• 17(current)
Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus
Interesting I figured it would be able to since the nvidia shield can force the 4K 4:2:2 12 bit 24hz to the projector and get rec2020 hdr. Is this a different limitation on gpus?

Sent from my SM-G955U
I see you edited your post, probably as I was writing. You originally asked about 4:2:0 below 60Hz because your PJ uses enhanced 4k and is not native and that was the only setting it could play HDR at and I explained. Now you want to know about 4:2:2 below 60Hz even though, if I'm not mistaken, the 5040 PJ is limited to 4:2:0 for HDR? There is no GPU limitation at 4:2:2 @24Hz. I can set it and play HDR 10/12 bit @ any Hz but I prefer RGB 4:4:4 as I wrote. You'd have to see if your PJ accepts it once you force it to your PJ. I would assume the gpu out of the shield forcing to your PJ is the same thing as forcing a dedicated card setting to your PJ. If the shield does and the dedicated GPU doesn't, there must be some magic conversions going on in the shield set up specifically for enhanced 4k PJ's limited to 4:2:0 for HDR? I wouldn't know nor could I test for you. I use native 4k and have no use for a shield. Maybe google or ask in a 5040 thread where other owners have access to a GPU and wouldn't mind playing test files for you.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Thank You! I believe it will work then. The projector can do 4k 12 bit 4:2:2 at 25 Hz and below with HDR, based on The bandwidth limitation of the port. The 4k 4:2:0 8bit HDR is the only option above that Hz.

Sent from my SM-G955U
Has there been a way to achieve 23.976 refresh rate when playing a 3D MVC. I created a custom resolution with 23.976 refresh rate and it works perfectly when watching 2D movies with 0 dropped frames, but when watching 3D MVC movies, it switches to 23.970 which causes frame drops every 2 or 3 mins. Nvidia 3D vision seems to ignore the custom resolution. I've searched relentlessly for a solution but can't seem to find any. Anyone have an solution?
Display: LG OLED77C9 | A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X4500H | 2019 Nvidia Shield Tv Pro | Apple TV 4K | 2017 Roku Ultra | HTPC | Game PC | PS5 
You'd probably get better luck for an answer in Dsplayer thread since that is the player your sig says you're using. madVR has a new feature if you're not already aware. 'Custom Modes'. If you're already achieving 0 drops, you're probably using it or perhaps ReClock. 'Custom Modes' works very, very well for 2D but only at 8 bit. It will override any working previous 10/12 bit. I have 1 drop per hour using no custom modes or anything else for 2D and that's acceptable to me. 3D MVC, every few minutes. Sometimes I notice the drop, most of the time I don't. It's really not acceptable but it could be worse and thankfully it isn't. 'Custom Modes' is not 3D compatible. Maybe in the future and I will post here if and when it is. It's also limited to 8bit. Nothing in 12/10 bit when using a custom timing. You could try ReClock although I've never tried it. Updated to newest NVidia 385.41 driver today along with newest madVR v0.92.2 update and everything else still seems fine fwiw. Scratch that. HDR in FSE doesn't work now with new NVidia drivers again so I rolled back madVR. Next madVR update should be fixed. Madshi is aware of it.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2017-08-27, 02:04)brazen1 Wrote: You'd probably get better luck for an answer in Dsplayer thread since that is the player your sig says you're using. madVR has a new feature if you're not already aware. 'Custom Modes'. If you're already achieving 0 drops, you're probably using it or perhaps ReClock. 'Custom Modes' works very, very well for 2D but only at 8 bit. It will override any working previous 10/12 bit. I have 1 drop per hour using no custom modes or anything else for 2D and that's acceptable to me. 3D MVC, every few minutes. Sometimes I notice the drop, most of the time I don't. It's really not acceptable but it could be worse and thankfully it isn't. 'Custom Modes' is not 3D compatible. Maybe in the future and I will post here if and when it is. You could try ReClock although I've never tried it. Updated to newest NVidia 385.41 driver today along with newest madVR v0.92.2 update and everything else still seems fine fwiw.

Thanks brazen for your response and help. Reclock doesn't allow bitstreaming, so I rather not use it. Hopefully one day custom modes will be 3D compatible.
Display: LG OLED77C9 | A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X4500H | 2019 Nvidia Shield Tv Pro | Apple TV 4K | 2017 Roku Ultra | HTPC | Game PC | PS5 
I started to set up the system with your post 112, but i get an error that the 3d wizard doesnt work anymore.
Newest Nvidia driver with win10.
(2017-09-06, 17:20)Sonopanic Wrote: I started to set up the system with your post 112, but i get an error that the 3d wizard doesnt work anymore.

exactly the same for me Nvidea Gforce1060. Even a complete re-install of Windows 10 didn't fix this problem...
(2017-09-08, 13:15)laola Wrote:
(2017-09-06, 17:20)Sonopanic Wrote: I started to set up the system with your post 112, but i get an error that the 3d wizard doesnt work anymore.

exactly the same for me Nvidea Gforce1060. Even a complete re-install of Windows 10 didn't fix this problem...

I had the same problem with Gtx 960. Then I used the 3D wizard in the Nvidia Control Panel without enabling the 3D stereoscopic and it worked.
Since 2 days the Nvidia Control Panel has misteriously disappeaed from the desktop contest menu. So I tried to open it trough windows10 control panel. It did open but shows only the 3d stereoscopic not enabled.
All other adjustments have disappeared.
But everything works normally, 2D, 3D, 4K and HDR.
Quite strange and I do not have any explanations for this.
Just report my experience.
This is why "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /enable has always been part of the MPCBE3DISO.bat and PDVD3DISO.bat. Certain files under specific conditions randomly disable stereoscopic 3D globally and do not return it to the original state. This part of the code always makes sure it's enabled and only when needed so it does not interfere with 2D under any circumstances. madVR itself has 3D global settings that randomly fail and again the code ensures 3D is engaged when needed. Fwiw, 3D never fails to engage for me using past or present drivers.

I know there was a bat file being tossed around recently in other forums that permanently made registry changes in an attempt to bypass setting up stereoscopic 3D wizard each time a driver update was installed. I don't think it came with any warnings. It was later determined by users to permanently screw up subsequent wizard attempts. If you used it and now have problems, you will have to undo what you did or request help where you got it. Those of you writing an O/S reinstall did not help only leads me to believe perhaps it also affected your GPU firmware somehow? Just guessing, I have no idea but after an O/S reinstall if it's still affected it's beyond software and at a hardware level?

I last updated drivers on 8/24ish, the latest release. At that time, as always, I selected 'Enable stereoscopic 3D' in the NVidia control panel. As usual, the wizard automatically opened and I made adjustments with no problems. It is still appearing in the control panel and I can turn 3D on and off at will. All file types work with zero problems. The new custom modes feature may also have something to do with this. It is too limited for my use because I prefer 10 bit or higher and 3D. It is not compatible with either. The only other thing I can think of is a Windows update may have caused some of your systems to go whack but I HIGHLY doubt it as my system is completely up to date and I have none of the symptoms being reported. Lastly, madVR v0.92.2 was problematic for me and I was told to take it up with NVidia so I'm using v0.92.1 and all is well. I will update drivers again next release. If I notice any problems I will report back here.

Thanks Brazen1.
I never use any bat file from other forums. Only use yours and since the beginning. Specifically I use MPCBE3DISO.bat : I do not use Powerdvd.
I did not reinstall OS and use madVr v0.92.1 and latest drivers form Nvidia 385.28
As I reported in my previous post Nvidia Control Panel has disapperead form Desktop Contest Menu. But everything works fine so I dont know any explains for what happened.
Latest drivers are 385.41. Not that it should matter? Glad to hear everything working fine despite unable to access control panel from context menu and you shouldn't need to once everything has been initially adjusted. No idea what removed NVidia control panel from you context menu? Usually a registry cleaner of some sort like cCleaner is used to specifically remove item(s) from the context menu. This should not just occur for no reason. Anyway, update your drivers and see if it returns. The installation automatically adds NVidia to the context menu unless you specify it not to somehow. You may need to check reg cleaner settings if you use one or more. Also I'd make sure you do a 'CLEAN' driver install so some kooky residual is not in the mix. I can assure you nothing in any of the codes affects any of this in any way. I doubt madVR or LAVfilters do either. Give the new driver install a report back here and let us know. Those already using the newer driver can simply reinstall or wait for new ones if you need access to the control panel from the context menu although it should still be able to be accessed from the x86 program folder. Still doesn't explain what happened to the 3D wizard unable to start for a couple other users until they report back with their findings. Can't recreate it since I'm not experiencing what they are.

My mistake. My present Nvidia drivers are already 385.41
I installed them when they came out and had problems configuring 3D wizard as already reported. In the end I was lucky and 3D is working. But since a couple of days the Nvidia Control Panel disappeared as already reported. I did nothing about cc cleaner (I dont use it) nor other registry tools.I will wait for the new Nvidia drivers and see what will happen upon their update. Certainly this is quite a strange happening. Never had this kind of problem.
(2017-09-08, 16:42)brazen1 Wrote: I know there was a bat file being tossed around recently in other forums that permanently made registry changes in an attempt to bypass setting up stereoscopic 3D wizard each time a driver update was installed. I don't think it came with any warnings. It was later determined by users to permanently screw up subsequent wizard attempts. If you used it and now have problems, you will have to undo what you did or request help where you got it. Those of you writing an O/S reinstall did not help only leads me to believe perhaps it also affected your GPU firmware somehow? Just guessing, I have no idea but after an O/S reinstall if it's still affected it's beyond software and at a hardware level?

I completely re-installed Windows 10 - no addional software or bat's or driver installed - and it failed. Bacause I thought it iwas hardware related, I bought a new grafic card (the "older" one was too noisy so I wanted to replace this card anyway) - same failure. And 3D isn't working at all - neiter with madVR nor with PowerDVD. Really wired... :-(
(2017-09-09, 08:26)laola Wrote:
(2017-09-08, 16:42)brazen1 Wrote: I know there was a bat file being tossed around recently in other forums that permanently made registry changes in an attempt to bypass setting up stereoscopic 3D wizard each time a driver update was installed. I don't think it came with any warnings. It was later determined by users to permanently screw up subsequent wizard attempts. If you used it and now have problems, you will have to undo what you did or request help where you got it. Those of you writing an O/S reinstall did not help only leads me to believe perhaps it also affected your GPU firmware somehow? Just guessing, I have no idea but after an O/S reinstall if it's still affected it's beyond software and at a hardware level?

I completely re-installed Windows 10 - no addional software or bat's or driver installed - and it failed. Bacause I thought it iwas hardware related, I bought a new grafic card (the "older" one was too noisy so I wanted to replace this card anyway) - same failure. And 3D isn't working at all - neiter with madVR nor with PowerDVD. Really wired... :-(

Try the Nvidia drivers 378.92.installed as per Brazen1 guide in post 112 and make sure that, upon installation, you check the driver version for the video card is correct.
I never had any problem with them for 3D wizard.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus39