Welcome MIMIC - Best Skin - Theme question
ok, we're almost in real time here, this is awesome. bear with me Wink how do I do that? I'll try while you take a deep breath and consider whether to forge on or if I'm a lost cause Wink
(2015-06-22, 20:25)braz Wrote: Oh yeah github links to their page, not directly to the file. Just create a new file and copy/paste the contents of that link into it.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'contents of that link'...
Try this...

Go to your skin's colors folder. Make a copy of one of the existing files. Rename it Blue2 or whatever. Copy the code from the link and paste it into the new file, overwriting it's previous contents. Restart Kodi and the new theme will be available. If this doesn't work for you, might be best to just wait until you upgrade to Isengard. There have been many improvements, see 2.x thread for details.
(2015-06-22, 20:35)braz Wrote: Try this...

Go to your skin's colors folder. Make a copy of one of the existing files. Rename it Blue2 or whatever. Copy the code from the link and paste it into the new file, overwriting it's previous contents. Restart Kodi and the new theme will be available. If this doesn't work for you, might be best to just wait until you upgrade to Isengard. There have been many improvements, see 2.x thread for details.

I'm so close.....I can copy one of the files and rename it. So far so good. When you say copy the code from the link, am I just highlighting and copying this....?/Users/scottwallace/Desktop/Screen Shot 2015-06-22 at 11.41.48 AM.png

If I click on one of the existing colors, I get this.../Users/scottwallace/Desktop/Screen Shot 2015-06-22 at 11.44.31 AM.png
which is just a web link to the xml file and not something I can paste.

I think we're close. If you can get me through this, you can do anything Bryan!!!
If you open up the file and open the link, it should be apparent what needs to be copied. Here it is...

Code:
<colors>    <color name="white">FFe5e5e5</color>    <color name="white2">d0FFFFFF</color>    <color name="grey">AAFFFFFF</color>    <color name="grey2">FF606060</color>    <color name="black">FF000000</color>    <color name="selected">FF5886a0</color>    <color name="invalid">FFff6666</color>    <color name="themecolor">FF689cc1</color>    <color name="dialogheader">AAFFFFFF</color>    <color name="labelheader">FF5886a0</color>    <color name="shadow">AA000000</color>    <color name="listselect">FF3d8dcb</color>    <color name="topbar">884e95d7</color>    <color name="background">FF127dcf</color>    <color name="context">FF3d8dcb</color></colors>
(2015-06-22, 20:48)braz Wrote: If you open up the file and open the link, it should be apparent what needs to be copied. Here it is...

Code:
<colors>    <color name="white">FFe5e5e5</color>    <color name="white2">d0FFFFFF</color>    <color name="grey">AAFFFFFF</color>    <color name="grey2">FF606060</color>    <color name="black">FF000000</color>    <color name="selected">FF5886a0</color>    <color name="invalid">FFff6666</color>    <color name="themecolor">FF689cc1</color>    <color name="dialogheader">AAFFFFFF</color>    <color name="labelheader">FF5886a0</color>    <color name="shadow">AA000000</color>    <color name="listselect">FF3d8dcb</color>    <color name="topbar">884e95d7</color>    <color name="background">FF127dcf</color>    <color name="context">FF3d8dcb</color></colors>
Yup, got that. I just can't seem to paste this into the XML that I've relabelled as 'Blue2'. This happens....
/Users/scottwallace/Desktop/Screen Shot 2015-06-22 at 11.52.13 AM.png
Can't see any of your screenshots, you're just posting your local path to them. Smile
(2015-06-22, 20:54)braz Wrote: Can't see any of your screenshots, you're just posting your local path to them. Smile

I might be a lost cause. Any idea when the long road to Isengard will be out of betaHuh
No idea... I wouldn't be afraid of making the switch now though, it's been very stable in my experience. And from what I understand, there have been a lot of improvements for Android devices (I'm using Windows).
(2015-06-22, 20:25)braz Wrote: Oh yeah github links to their page, not directly to the file. Just create a new file and copy/paste the contents of that link into it.

Hi Bryan. I've updated to Isengard Beta 2 and all is well. I believe I've still missed out on that dark blue theme though as the color picker has a medium blue and then one that veers more towards purple. But I love the skin and options and appreciate all your work.
And yes, I know it's weird that I'm obsessing over a shade of blue this much Wink
I am long time user of Kodi and before XBMC and do not post much, but I would like to say thanks to the devs and beta testers for this great skin,

I continue to get my socks knocked off the more I delve into it.. Thanks
(2015-06-26, 19:14)joncl Wrote: I am long time user of Kodi and before XBMC and do not post much, but I would like to say thanks to the devs and beta testers for this great skin,

Thanks, glad you like it! A big update is coming...updating all of the panel type views.
(2015-06-26, 21:49)braz Wrote:
(2015-06-26, 19:14)joncl Wrote: I am long time user of Kodi and before XBMC and do not post much, but I would like to say thanks to the devs and beta testers for this great skin,

Thanks, glad you like it! A big update is coming...updating all of the panel type views.

You posted this awhile back now. Do you know how soon? Your updates always add awesome new stuff!!! Smile
It's been up on github for a while. Updated how the focused item looks/moves on all the panel views, etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Welcome MIMIC - Best Skin - Theme question0