Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players
My last response came out rather harsh, due to my frustration with this setup and somewhat traveling in circles, but considering it was a response to someone who's going the extra mile to lend a helping hand with nothing in return, I must apologize.

I completely understand your point about tiny little changes in software & hardware throwing all of your specifications and mods and settings out the window! I've been there, done that, so yes, I agree with you.

I should have mentioned this during my previous rant about the 6 flawless years, but I did switch to Windows 10 last year sometime in August, which didn't create any problems at all with my existing setup w/ Intel HD3000 and the rest. For the 5 preceding years w/ Windows 7 then 8, and from Aug, 2015 through July, 2016, with Windows 10, everything worked flawlessly until my GTX 1080 arrived in July this year. Never had to worry about refresh rates, 2D/3D switching or stutter.

Either way, I understand your point and I have to work with the current setup and come to the best solution.

So, I did actually start from scratch all over again, and I have some results to share.

(2016-10-12, 20:43)brazen1 Wrote:
Quote:I'm not sure what you're using the Task Scheduler for because I didn't see any need for it.

Because after you reboot Windows, you will see it enables stereoscopic even though you turned it off prior to rebooting.
So, you have task scheduler turn it back off for you.
As I wrote, in your case you want stereoscopic off at all times otherwise 2D is going to play in 3D. This is why you need to manually enable stereoscopic just prior to playing a 3D title, either from the Kodi GUI or mapping your remote to toggle nvstlink.exe.

As strange or surprising this may sound, this is not the case on my system at all! Once I disable Stereoscopic 3D in the nVidia Control Panel, it doesn't turn back on upon reboot. I just tested this. I unchecked that box, hit apply, made sure it was off. Reboot my PC. Opened nVidia Control Panel, and the box was still unchecked. The 3D resolutions were not available. I'm not sure why the difference, but on my system the Stereoscopic 3D does not automatically re-enable upon reboot.

Which explains why I wasn't understanding the necessity for the Task Scheduler.

(2016-10-12, 20:43)brazen1 Wrote: Again, don't assume or cut corners or copy old files etc. Follow the instructions fresh exactly and let's see what you end up with.

Agreed! So here's where I am at now:

Just out of completeness, I started from scratch and followed all of the steps as detailed in your updated Post #112.

- Configured PowerDVD as defined in Post #112.
- Configured Kodi as defined in Post #2
- Configured nVidia Control Panel as defined in Post #112.
- After making all necessary adjustments in nVidia Control Panel, disabled Stereoscopic 3D and set resolution to 1080p, 60Hz
- Reboot PC & made sure Stereoscopic 3D was still disabled. It was.

- Using "playercorefactory.xml" from Post #112 as follows:
Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
   <player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
     <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD16\PowerDVD.exe</filename>
     <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
     <hidekodi>false</hidekodi>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
     <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
   </player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
   <rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls|m2ts" player="PowerDVD"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

And here's the result:

- Windows Desktop, Games, Kodi, everything runs beautifully at 1080p 60Hz
- All 2D Media in Kodi plays back beautifully at 1080p 24Hz. Kodi is successfully matching frame rate & changing it to 24Hz.
- All 2D ISO's in PowerDVD play back beautifully at 1080p 24Hz. PowerDVD is successfully matching frame rate & changing it to 24Hz.
- After playback stops, either in Kodi or PowerDVD, frame rate returns back to 60Hz unless media is played again.

All of the above works well.

- As before, 3D ISO's in PowerDVD do not switch display to 3D, and playback in 2D only.

For this, the two remote buttons I have can be used to enable & disable 3D 24Hz using the batch files I stated earlier. They are completely identical to what you posted here earlier. Essentially using /enable or /disable with "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe"

Although this is acceptable if it's the best I'll get, I'd still like to explore the option of enabling / disabling nvstlink.exe automatically via scripts as you provided in Post #1.

I know I can revert back to the other "Playercorefactory.xml" and use it in conjunction with "PlayISO.bat" like so:

Code:
:playiso
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /enable
timeout /t 3
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD15\PowerDVD.exe" A:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /disable
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
GOTO end

... but before I do that, I wanted to ask you, is there any way to execute nvstlink.exe /enable or /disable via "playcorefactory.xml" itself, without the need of PlayISO.bat?

Other then that, if you can suggest anything else, I'm all ears.

Thanks again for all your help!

Thread Rating:
  • 39 Vote(s) - 4.49 Average

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-15, 22:20
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-15, 22:29
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-22, 00:38
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-23, 17:15
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-24, 02:23
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-24, 17:22
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-25, 09:26
RE: HOW TO - Kodi 2D & 3D Guide Internal & External Players Incl afedchin build - by luci5r - 2016-10-12, 22:20
HELP! - by brazen1 - 2018-08-22, 18:50
RE: HELP! - by zxaura1 - 2018-08-24, 09:32
Problem with DXVA scaling videos - by obstler - 2018-10-27, 10:13

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players4.4939