometimes freezes on starting a video playback0