Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus
(2018-01-08, 23:24)bsoriano Wrote: luci5r,

I am also not sure of what is going on in your case.  I think you can (but this should not affect what you are seeing) change the line in the xml with the rule for MPC to this:

<rule filename=".*4K.*" player="MPC-BE"/>

Since it is not needed to have multiple times, and also there is an error in the last 4K entry in your line, since there should be a period (.) before the asterisk (*) before 4K as well.

Again, I don't think this will change your current situation, but will be a syntactically shorter and correct xml file.

I know this might sound like a dumb question, but are you sure (besides what @brazen1 pointed out about Windows default player for the type of files your are playing) you have the xml in the right place?

Regards,

Bart
 Bart,

You are a genius, a scholar and a gentleman! You struck bang on target, and I understand now what happened. 

It was the missing dot before the filename rule. I believe it caused an error in the code, such that the entire rule "filename" was being ignored, but not the player, and therefore everything being played back was being thrown at MPC-BE. 

Adding that initial dot, in fact changing the code to what you suggested, removing all unnecessary duplicated instances of "4K" in "filename", essentially fixed almost the entire issue. 

I say almost as I'm now faced with a somewhat conversed issue. 

So this is what my script looks like now:

Code:

<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD17\PowerDVD.exe</filename>
      <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
      <hidekodi>false</hidekodi>
      <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
      <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
    </player>
    <player name="MPC-BE" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\Program Files\MPC-BE x64\mpc-be64.exe</filename>
      <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
      <hidekodi>false</hidekodi>
      <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
      <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
    </player>
  </players>
   <rules action="prepend">
    <rule filename=".*4K.*" player="MPC-BE"/>
    <rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls|m2ts" player="PowerDVD"/>
   </rules>
</playercorefactory>

All 1080p MKV media is playing in Kodi's internal player
All 1080p ISO media is playing in PowerDVD

However, any media with "4K" in file name sends Kodi into "not responding" and MPC-BE does not launch!!

I'm not exactly sure why that would be, since Kodi was launching everything in MPC-BE moments ago, and now won't launch anything in MPC-BE, even though it is clearly recognizing "4K" filename rule, because it won't launch that file in Kodi's internal player or PowerDVD. 

Investigating.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-15, 22:20
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-15, 22:29
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-22, 00:38
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-23, 17:15
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-24, 02:23
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-24, 17:22
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-25, 09:26
RE: HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players - by luci5r - 2018-01-09, 00:16
HELP! - by brazen1 - 2018-08-22, 18:50
RE: HELP! - by zxaura1 - 2018-08-24, 09:32
Problem with DXVA scaling videos - by obstler - 2018-10-27, 10:13
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus39