• 19(current)
Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus
(2017-09-12, 01:34)brazen1 Wrote: Open MPC-BE windowed so you can see the top menu.
Select 'Play' then select 'After Playback'.
Under the 'Every Time' menu select 'Exit'.
MPC-BE will auto exit (close) at the end of playback and Kodi will be in focus.

If you're in a hurry and don't want to wait for credits to finish, map Forward fast or skip to next chapter or something to speed up to the end of playback. Alt+F4 is the simplest solution but I advise pressing quit or stop or end or something similar 1st. This way no residual madVR or MPC-BE 'tasks' will be left running before completely shutting down that could lead to a non-return of default resolution especially when a 3D or HDR mode is exited or like 24Hz back to 60Hz for example. Just like you don't want to end Kodi before it finishes it's house cleaning tasks or any program for that matter. Fwiw, you can also use Alt+F4 to quickly shut down your HTPC when finished. Nothing is dangerous about using the shortcut if you don't abuse it. Typically I end MPC playback, wait a second or two for the display to go into default res, when MPC logo reappears, I Alt+F4 it, then backspace to Kodi home menu where EXIT is linked, wait a couple secs while it closes, Alt+F4 windows desktop, shut down the HTPC, then 'close all devices' on my Harmony which shuts down bass shaker amps, panel, AVR, etc. From the couch with the one remote.

Hi Brazen1,

I have PowerDVD 17 launching and playing ripped BluRays perfectly, thanks to your work and help! Rofl THANK YOU SO MUCH!

But I seem to recall that you wrote that you had a solution to closing PDVD using a remote control, but I can't seem to find it. Is this what you were talking about? I am afraid I don't know what MPC-BE is, but it doesn't seem like a natural abbreviation for PowerDVD so I am guessing not? Huh
BTW I do have the alt+F4 working from a keyboard, but I am not able to send that command from my remote, only single keys (not combinations). And someone somewhere here wrote that alt+f4 was a "dangerous solution", so I haven't had the nerve to try to use the MCERemote add- on for KODI to see if that works...
MPC-BE is a 'player', just like PDVD is a 'player'. MPC-BE is a free player. It's in the link I provided. It does not do things that PDVD can, a paid player. However, MPC-BE has a feature PDVD does not. The ability to completely close itself when playback has ended. Those that have mapped alt+f4 to their remote (or simply doing the same direct from a keyboard) may find this of little use since that key combo closes anything in focus for something such as PDVD that do not quit on their own.

I don't really know why that user wrote alt+f4 is dangerous? It's been a common windows key combo for ever. I suppose you could consider it dangerous for a couple reasons: If you accidently pressed the key combo or mapped key of it, it might close something you didn't want to close. Like that 16 hour long book passage you've been working on and oops you quit Microsoft Word without auto saving and prompt saving when you would have closed it manually. (not that this applies to our HTPC type usage here) but what if your multi all in one machine had it opened in the background and you decided to use Kodi for a breather and started pressing alt+f4 like a madman when finished and lost all your work. Or the cat laid down on the key(s). You get the idea. Lastly, as I wrote, you don't want to just alt+f4 (KILL) any program. You want it to shutdown eloquently as it was designed. Not allowing that by simply killing it would be dangerous. So, stop, exit, quit, etc your program (MPC-BE or PDVD) and then kill it. No harm will be done to an idle splash or GUI screen.

I don't know if the MCERemote add- on can map alt+f4? It would be interesting to know. If it can, it would open up a lot of convenience for users that do not have learning remotes. I see no reason not to give it a try and danger should be the least of concerns imo. If you decide to try it, please let us know the results and your opinion of them and TIA.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Thanks Brazen1. I did in fact decide to live dangerously, and did the following:

1. Using the MCERemote add on I mapped alt+4 to the REC button (since I don't use the REC button for anything)
2. On my universal remote I assigned the STOP button a brief macro that does two things, it emulates pressing S and then REC, i.e. the PowerDVD hotkey for stop and then alt+4

This works like a charm for me. Pressing STOP now stops PDVD and closes it, and focus returns to KODI.

I have also mapped other PDVD hotkeys to my remote buttons using MCRRemote, e.g. alt+G to toggle subtitles. Also works like a charm. In fact I can now do everything except pressing PLAY and PAUSE! Very strange...

