Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus
(2015-08-27, 00:10)brazen1 Wrote: *EDIT* THIS PHENOMENON IS RESOLVED.
If anyone else has this experience, ask and I will provide solution.

I have clean installed Windows 10, Kodi 15.1. TotalMedia Theatre rapid flashes and is no longer useable since upgrading so I'm trying to use PowerDVD 15. That could be an Nvidia driver issue which may be fixed or just isn't compatible with W10 and never will be so goodbye TMT, hello PDVD. I would like to upgrade the guide for W10 + PDVD but I've run into one problem I can't seem to resolve and thought maybe someone could confirm, deny, or provide a solution. Everything else is working perfectly for Nvidia except this. Not sure about Intel or AMD yet. I've posted the following at the Nvidia driver forum but it has fallen on deaf ears so far. Posts get buried very quickly there.

How to recreate problem:
(Uncheck) Enable stereoscopic 3D in control panel and reboot.
Create .bat file "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /enable
Run .bat file. 3D display flickers and Enable stereoscopic shows checked in control panel. Everything appears to be in 3D mode.
Play a 3D title using PowerDVD 15. It will not render 3D. You might think it is but, if it isn't displaying slight overlapping images with your glasses off, then it's actually doing some realtime on the fly conversion that looks terrible. You can see it best in text fwiw. If you don't see overlapping, it isn't in true 3D.

Everything indicates that it should render 3D as it always did before upgrading and PowerDVD or W10 would be the most likely culprits, but they aren't and here is why:

Rather than enabling stereoscopic via the .bat, simply enable it in the control panel.
Play a 3D title with PowerDVD 15 and it renders in 3D flawless. I know, the .bat should have done the same thing but it doesn't anymore.

You would think there is no difference using the .bat vs. manually ticking the setting in the control panel but obviously there is now that I've upgraded O/S and drivers. What that difference is... brings me here asking and/or informing.

*Note* The same .bat I've used in W7, W8, and now W10 enables nvstlink, starts PowerDVD, and disables nvstlink when playback is finished.

THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART:
Once stereoscopic has been initially manually enabled in the control panel, the .bat will work perfectly every instance of disable/enable/disable/enable etc and PowerDVD plays in 3D. Once the PC is rebooted, the problem starts all over again. My system is fully automated and I want to skip the step of manually enabling and have the .bat do it for me as it always did.

Hi brazen1,

I have exactly the same issue since upgrading to win 10. Could you please let me know your solution#?

Cheers,
hanserson1

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-15, 22:20
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-15, 22:29
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-22, 00:38
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-23, 17:15
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-24, 02:23
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-24, 17:22
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-25, 09:26
RE: HOW TO - Kodi 2D & 3D Guide Internal & External Players - by hanserson1 - 2015-09-19, 13:01
HELP! - by brazen1 - 2018-08-22, 18:50
RE: HELP! - by zxaura1 - 2018-08-24, 09:32
Problem with DXVA scaling videos - by obstler - 2018-10-27, 10:13
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus39