Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus
Ah, you edited your post as I edited my reply.  Ok, now we are on the same page. 

The timeout code already exists on its own separate line when using MPC.  Never had a need for it using PDVD but just updated and added it to code AFTER VCD mounts and PRIOR to PDVD opening.  Is this where you added it?  I assume this has now fixed your problem with PDVD required another press of play because the program started before the iso mounted?

I don't use AnyDvd but I know how it works.  If it's impacted like PDVD was (doesn't turn purple because it loaded before iso did) it too will need to be slowed down using timeout after VCD and prior to AnyDvd loading.  Maybe the slow iso mounts are due to NAS over network?  I don't use a NAS.  Everything is local.  Might be advantages to put a delay prior to the whole process beginning at title selection?  I've always assumed when you press play on a title in KODI, nothing happens until that title is accessible.  Everything else has always stalled out waiting including any navigation....

So, now you need to figure out why 2D and 3D using PDVD are not separate and we know it malfunctions testing in Windows Explorer.  You right click a 3d.iso to open with PDVD and it doesn't go into 3D?  And, you right click a 2d.iso to open with PDVD and it goes into 3D.  Correct? 

Code says a title that is a 3D file type is to open with PDVD.  Furthermore, when using PDVD it shall trigger the PDVD3DISO.bat.  In the event stereoscopic is turned off (this happens with Nvidia after HDR has been engaged and why the .bat is needed at all otherwise we could just use PDVD's internal mount) the .bat will engage stereoscopic which is what nvstlink.exe is.  It may be possible to eliminate VCD and let PDVD use its virtual rom feature but I know mounting it using VCD is faster and since VCD will be required for MPC I just incorporate it.  That is up until now that you have revealed it might be slowing YOU down.  Fwiw, MPC has no internal mount and the .bat for it is required.  The .bats also allow for other .exe's to run such as AnyDvd and there is no other way to automate them except to start with Windows.  To use PDVD virtual rom, its drive letter must be assigned also.  I think that is defaulted already  but since I removed the permanent drive letter to free it up for external drives I can't remember how it is packaged.  Yep, I'm out of drive letters.

So, provided this rule is correct:  <rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls|m2ts|.*3D.*|.*.3D.iso|3D.*" player="PowerDVD"/>  and your display is smart enough to engage 3D when a 3D title is inserted into a dedicated player or a virtual rom, and stereoscopic IS engaged system wide via nvstlink.exe prior to playback, it should be working flawlessly.

Your 2nd immediate problem is 2D.iso plays in 3D using PDVD?  Post 46 is an old fix and updates have since straightened it out.  It was a problem with stereoscopic disengaging after reboot and didn't engage stereoscopic for 3D titles.  It isn't required anymore.  I think this was fixed in the spring W10 update and I know it works using the FCU presently.  This was also coordinated with GPU driver updates.

Code says when the file type is an iso, etc. PDVD should open.  Like 3D, it calls PDVD3DISO.bat even though it is 2D.  This is to utilize VCD and any additional exe's.  It still turns on stereoscopic even though it won't be used and there is no detriment.  PDVD distinguishes the 2d.iso is indeed 2D and does not engage 3D stereoscopic based on what the GPU is feeding it.  The file plays in 2D.  So, does your display engage 3D and prompt you to turn on glasses?  Is PDVD setting to 'play 2D as 3D' or is it unchecked?  Are you using FCU and newer GPU drivers?  I use v.385.69 fwiw but only because of madVR crashes using newer drivers when playing HDR via MPC.  Recently I'm using DVDFab v.3 for HDR.iso for menus but MPC, madVR work still.  There may be other reasons 2D plays as 3D but I can't think of them off the top of my head.  Get the 3D going proper.  Perhaps it will cure the 2D.  Please report back your findings.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 21 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-15, 22:20
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-15, 22:29
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-22, 00:38
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-23, 17:15
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-24, 02:23
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-24, 17:22
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-25, 09:26
RE: HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players - by brazen1 - 2018-02-23, 02:53
HELP! - by brazen1 - 2018-08-22, 18:50
RE: HELP! - by zxaura1 - 2018-08-24, 09:32
Problem with DXVA scaling videos - by obstler - 2018-10-27, 10:13
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus39