Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus
Remember, this guide is about playing everything and 3D is a demand so you will have to see if a newer driver works for you since you are not as demanding.  I was pointing out that newer drivers have a setting retention after reboot problem that affects 2D users.  If memory serves me correct, 385.69 should work for you, perhaps even newer.  I don't know how far back this new driver problem started?  I installed the new driver and worked back a few versions and gave up and installed old faithful. 

I had no problems with the few titles I tested in v.18 Leia.  MPC-BE included.  Special subtitle conditions worked and it auto exited as it should which seem to be the hardest things for these players to do as every other function works regardless of the environment they are used in.  Ditto with MPC-HC.  V.18 just didn't call them properly from the playercorefactory.  V.18 better work it out or I simply won't be able to use it.  playcorefactory.xml's have worked in harmony with KODI for a very long time so I anticipate it will continue but I've never seen new version alpha's where it didn't work. 

V.18 is very different from previous milestones though mainly 64bit.  Perhaps the playercorefactory integration is a 32bit application and it didn't carry over and isn't backwards compatible but I'm just guessing.  In my brief testing a few times now, it was extremely quick and snappy opening, browsing, playing, and closing.  Simple log was void of previous warnings generic to previous versions.  There were moments when the switch back to native resolution and refresh rates after playback caused KODI to window, crash, and need an end task to restart it.

Estuary skin works very well.  Little features it offers most don't pay attention to are performing like champs.  I just don't care for the home page layout as I prefer a minimalist view so I use Titan adjusted to bare minimum.  Titan also works very well and backed up settings from Krypton carry over nearly perfectly.  The trailer function was the only nonperformer I came across in my brief review although it worked flawless using Estuary.  Aside from the playercorefactory problem, v.17 should be very close to release since imo it's performing very well.  I'm not counting on miracles for its HDR performance although there is hope for software decoding afaik.  There is only one Windows dev on the KODI team so I would hope he'd get things prioritized such as playercorefactory before HDR fine tuning since more and more users will be considering external players based on modern video formats.  We will see......
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-15, 22:20
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-15, 22:29
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-22, 00:38
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-23, 17:15
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-24, 02:23
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-24, 17:22
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-25, 09:26
RE: HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players - by brazen1 - 2018-03-20, 17:00
HELP! - by brazen1 - 2018-08-22, 18:50
RE: HELP! - by zxaura1 - 2018-08-24, 09:32
Problem with DXVA scaling videos - by obstler - 2018-10-27, 10:13
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus39