• 18(current)
Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus
already did it - no failure with the 3D wizzard anymore (also the test picture is accissible and shown in 3D) - but 3D ISO's doesn't play in 3D (2D only)
(2017-09-10, 11:23)laola Wrote: already did it - no failure with the 3D wizzard anymore (also the test picture is accissible and shown in 3D) - but 3D ISO's doesn't play in 3D (2D only)

Which player you use? If you use MPC_BE and Lav filters did you download the complete lav filters including the 3d filter (which is disabled by default when you download it). Then did you configure everything as per Brazen1 guide in post 112?
Did you use the MPC-BE bat file? Did you add the suffix .3d to every 3d iso name?
I think you should give more details of your setup and the steps you follow.
So we can try to help you in a better way.
not according to post 112 (pretty much outdated - was actually for Kodi 16.x)) but according to post #205. So I am using madVR, LAV-Filters and MPC-BE. HDR is working fine but no 3D (which was working before I used the updated drivers).
Error with 3D wizard is present, tried two or three other driver versions. All the same.
But, after a #205 install, a 3D BD iso works with 3D. Nice.

But i have a problem, brazen-1 mentioned earlier. The MPC won´t close and the mapping of Alt+F4 on the remote works, but that is a dangerous button.
It can close Kodi as well.

Is there no workaround to map a button which closes only MPC ?
Open MPC-BE windowed so you can see the top menu.
Select 'Play' then select 'After Playback'.
Under the 'Every Time' menu select 'Exit'.
MPC-BE will auto exit (close) at the end of playback and Kodi will be in focus.

If you're in a hurry and don't want to wait for credits to finish, map Forward fast or skip to next chapter or something to speed up to the end of playback. Alt+F4 is the simplest solution but I advise pressing quit or stop or end or something similar 1st. This way no residual madVR or MPC-BE 'tasks' will be left running before completely shutting down that could lead to a non-return of default resolution especially when a 3D or HDR mode is exited or like 24Hz back to 60Hz for example. Just like you don't want to end Kodi before it finishes it's house cleaning tasks or any program for that matter. Fwiw, you can also use Alt+F4 to quickly shut down your HTPC when finished. Nothing is dangerous about using the shortcut if you don't abuse it. Typically I end MPC playback, wait a second or two for the display to go into default res, when MPC logo reappears, I Alt+F4 it, then backspace to Kodi home menu where EXIT is linked, wait a couple secs while it closes, Alt+F4 windows desktop, shut down the HTPC, then 'close all devices' on my Harmony which shuts down bass shaker amps, panel, AVR, etc. From the couch with the one remote.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2017-09-11, 23:46)Sonopanic Wrote: Error with 3D wizard is present, tried two or three other driver versions. All the same.
But, after a #205 install, a 3D BD iso works with 3D. Nice.

But i have a problem, brazen-1 mentioned earlier. The MPC won´t close and the mapping of Alt+F4 on the remote works, but that is a dangerous button.
It can close Kodi as well.

Is there no workaround to map a button which closes only MPC ?

after install with the old driver or with the most recent nvidia driver ?
Both driver, 385.28 and 385.41 shows the same error.
so you had the 3D wizard error but still able to see 3D movies ? Wired - mine have been played in 2D (just to avoid any confusion - with the old revision of #205 all worked fine (HDR and §D - no idea why I was dumb enough to change a running system... :-( ) but not anymore
I've still never seen this "error" using current or older drivers? What exactly is the error or errors? What happens or doesn't happen? Is there a pop-up window when it occurs? Provide some details about your hardware and the software versions you are using. Perhaps a snapshot or video. Detail some pertinent settings. Install techniques, etc. From what I've read, one of you has no right click context menu for NCP and cannot access it by other means, another simply can't get 3D to engage, and the last is not presented with a stereoscopic setup when 'Enable stereoscopic 3D' is ticked. While these are all problems for what ever reasons, they are not "same" things. You guys have mentioned "3D Wizard". Why are you selecting 3D Wizard? When you install drivers, 3D stereoscopic is always disabled in the NCP (NVidia Control Panel) no matter what it was previously set to prior to updating. I assume you are always updating using the clean install option. When you check that 3D option, you shouldn't have to do anything else. The 3D setup automatically starts and you make your selections. If you aren't even presented with a control panel much less the stereoscopic setup, your driver install is seriously messed up. You've got conflicts or residuals preventing it from installing correctly imo. Driver installation failure using a new install of the O/S makes no sense? If this were the case, I think it would be a widespread reported problem all over the place especially NVidia forums. Searches reveal no other reports except yours though?
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
So weird. Today my NCP from desktop contest menu came back. I assure that I did nothing, absolutely nothing, regardint apps, programs or OS. It went away few days ago and it has come back today. I did not touch nothing in my HTPC. SoHuhHuh
Greetings brazen1!

I registered just to express my utmost gratification towards your tutorial. This is exactly the type of 3D integration I was looking for. Your guide still holds up quite well after all this time. The instructions were very clear and simple. Really, the only thing I needed to change on my end was the PowerDVD 17 directory. My 3D ISO's are launching quite nicely now. The only thing I will do later is add a Harmony remote. Once again, thank you very much!
Thank you for the kind words and glad you are able to enjoy your experience. That's the purpose of this guide.

Installed new madVR v0.92.3 and tested many things. All is well imo. Also retried custom modes. 10 bit now working in FSE when using custom modes so I will continue using custom timings now. Still limited to 8 bit windowed for me but I only use FSE for everything anyway. (results may be different for others). I get no frame drops anymore and retain 10 bit. Custom mode still has no effect on 3D MVC frame packed and this is an NVidia driver issue. I get one drop every few minutes and don't notice it unless I'm anticipating it. I hope NVidia will address it. It's the last small issue to satisfy my complete working setup shared here as it unfolds and evolves.

brazen1, maybe you can help me with this...

I am simply trying to launch PowerDVD 17 to play my Blu-ray disc from my internal BD drive. In Kodi, when I insert the disc, on the menu is pops up with the option "Play Disc." When I click it, it'll launch PowerDVD, but won't start the movie automatically. I then have to click "Play." I would like for the movie to automatically start if possible without any extra steps. Any ideas? And here is my playercorefactory. Can the option be added there? Thanks.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="3D" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\SP\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\PlayISO3D.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidekodi>true</hidekodi>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
</player>
<player name="2D" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\SP\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\PlayISO2D.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidekodi>true</hidekodi>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv|avi" player="VideoPlayer"/>
<rule filename=".*.3D.*|.*.3D.iso|3D.*" player="3D"/>
<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls|m2ts" player="2D"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD17\PowerDVD.exe</filename>
<args>A:\</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="bd|ifo|bdmv|mpls" player="PowerDVD"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
I think pressing play is normal in this case. That's a pretty different approach to a playercorefactory.xml you have there..... You could try adding another PDVD player assigning your physical BD Rom drive letter (what ever it is) similar to how you did your virtual Rom drive letter A: so the mount is read just like the virtual mount.

(2017-09-18, 17:15)brazen1 Wrote: I think pressing play is normal in this case. That's a pretty different approach to a playercorefactory.xml you have there..... You could try adding another PDVD player assigning your physical BD Rom drive letter (what ever it is) similar to how you did your virtual Rom drive letter A: so the mount is read just like the virtual mount.

Okay, I'll try that. Thanks.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus39