Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players
Sharpness in your panel. I turn sharpness to 100% on my Samsung. Imo, you don't want to tweak anything in your GPU or player that you can tweak in your panel. This includes KODI. I use no tweaks in KODI or my GPU and do all the adjusting in my panel.

I too used to think some titles looked kind of washed out or blurry etc. Then I discovered a couple things. Each source input (HDMI inputs on panels) have independent settings on them. They have to be adjusted depending on the source feeding them. HDMI 2 is from my cable box. If I turn up the sharpness to 100% on that port, it is too sharp and looks terrible. I have to turn it down to 50%. One day I had a look at HDMI 1 settings from my PC. Tweaked it up to 100% to see if my movies would come in clearer and low and behold my jaw dropped to my knees. Thinking how this would affect the cable box I checked the settings for it's HDMI port and learned it's settings had held and were independent and was very pleased. Just passing the info on to you for your blurry playback comment.

Your link is still broken but I'm going to take a couple guesses at what you are trying to convey. I assume the OSD problem is KODI and not PDVD. It sounds as if you are trying to play a 2D mkv and KODI is switching into SBS and/or TAB. You have something set incorrectly. Refer to the guide and double check settings especially,

Video/Playback:
Playback Mode of Stereoscopic 3D Videos 'Preferred Mode'.
Disable Stereoscopic 3D Mode When Playback Ended 'Enabled'.

System/Settings:
Video/Output:
Stereoscopic 3D Mode (Current) 'Disabled'.
Preferred Mode 'Same as Movie'.

The cleanest naming convention that works for me looks like this and is necessary for 3D automation to work properly:
Avatar (2009) .3D.SBS for side by side
Avatar (2009) .3D.TAB for top and bottom

"I'm not a fan of additional external software as PDVD due to all those loading / starting / closing procedures."
None of us are. Unfortunately, until if/ever FFMPEG gives the KODI devs something to implement, this is the only correct way.
Also, once it's setup, everything is automated. It's set and forget so loading, starting, closing, etc is irrelevant imo. There really are no cumbersome technical hands on requirements other than focusing on a title within KODI and pressing enter.

"My preference is to remain inside Kodi and to play a suitable MKV"
Once you setup correctly, this is exactly the behavior. Focus on your mkv title and press enter. Done. The KODI internal dvdplayer starts your title just as it should.

"Looking on the upper of your posted links probably I will change to Pi2."
Those links are discussions relating to the quality of 3D movies and have nothing to do with the Pi2?

The Pi market has gotten a lot of attention the past couple years. Like anything else it's a device for sale vying to replace the device you already have, your PC that does more than a Pi ever will and stronger than anything it attempts to mimic. It has it upsides. It has it's downsides too. I understand the excitement as it tries to evolve into the 3D world and I think it's great folks are fiddling with it trying to make it work in the home theatre market. Maybe you'll find it acceptable for your standards. Personally, I had high hopes but ended up giving mine away frustrated.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players
W10/1909 MPC-BE\HC PDVD19 DVDFab3&5 KODI 19 PotPlayer 960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop=60Hz/Video=Matched Refresh rates 8/12bit/65JS8500 UHD HDR 3D

Thread Rating:
  • 39 Vote(s) - 4.49 Average

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-15, 22:20
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-15, 22:29
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-22, 00:38
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-23, 17:15
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-24, 02:23
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-24, 17:22
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-25, 09:26
RE: HOW TO - Kodi 2D & 3D Guide Internal & External Players - by brazen1 - 2016-01-26, 18:30
HELP! - by brazen1 - 2018-08-22, 18:50
RE: HELP! - by zxaura1 - 2018-08-24, 09:32
Problem with DXVA scaling videos - by obstler - 2018-10-27, 10:13

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players4.4939