So thanks again Brazen1 for all your help and patience, KODI now works like a full Home Theatre Solution for all my ripped media Laugh

It still will not work for my discs based media, so I still need to use MainLobby for that, but I guess some clever guy will soon come up with a solution for that, like an add-on, and I can then use KODI for everything Cool
I have just upgraded to a 3d capable screen, and for the mostpart Kodi does what I need it to do with 2D titles. If I use the scripts as is , will I be able to use the native Kodi player from the context menu , or will all 2d and 3d titles now play from my external player?
I have one question. Everything works fine with created playercorefactory.xml, play2d &3d.bat files. But now when i try to play my tv recorded series *.ts file powerdvd will start instead kodi player. What do i have to do that kodi player start and not pdvd?
Thanks
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
(2017-09-24, 15:52)jpil Wrote: I have just upgraded to a 3d capable screen, and for the mostpart Kodi does what I need it to do with 2D titles. If I use the scripts as is , will I be able to use the native Kodi player from the context menu , or will all 2d and 3d titles now play from my external player?

Yes, you can select any player for any file including the Kodi player from the context menu. Press or map keyboard 'C' key to your remote (I map it to 'menu') and select 'Play using'. This brings up the players you can select.

(2017-09-24, 22:16)tehax Wrote: I have one question. Everything works fine with created playercorefactory.xml, play2d &3d.bat files. But now when i try to play my tv recorded series *.ts file powerdvd will start instead kodi player. What do i have to do that kodi player start and not pdvd?
Thanks

I just tried 3 different dvd.ts files. They all play default with the Kodi player including menus. I don't know anything about tv recorded series .ts files. I would think a .ts is a .ts and it too should open with Kodi player by default. Either you have something modded wrong in the supplied code, there is something special about your .ts files, or .ts files are being directed to PDVD by something greater than Kodi like a Windows 'auto play' or PDVD media default setting. I have Windows set to not do anything for any media files and PDVD unchecked for any media types. You could always use the context menu as described in the above post.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2017-09-24, 22:16)tehax Wrote: I have one question. Everything works fine with created playercorefactory.xml, play2d &3d.bat files. But now when i try to play my tv recorded series *.ts file powerdvd will start instead kodi player. What do i have to do that kodi player start and not pdvd?
Thanks

(2017-09-25, 16:36)brazen1 Wrote: I just tried 3 different dvd.ts files. They all play default with the Kodi player including menus.

Mine works the same way, .ts files open with KODI, .bdmv files with PDVD. I use the playercorefactory suggested by Brazen1. Very happy with it!
(2017-09-25, 16:36)brazen1 Wrote:
(2017-09-24, 15:52)jpil Wrote: I have just upgraded to a 3d capable screen, and for the mostpart Kodi does what I need it to do with 2D titles. If I use the scripts as is , will I be able to use the native Kodi player from the context menu , or will all 2d and 3d titles now play from my external player?

Yes, you can select any player for any file including the Kodi player from the context menu. Press or map keyboard 'C' key to your remote (I map it to 'menu') and select 'Play using'. This brings up the players you can select.

Thanks

I just tried 3 different dvd.ts files. They all play default with the Kodi player including menus. I don't know anything about tv recorded series .ts files. I would think a .ts is a .ts and it too should open with Kodi player by default. Either you have something modded wrong in the supplied code, there is something special about your .ts files, or .ts files are being directed to PDVD by something greater than Kodi like a Windows 'auto play' or PDVD media default setting. I have Windows set to not do anything for any media files and PDVD unchecked for any media types. You could always use the context menu as described in the above post.
Sorry, but for me it don't work in v18 latest build. When i do not use playercorefactory.xml then kodi v18 plays the. ts file very well. With playercorefactory.xml now pdvd cinema starts but without to play. With v17 everything works also as it should.
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
I installed Kodi v.18 (Leia) x64 nightly today. I previously installed it months ago and had problems, mainly the skin I prefer had too many failed dependencies at the time as well as other problems with the new Kodi build itself. Today I was astonished with the results tbh. I decided to install fresh from scratch. Kodi, Titan skin for Leia, (both still under development) new madVR, LAV filters nightly, and MPC-BE nightly. Everything installed eventually with no errors. I've tested quite a few different titles using internal and external players (videoplayer, PDVD and MPC). Everything is working fine so far but I haven't done extensive testing against the few bug reports I've noticed nor advanced features. All is well how I usually use the features I'm interested in.

To the OP of the post above this one:
All the code is the same. I tested if a .ts file plays ok with the internal player. It does. Same with an external. I also added .ifo and .wmc files and they are fine as well. I see you are doing some things different than suggested like using PDVD Cinema instead of PDVD PC mode. You probably will run into problems when you deviate. Anyway, happy to report NO side effects using updated everything including latest NVidia drivers. There is no difference v.17 vs. v.18 on my end and I'm satisfied enough to keep for my daily driver even though it's still under development. No new incompatible things have occurred for me (even the x64 upgrade). Not sure why you are having problems?

Updated NVidia drivers to 387.92. HDR and advanced color switch turns on automatically now. Unfortunately it does not turn off at end of playback. Reverted back to 385.69 and all is well again. 387.92 is problematic. A simple driver reinstall to a previous version does not fix the problems it created. (oversaturation, broken dynamic HDR switching, and other symptoms) You must clean install driver 382.33. Then uninstall it and reinstall 385.69. The new Windows Fall update comes with 387.92 I think. Perhaps the next NVidia driver update will not carry over the problems? We shall see......

PowerDVD released an update patch (Build 2101) for the upcoming W10 Fall CU.
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerd...en_US.html

I used your code with no alterations and having done that - I now have slow frame rates when using the built in player - for anything that is not mpeg2 based.

here is the log :  https://paste.ubuntu.com/25745572/
with log running I could see I was getting 10 fps .

I checked audio as I know that can cause issues - I fixed some minor issues there - but problem still remains .

I removed the playercorefactory , that did not change anything, so it would seem that a setting has changed , but I dont know where any other place I can look?
I have a dual boot systen with windows 10 , and the untouched version of kodi there - works fine.
(2017-10-15, 20:27)jpil Wrote: I used your code with no alterations and having done that - I now have slow frame rates when using the built in player - for anything that is not mpeg2 based.

here is the log :  https://paste.ubuntu.com/25745572/
with log running I could see I was getting 10 fps .

I checked audio as I know that can cause issues - I fixed some minor issues there - but problem still remains .

I removed the playercorefactory , that did not change anything, so it would seem that a setting has changed , but I dont know where any other place I can look?
I have a dual boot systen with windows 10 , and the untouched version of kodi there - works fine.

None of the codes alter any settings at all.  They simply add a player(s).  Deleting any codes you added leaves you where you started with nothing altered that could lead to any of the problems you describe.

(2017-10-18, 17:43)brazen1 Wrote:
(2017-10-15, 20:27)jpil Wrote: None of the codes alter any settings at all.  They simply add a player(s).  Deleting any codes you added leaves you where you started with nothing altered that could lead to any of the problems you describe.

and that is the strange thing , somewhere somehow a setting changed and I cant find it. have you seen this behaviour before ?

I may just go to all files being taken care of by external players, however I have to say the OSD is very nice in Kodi17 .

I have another question :   I have a Bluray 3D that chokes TMT - however when played via the m2ts file played OK - so I converyed just the file to MKV   I want to use a bat file like the one for 3d iso - I like the elegance of it , I dont quite understand the path variable

Here is the bat file :
@echo off

rem you can place your Play3D file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:3D.MKV\3d.mkv=%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /enable
timeout /t 10
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" %pth%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /disable

exit

have  I got the path variable correct?
Brazen bro I am back in the sin bin !
Iam on Leia with Aeon Nox Silvo for Leia, Windows 10 x64, Nvidia GTX970 with latest drivers, LG passive 3D panel 1080p.
All was hunky dory until recently ( i think since i updated to Leia )
Now 3D playback has gone south for me.
3D iso even with the .bat scripts isnt happening ? even having issues in just PDVD 16 where a full rip of 3D disk is just not getting the stereoscopic love it deserves.
the 3D MKV rips into SBS & TAB do function within kodi but kodi does not switch to stereoscopic mode for whatever reason. all the settings are done properly but just doesn't happen.
I have never been able to automate my LG panel to enter the appropriate mode sso i used to manually click on my remote to enter the Panel in the appropriate mode and it would work.
Now it still does eventually enter into the 3D mode but the pause screen / menu options are all wrong Huh
I have done everythingthat i could do & think of from past , even reinstalled Kodi & Fresh setup of libraries AND SKINS etc etc but still this issue is persisting.
its probably just a simple thing and I need a pointer / helper to get out of this muck.
If you need a Log please let me know.
Cheers
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus39