• 13(current)
Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus
ALT + F4 using keyboard works fine its not about losing focus either. It is something to do with the remote mapping .
I will probably ask in Logitech forums further to get proper support from there.
If Anyone needs my playercorefactory to offload just the iso to PDVD whilst retaining everything with dvdplayer then please ask . or maybe I will just post it here anyways , might help someone.
Try alt+f4 by navigating to the 'PC device' itself installed on the remote instead of whatever key you assigned that command. Then you're running it from the soft key directly from the code list of that device. Know what I mean? I'm thinking about the off chance that code sequence is struggling through an IR or blaster or something.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
I am having an issue with PDVD 16 and 23.976 refresh rate. I do not have this issue when I am using TMT5 so I am sure it has to do with PDVD and the refresh rate switching.
The issue is that PDVD will cause the right eye to get black for a split second every so many minutes.

Anyone else have a fix to this issue?

I am using intel NUC V5 with the latest drivers.
I've never heard of this issue let alone a fix? You're the 1st. I've used PDVD 16 at 23.976 and never experienced anything like that. Using PDVD 17 now and it's working well too. Used TMT a long time ago as well. Sounds like a sync problem with your glasses or low charge or something. Odd it doesn't happen using TMT though? Can't imagine how PDVD would cause that for you and never heard a report from anyone else? Are you playing the same file testing both players? Do you have both players installed at the same time on the same media box? Have you checked the actual refresh rate DURING playback? Maybe it has something to do with your GPU drivers? Did you try rolling back? Possibly have another machine to test the software against your glasses? Have another pair of glasses to try? Wouldn't even know where else to start to try and help you but these might give you some ideas. Hope you get it figured out and if you do post back your solution.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
I am sure it is a refresh rate issue. When I look at the info from the Panasonic 3D Projector it shows as 24P.
It is only noticeable on 3D content being played using PDVD 16. I have tried 3D MVC and also 3D MKV and both of them are giving me the same issue. When they are being played using TMT5, there is no issue.
I have tried to reset all warnings in PDVD to see if the refresh rate dialog will come up but for some reason I can not get it to show up again.

To answer your questions:
I have both PDVD and TMT running on the computer.
I think the PDVD is causing some issues with TMT since I can not launch TMT using the command line.
I will try to reinstall W10 and Kodi and just PDVD and see if i get the same issue. I will do the same with reinstalling W10 with just TMT5 and see if I can launch it using a command line and if the issue is resolved.
The next step is to try ReClock and see if that will fix the issue with PDVD since I would like to use it over TMT since PDVD is still being supported.

Thank you for all your help and I will post my findings once I have a chance to get this all tested.
I not only check what the display is reporting it's being fed, I check the GPU control panel for what it's outputting during playback. Have a look. Maybe it will reveal something? Try 23Hz instead of 24Hz. To gain access to PDVD refresh rate matching go to General tab Reset "Never show again" dialogs. Perhaps try installing PDVD solo without TMT present. TMT is very, very old and perhaps causing a registry conflict as O/S's have passed it by. TMT does not work in W10 with 4k hardware for me. I would definitely start fresh as cleaning the registry entries would be unreliable. I would also try launching PDVD solo without Kodi. Right click the file and select play with PDVD. Remove as much from the equation as possible to find the culprit. ReClock doesn't allow to pass high bitrate audio you know and not sure how that would help? Refresh rate is directly linked to your GPU and your display capabilities. Not sure what any of it has to do with your right lens flashing black every few minutes? I guess your associating that with dropped or skipped frames because it happens every few minutes or so depending how out of sync your audio and video get thus refresh rate timing appears similar with glasses malfunctioning in intervals. It would be easy to agree PDVD must be flawed since TMT does not exhibit your problem but in this case I think there is some other culprit upstream causing it that is not mainstream for others. Could be as simple as a cable, not to insult your installation. Start with the basics and fresh install W10 and PDVD. Play the file directly. Bypass any AVR ect. Remove any cable adapters if present. If it works, start your additions and test in between until you find your answer. If it doesn't work right off the bat, I simply have no ideas? Others reported early on in the thread PDVD working with Intel GPU's. I use NVidia so can't reconfirm and I don't have an NUC but others might chime in if they too experienced your dilemma. I read NUC's can be problematic when it comes to 3D but nothing like a lens going dark intermittently resulting from player switching.

Brazen1,
Thank you for the response and my first step is to reinstall W10 and just load PDVD 16 and see if I get the same behavior as I am getting now. I did do the Reset "Never Show Again" dialog and I am still not able to get that warning again.
I believe when I checked the display adapter refresh rate, it did show 23.976 so I will look again once I reinstall W10 on the NUC.
If that will not work, I think I have a desktop computer laying around that I can install an NVIDIA GPU and see if that will fix the issue but I am hoping that it will not result into that since I have limited space in my equipment rack.

I will update once I have a few minutes to reload the system.
1) If I'm getting a Kaby Lake NUC would there be any need to install Nvidia drivers? I don't think there's an Nvidia anything in it.

2) PowerDVD now can mount ISO's. Should I still install Virtual CloneDrive? Does it work better for some reason?
NVidia drivers are for NVidia GPU's. NUC uses Intel GPU and their drivers. Intel (hard to believe) by design or by choice is not compatible with frame packed 3D MVC unless you are using 1080p HDMI 1.4 port connected to your AVR or display. If you are using modern 4k hardware and desire to enjoy the 4k resolution, you will need to output using HDMI 2.0 ports. So with an NUC, you will have to make a choice of 3D or 4k but not both. I suppose you could swap ports and change settings within Windows, Intel GPU settings and Kodi depending on which you are viewing at the time. Most opt to leave everything at 1080p but then you are hardly enjoying 4k upscale with 3D 1080p to 2160p or upscale of 2D either.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/112109

PowerDVD has internal mounted for the last couple of versions. It is VERY slow to mount. This has it's advantages. If you are drive letter starved, the virtual ROM only seizes a drive letter while PDVD is open and using it. Once PDVD is closed, the drive letter is completely released available for anything else to acquire it. Example: You have 10 local HDD's. You are using 10 drive letters. You start PDVD and it mounts an iso. It will auto choose the next available drive letter after the 10 already in use so you are presently using 11 drive letters. You quit PDVD, it unmounts and you are back to using 10 drive letters. You turn on your 16 external drives to back up a title or something. You are now using all 26 drive letters. If you attempt to use another drive letter by starting an iso mount with PDVD or something, nothing will happen. You are out of drive letters.

On the flip side, if you use VCD, it will always use a drive letter. It will always be in use. You will have one less drive letter to put to use elsewhere. Most importantly, if you mount an iso to VCD, it will never release the mount automatically or manually (right click eject does nothing). So you cannot work with the mounted file. It is permanently in use unless you reboot. You could however mount a different iso in it's place but then that one becomes locked in. Using VCD does have it's advantages though. It mounts very quick. It also allows one very fundamental advantage and VCD is required as part of the setup. To use another external .exe program as part of the launch like AnyDVD. This is why we need to use a .bat with the playercorefactory. One could auto start AnyDVD with Windows (eliminating the need to auto launch only when needed) and then only a simple playercorefactory is needed and not with the .bat file fwiw.

These are the scripts I am presently using for NVidia:

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
    <player name="PowerDVD17" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEGOESHERE\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\ISO.bat</filename>
      <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
      <hidekodi>false</hidekodi>
      <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
    </player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
    <rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls|m2ts" player="PowerDVD17"/>
    <rule filename=".*HDR10.*|.*HDR.*|.*hdr.*|.3D.*|.*.3D.iso|3D.*" player="PowerDVD17"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Code:
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:iso=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto next)

:next
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:mpls=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO plaympls) ELSE (goto playbdmv)

:playiso
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
timeout /t 2
"C:\Program Files (x86)\RedFox\AnyDVD\AnyDVD.exe"
timeout /t 10
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD17\PowerDVD.exe" A:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
GOTO end

:plaympls
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:~1,-25%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD17\PowerDVD.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

:playbdmv
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD17\PowerDVD.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

:end
exit

Thanks so much for that info !!!! BTW I said "NUC" but I'm realizing it's not a generic term. I've actually got a Beebox-S on the mail truck! It's got a 1.4 and a 2.0 on it. Probably by accident that it's a good feature. I hope they fix that HDMI issue soon because that's another HDMI cable snaking through my rack of equipment.
(2017-05-09, 17:23)brazen1 Wrote: NVidia drivers are for NVidia GPU's. NUC uses Intel GPU and their drivers. Intel (hard to believe) by design or by choice is not compatible with frame packed 3D MVC unless you are using 1080p HDMI 1.4 port connected to your AVR or display. If you are using modern 4k hardware and desire to enjoy the 4k resolution, you will need to output using HDMI 2.0 ports. So with an NUC, you will have to make a choice of 3D or 4k but not both. I suppose you could swap ports and change settings within Windows, Intel GPU settings and Kodi depending on which you are viewing at the time. Most opt to leave everything at 1080p but then you are hardly enjoying 4k upscale with 3D 1080p to 2160p or upscale of 2D either.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/112109

PowerDVD has internal mounted for the last couple of versions. It is VERY slow to mount. This has it's advantages. If you are drive letter starved, the virtual ROM only seizes a drive letter while PDVD is open and using it. Once PDVD is closed, the drive letter is completely released available for anything else to acquire it. Example: You have 10 local HDD's. You are using 10 drive letters. You start PDVD and it mounts an iso. It will auto choose the next available drive letter after the 10 already in use so you are presently using 11 drive letters. You quit PDVD, it unmounts and you are back to using 10 drive letters. You turn on your 16 external drives to back up a title or something. You are now using all 26 drive letters. If you attempt to use another drive letter by starting an iso mount with PDVD or something, nothing will happen. You are out of drive letters.

On the flip side, if you use VCD, it will always use a drive letter. It will always be in use. You will have one less drive letter to put to use elsewhere. Most importantly, if you mount an iso to VCD, it will never release the mount automatically or manually (right click eject does nothing). So you cannot work with the mounted file. It is permanently in use unless you reboot. You could however mount a different iso in it's place but then that one becomes locked in. Using VCD does have it's advantages though. It mounts very quick. It also allows one very fundamental advantage and VCD is required as part of the setup. To use another external .exe program as part of the launch like AnyDVD. This is why we need to use a .bat with the playercorefactory. One could auto start AnyDVD with Windows (eliminating the need to auto launch only when needed) and then only a simple playercorefactory is needed and not with the .bat file fwiw.

These are the scripts I am presently using for NVidia:

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
    <player name="PowerDVD17" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEGOESHERE\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\ISO.bat</filename>
      <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
      <hidekodi>false</hidekodi>
      <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
    </player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
    <rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls|m2ts" player="PowerDVD17"/>
    <rule filename=".*HDR10.*|.*HDR.*|.*hdr.*|.3D.*|.*.3D.iso|3D.*" player="PowerDVD17"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Code:
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:iso=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto next)

:next
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:mpls=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO plaympls) ELSE (goto playbdmv)

:playiso
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
timeout /t 2
"C:\Program Files (x86)\RedFox\AnyDVD\AnyDVD.exe"
timeout /t 10
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD17\PowerDVD.exe" A:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
GOTO end

:plaympls
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:~1,-25%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD17\PowerDVD.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

:playbdmv
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD17\PowerDVD.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

:end
exit

Using this I am not seeing PowerDVD17 in CONTEXT menu. I see the normal one:

Play main title: 801
Play main title: 850 etc etc
Select from all titles
Show Blu-ray menu

Also looks like ISO are mounting via VirtualCD but not auto playing in PowerDVD 17. I need to click play.
I press enter on an iso in focus within the Kodi library. I'm presented with a playlist menu and there is no need to select which one so I just press enter again. The sequence starts and everything loads and I watch the movie. I have selected 'show simplified menu' within Kodi to allow selection if playing an iso using the Kodi player and you will need to select the proper playlist or the movie may play out of sequence even though Kodi sometimes auto picks the correct one. However, the correct selection is guaranteed using AnyDVD and PDVD and even if you chose the wrong one, those two will override to the proper one. 'show simplified menu' is for the convenience of Kodi player should you manually intervene using it instead of the default PDVD.

You can select 'show Blu-ray menu' or 'Play main movie' if you wish to skip the playlist prompt but you will lose ability to select playlist Kodi defaults using which may or may not be correct.

To enter the context menu for a title in focus, press 'C'. You should have that mapped to your remote as menu fwiw. Then select 'Play using'. You will be presented with the default player in focus at the top for the particular type of title, PowerDVD for iso's and HDR or 'Video Player' (Kodi internal player) for everything else. This is where you manually can change what I've set up as default. If you want every iso to open with Video Player except 3D which you want to open with PDVD, then you'll have to adjust the code how you want it and it's simple. Then it will automate and default however you prefer it. The reason I default to all iso to open with PDVD is simply because PDVD is the only player that will show the full menus within an iso. Video Player does not so it makes no sense to use it for default. For those times I want to just skip everything and just play the main movie, I use the context menu and select Video Player. That's ((IF)) I know the correct playlist or obfuscation is not an issue. Otherwise you find out the hard way and wish you just used PDVD is the 1st place thus why it's good practice to use it default.

ISO's mount and PowerDVD 17 begins playback for me. I do not need to press play in PDVD to get it started. No idea why you do? I think I've allowed ample load time between software but your system may require longer. You might try increasing timeout /t to higher values in the code. This may also happen if you load and mount PDVD different than explained here.

brazen1,
I reloaded my NUC with a fresh install of W10 and PDVD16 and test the same 3D bluray. I also used a new set and 3D glasses that was fully charged and everything is back to normal. I did look at the refresh rate of windows and it was showing as 23P while the projector was showing it as 24P. Everytime I tried forcing the refresh rate to 24P and starting the movie, will change the refresh rate back to 23 on the computer.

I have installed Kodi and setup everything as it should and everything seems to be in a working order. It looks like installing TMT5 while PDVD16 was installed caused the issue.

I am still debating if I should build a small mATX machine with NVIDIA video card (GTX 1050) and bypass the whole Intel issue that I seems to have with the refresh rate.
If playback during long panning scenes is smooth without any jumping or skipping, I'd leave it like it is. A couple of good test scenes are the beginning of 'Cowboys vs. Aliens' and the opening credits of 'The Wrestler' if you have either. These are 2D movies though. Find a long panning scene in your 3D and see. If needed, to make the 24 vs 23 stick, start the movie, minimize the player, open your GPU settings, make the change, save it, and maximize the player. Next time you start the movie it might retain the setting. Glad you're getting it worked out. If you do switch to NVidia and utilize HDMI 2.0, you should be 4k upscale ready and 3D capable without flipping settings and connections all over the place when playing one or the other. Assuming your PJ is not 4k and your only display, this would be of no benefit to you though. Run what you brung' as they say......

I've come a long way but I'm still struggling with 3D. I have an LG OLED65E6P. 3D iso (using the batch files up in post 189 throws up the ANYDVD menu in focus as soon as I hit play. I'm not sure if that's a cosmetic issue or something else. The 3D iso gives me no video - a totally black screen. I hear no sound. When I toggle over to my TiVO and toggle back, I do see a message "Cyberlink PowerDVD stopped 3D playback because you changed your display device." I have no idea where to even start!

the video plays fine in an android tv box. In fact, for $190 my Android TV box gives me everything but blu-raymenus AND Netflix in HD. When this TV started throwing objectionable ads on it's "Smart" interface I just unplugged it from the internet so then I needed Netflix & I like bluray menus so I'm here now trying to get going..
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus39