Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus
Kodi DSplayer is a special build of Kodi that has components built into it. This may help simplify and speed up installation for some. You would be dependent on the author to maintain the build. The build is always built around the official Kodi. I am not familiar with its abilities or inabilities if any? This forum uses the official build of Kodi. Although Kodi is constantly under development, here we add our own components and change them at will to improve the performance of Kodi. With the addition of new formats like HDR, Kodi is not always updated to be able to take advantage. Same with some older formats like frame packed 3D. Kodi is an open source charitable development. No one is paid. Authors for advanced development in some areas simply have not stepped forward. Other times advancements simply cannot be added to the official Kodi due to complications but can to custom Kodi builds. Unfortunately, an advancement might be added to one of these custom builds but limits other functions breaking the entire user experience chain. So official and unofficial builds are kept separate. Here we keep the best of both worlds. We always use the official build. We even use nightly builds which are prereleases of official builds designed to enhance performance and available for testing. You are the author. You add what you prefer. Not what someone else thinks you should prefer. Most of the limitations with Kodi discussed here center around the player. Various players have various abilities and inabilities. There is no perfect player so we take advantage of adding as many as we like, each filling voids of the other offering us unlimited playback options simply and automated. Each user is unique in requirements they desire. 4k vs. 1080p. To 3D or not to 3D. mkv vs iso. Blu-ray menus or not. Simplicity vs quality. State of the art or wait and see. HDR or DVD. Local files or streaming. HTPC or device(s). Manual or automated. Limited audio and video or unlimited. Paid or shareware. Specifically authored or mainstream. These are some examples of why one thing might or might not be a better choice for a unique user. It is the user who makes these decisions. I simply prefer to do it all and leave no door closed and share my methods here. If you share the same interest as me, you are in the right place. You can find all the info you want here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=229692&page=14 Post #205

You will be using the official builds of Kodi. You can use a nightly version too if you desire but I suggest you use an official release to get started. You can always upgrade it quickly and simply later after confirming everything you desire is working well. Same with official releases of components. Links to those components are listed in the link I provided above. Installation of everything including pictures are also there. Since you listed HDR and the Kodi player is not HDR compatible afaik, you will need a capable player. Since you are using HDR remux you will not require menus. MPC-BE would be your player. This requires madVR + LavFilters components be added to it. It is very simple and takes about 5 minutes to set everything up. Follow the link and related setup pictures I provided to complete your setup.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-15, 22:20
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-15, 22:29
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-22, 00:38
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-23, 17:15
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-24, 02:23
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-24, 17:22
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-25, 09:26
RE: HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players - by brazen1 - 2017-11-07, 17:30
HELP! - by brazen1 - 2018-08-22, 18:50
RE: HELP! - by zxaura1 - 2018-08-24, 09:32
Problem with DXVA scaling videos - by obstler - 2018-10-27, 10:13
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus39