• 3(current)
Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus
(2015-07-30, 23:58)frankpc Wrote:
(2015-07-30, 23:50)VictorG Wrote: well... today I installed Windows 10 and... the problem dissapeared, total smooth playback, both 2D and 3D

I guess not because of win 10 but because of fresh install of everything, cos this also worked in the past...

very unstable all overall..

I hate to hear it is unstable. What problems are you having?

This one, for example. 1 month ago 3d playback was smooth. Yesterday not anymore. Reason? No idea. Install new things, cross fingers. Now it works again. In one month it will not. It has been this way (for any kodi feature, mainly live tv, movies, etc) since always.

So thats the true definition of instability.

I guess the only solution would be to seal the system and avoid any kind of sw update or change at all. O.s., kodi, addons and addons of addons. And im not even sure about that.
(2015-07-31, 03:12)VictorG Wrote: This one, for example. 1 month ago 3d playback was smooth. Yesterday not anymore. Reason? No idea. Install new things, cross fingers. Now it works again. In one month it will not. It has been this way (for any kodi feature, mainly live tv, movies, etc) since always.

So thats the true definition of instability.

I guess the only solution would be to seal the system and avoid any kind of sw update or change at all. O.s., kodi, addons and addons of addons. And im not even sure about that.

I understand. I have to say, Kodi has worked well for me. I had been using windows 7 for years. Because of this thread, I've switched to windows 8.1. It has been working well so far.
The Kodi wiki for 3d shows the following steps for 3d playback. This guide is directly counter to it. I am confused and cant get 3D mkvs to play.

3 Platform specific info

3.1 General
Hardware acceleration is not provided for full SBS or full TAB movies, meaning users will need playback hardware with adequate CPU power.
Kodi's "window mode" in Settings -> System -> Video output must use normal "Full screen" and not "Full screen window".
3.2 Windows
"3D Stereoscopic Support" in the video driver settings must be turned off.
3.3 ARM (Android, iOS, Raspberry Pi)
3D modes anaglyph and interlaced are not currently supported on ARM platforms (such as Android, iOS, Raspberry Pi, or other linux-based ARM distros) due to those platforms using OpenGLES rather than OpenGL or DirectX.
4 Other guides
The Kodi 3D wiki is not very detailed. That's why I wrote this guide. Not sure what you mean about "directly counter"? This guide is for Windows 8.1 and some of it is relevant for other versions. You need to provide details of your problem if myself or anyone else is going to help you.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
*EDIT* THIS PHENOMENON IS RESOLVED.
If anyone else has this experience, ask and I will provide solution.

I have clean installed Windows 10, Kodi 15.1. TotalMedia Theatre rapid flashes and is no longer useable since upgrading so I'm trying to use PowerDVD 15. That could be an Nvidia driver issue which may be fixed or just isn't compatible with W10 and never will be so goodbye TMT, hello PDVD. I would like to upgrade the guide for W10 + PDVD but I've run into one problem I can't seem to resolve and thought maybe someone could confirm, deny, or provide a solution. Everything else is working perfectly for Nvidia except this. Not sure about Intel or AMD yet. I've posted the following at the Nvidia driver forum but it has fallen on deaf ears so far. Posts get buried very quickly there.

How to recreate problem:
(Uncheck) Enable stereoscopic 3D in control panel and reboot.
Create .bat file "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /enable
Run .bat file. 3D display flickers and Enable stereoscopic shows checked in control panel. Everything appears to be in 3D mode.
Play a 3D title using PowerDVD 15. It will not render 3D. You might think it is but, if it isn't displaying slight overlapping images with your glasses off, then it's actually doing some realtime on the fly conversion that looks terrible. You can see it best in text fwiw. If you don't see overlapping, it isn't in true 3D.

Everything indicates that it should render 3D as it always did before upgrading and PowerDVD or W10 would be the most likely culprits, but they aren't and here is why:

Rather than enabling stereoscopic via the .bat, simply enable it in the control panel.
Play a 3D title with PowerDVD 15 and it renders in 3D flawless. I know, the .bat should have done the same thing but it doesn't anymore.

You would think there is no difference using the .bat vs. manually ticking the setting in the control panel but obviously there is now that I've upgraded O/S and drivers. What that difference is... brings me here asking and/or informing.

*Note* The same .bat I've used in W7, W8, and now W10 enables nvstlink, starts PowerDVD, and disables nvstlink when playback is finished.

THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART:
Once stereoscopic has been initially manually enabled in the control panel, the .bat will work perfectly every instance of disable/enable/disable/enable etc and PowerDVD plays in 3D. Once the PC is rebooted, the problem starts all over again. My system is fully automated and I want to skip the step of manually enabling and have the .bat do it for me as it always did.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Hi, there! First of all, thanx a lot for the tutorial.

I use a Zotac ID68 (Intel Chipset), Win10, KODI Isengard (15) and PowerDVD15 as external player. Followed your instructions and almost got everything working OK. If you you could, please, help me, I'd appreciate.

Here goes the issues:

- 2D: the .BAT calls PowerDVD, but the ISOs are not mounted over VCD. So, PowerDVD is shown, but nothing occurs. Tried to check the .BAT, but everything seems OK, since the lines for mounting the virtual drive is the same as 3D.BAT.

- 3D: everything works fine. PowerDVD is open and runs the 3D material without any issue. But, everytime I go back to KODI and try to run a file (any) with the internal player, screen goes black and there is no output signal (my TV says "no signal").

I want to help you as much as I can to solve the problems.

Thanx, once again.
In theory, changing:
timeout /t 3
to
timeout /t 6 (more or less)
in the PlayISO2D.bat

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
timeout /t 3 (this line of code)

That should increase the time between mounting and opening PDVD, assuming we need to wait longer for your HDD to spin up, find the iso, and let VCD mount it. PDVD has a habit of trying to take over and associate itself with just about everything including mounting. Problem is, the wait time is longer in the 2D bat than the 3D bat already and if the 3D bat mounts it doesn't make much sense to increase it more but it's worth a try.

You can window mode Kodi, make it a small window and do the same with PDVD. Open up Windows Explorer and do the same. Then play your 2D title from Kodi. Watch your Windows Explorer window and see if VCD mounts BEFORE PDVD opens. That will confirm if VCD is mounting and the problem is within PDVD or elsewhere. PDVD may not be opening the mount but it should show if the drive is mounted or not on it's opening window. Usually it will complain there is no disc in the drive if nothing got mounted. Be sure VCD is doing the mounting using the drive letter you assigned it and not PDVD using a random drive letter it assigns. I'd bet it is mounting and PDVD is having some sort of problem to be honest with you, but try and confirm these things.

As far as no signal on your panel after exiting PDVD and starting title playback using KODI internal player, I have no answer. Sounds like an HDMI handshake issue but no idea why the scenario would cause it? You could try the pin 19 Band-Aid, GPU driver issue, AVR issue, don't know? Make 100% sure that PDVD is closed before playing a Kodi internal player. You shouldn't even see Kodi if PDVD has not closed if you followed my code exactly. I have neither of the issues you have reported but I use Nvidia and the only issue I have is the post of mine above yours. That is proving to be challenging as it never existed until upgrading which puts the remedy out of reach at the moment unless others pipe in. Let me know how things go for you.

Just checked everything here. ISOs are being mounted OK on VCD and play nice on PowerDVD, 3D or 2D.

The problem is with Blurays and DVDs open folders. KODI calls PowerDVD, it opens but nothing happens.
By "open folders" do you mean your rip is not in a container like an iso?
Let's call it file structure. bdmv, certificate, etc.
Files from the disc are copied into a folder and that folder is the name of the disc.

This is one of the many reasons I preferred TMT to PDVD.
TMT played file structure perfectly. PDVD does not, at least PDVD 15.
PDVD also rejects many titles TMT did not such as 127 Hours. Instead it displays an error 'This type of disc is not supported' and it's an iso.
However, if you select the tiny browse folder button on the player control bar, it will probably be defaulted to what you are trying to play.
So, if you just select 'OK', magically PDVD all of a sudden supports the disc it just complained that it didn't.
Same holds true for file structure. Browse to the title folder and select it. You'll see that it plays.
I understand we want this all automated though. Perhaps in time I'll figure it out or someone will see this and provide a solution.

The code is starting PDVD based on what it is calling. It's PDVD's job to handle it from there. PDVD is ignoring the bdmv call because file structure bdmv is not mounting. It's not in a container. I assume PDVD 15 is hell bent on mounting before it understands it's time to play a file. For that it's demanding we navigate and show it what to play via it's gui. It's also very slow. Someone else has code for PDVD but it has it's problems. Mainly, it works great for 3D but when you play 2D, everything goes into 3D mode regardless since it relies on stereoscopic to ALWAYS be enabled. 2D playback is out of the question that route, at least for Nvidia. Maybe I can mod something there? Perhaps with additional payments to Nvidia to activate 3DTV PLAY, it wouldn't be an issue. The method here does not require that.
Note, I have no folders shared by PDVD, no folders of any music, movies, pics for it to scan in. It is vanilla. I doubt this has anything to do with it though. Give me some time and maybe I can work something out unless you or someone else does 1st. I did manage to work out the phenomenon a few posts above this. Phew......

I have updated the code for PowerDVD 15 and Windows 10. It is backwards compatible.
Iso's will not open in PDVD using Cinema Mode.
However, Cinema Mode will give access to folder structure rips.
So, part of the code will continue to open iso's and part of the code will open folder structure now and it's automated.

There are 2 quirks:

(1) When a folder structure rip is selected in Kodi, it will not open directly in PDVD but you have the ability to scroll to your title once PDVD opens and it is remote control friendly.

(2) You will have to scan your folder structured rips into PDVD using the 'Movies' section. If your iso's are mixed with folder rips, I suggest you isolate them. PDVD only needs the folder rips scanned in and this will make title scrolling slimmer.

You may have to open and close PDVD once after setting this up should your titles not show at 1st.

Feedback is welcome.

Hey All

I must not have set this up properly..

Kodi 15.1, PowerDVD 15 etc

BluRay isn't autodetected and call PowerDVD - is it supposed to?

I can go through Video>File>BluRay find a file and play it and PowerDVD launches, runs well and when I kill PowerDVD it returns to Kodi

So seems I'm half way there but I was hoping to have DVD and BluRay autolaunch PowerDVD or at least let me select the disc rather than having to go find the playable files

Darren
Apparently you must not have set up correctly.

BluRay isn't autodetected and call PowerDVD - is it supposed to?
If your rip contains bdmv folder as all Blu-rays do, PDVD will launch to render it. It can be in a container such as an iso or in no container at all and ripped as file structure. If you are simply adding BluRay to your file name of an mkv or similar, and expecting PDVD to start, this code is not designed to play these stripped versions of full Blu-rays. The internal Kodi player handles these types of files. You can however modify the code so PDVD renders these as well but I don't suggest it.

I can go through Video>File>BluRay find a file and play it and PowerDVD launches, runs well and when I kill PowerDVD it returns to Kodi
I don't know what this means? You will need to provide more exact details.

So seems I'm half way there but I was hoping to have DVD and BluRay autolaunch PowerDVD or at least let me select the disc rather than having to go find the playable files
You shouldn't have to find any playable files? You shouldn't have to dig into the folder structure of any title to render it on any player? I'm not sure what you're doing wrong? You need to provide more exact and precise details. Screenshots speak a thousand words too. What ever is wrong can be fixed.

Very cool guide, I almost have everything working with PowerDVD 15 Ultra on my HTPC as I like but...

I know it's a little detail , does anyone know a way to go directly to the Movie/menu from Kodi and dont have the PowerDVD 15 homepage player see first
or it's impossible...?maybe add some delay into the .bat file to skip? I wish we can have a seamless solution to load this external player from kodi without see the windows desktop,anydvd popup windows and powerdvd home page wile loading the movie Smile
thanks
I doubt PDVD splash screen can be eliminated.
You can eliminate the windows desktop though.

Change
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
to
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>

You will see anydvd land on top of Kodi though but it will move under it to the desktop after a couple seconds.

You can also change
timeout /t 3
to
timeout /t 1
or tailor for the amount of seconds it takes your system to respond for the individual programs to load.

Glad you like the guide. Please rate the thread as you see fit.

(2015-08-27, 00:10)brazen1 Wrote: *EDIT* THIS PHENOMENON IS RESOLVED.
If anyone else has this experience, ask and I will provide solution.

I have clean installed Windows 10, Kodi 15.1. TotalMedia Theatre rapid flashes and is no longer useable since upgrading so I'm trying to use PowerDVD 15. That could be an Nvidia driver issue which may be fixed or just isn't compatible with W10 and never will be so goodbye TMT, hello PDVD. I would like to upgrade the guide for W10 + PDVD but I've run into one problem I can't seem to resolve and thought maybe someone could confirm, deny, or provide a solution. Everything else is working perfectly for Nvidia except this. Not sure about Intel or AMD yet. I've posted the following at the Nvidia driver forum but it has fallen on deaf ears so far. Posts get buried very quickly there.

How to recreate problem:
(Uncheck) Enable stereoscopic 3D in control panel and reboot.
Create .bat file "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /enable
Run .bat file. 3D display flickers and Enable stereoscopic shows checked in control panel. Everything appears to be in 3D mode.
Play a 3D title using PowerDVD 15. It will not render 3D. You might think it is but, if it isn't displaying slight overlapping images with your glasses off, then it's actually doing some realtime on the fly conversion that looks terrible. You can see it best in text fwiw. If you don't see overlapping, it isn't in true 3D.

Everything indicates that it should render 3D as it always did before upgrading and PowerDVD or W10 would be the most likely culprits, but they aren't and here is why:

Rather than enabling stereoscopic via the .bat, simply enable it in the control panel.
Play a 3D title with PowerDVD 15 and it renders in 3D flawless. I know, the .bat should have done the same thing but it doesn't anymore.

You would think there is no difference using the .bat vs. manually ticking the setting in the control panel but obviously there is now that I've upgraded O/S and drivers. What that difference is... brings me here asking and/or informing.

*Note* The same .bat I've used in W7, W8, and now W10 enables nvstlink, starts PowerDVD, and disables nvstlink when playback is finished.

THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART:
Once stereoscopic has been initially manually enabled in the control panel, the .bat will work perfectly every instance of disable/enable/disable/enable etc and PowerDVD plays in 3D. Once the PC is rebooted, the problem starts all over again. My system is fully automated and I want to skip the step of manually enabling and have the .bat do it for me as it always did.

Hi brazen1,

I have exactly the same issue since upgrading to win 10. Could you please let me know your solution#?

Cheers,
hanserson1
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus39