• 48(current)
Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus
@luci5r 
Thx for all the info.
Also tried DVDFab 3 and what should ill say, it just works!!
All samples i throw at it just plays fine, also the 60fps UHD HDR samples!
The gpu load is max @70% with an 60fps sample.
Thanks a lot for the hint.

I have another questions:
  • can you please share your PCF xml file with DVDFab in it?
  • I am using yatse to control kodi and in addition with Eventghost also the volume of TV and so on.
    Is it possible to map the default basic kodi keys to DVDFab? Also back key and so on?
pOpY
(2018-08-02, 00:14)Wanilton Wrote: @luci5r Kodi Leia have now one option "try10bitoutpit" via advancedsettings.xml for send 10 bits to display, it´s the first step for have UHD HDR playback using internal player. Exist one second adjust relationed, but I don´t have precise idea how work (allowdiscretedecoder).
Code:
<advancedsettings>     
<video>  
  <allowdiscretedecoder>false</allowdiscretedecoder>
 </video>
  <try10bitoutput>true</try10bitoutput>    
</advancedsettings>

About try10bitoutput = added 10bit output if supported. Allow output 10bit videos without converting them to 8bit.
About allowdiscretedecoder = added the possibility to use a separate device for decoding (disabled by default). it allows avoiding lockups of device's context. 
 thx for the hint.
Have tried it. Without DXVA the colors are now normal but its choppy like hell on my slow i3 CPU.
With activated DXVA i have just bauncing green/pink pictures -> not watchable.
Sadly, DXVA for SD content is also broken in v18 on my nvidia.

So a step into the right direction but needs some work.

pOpY
(2018-08-07, 21:52)popy Wrote: @luci5r 
Thx for all the info.

• I am using yatse to control kodi and in addition with Eventghost also the volume of TV and so on.
    Is it possible to map the default basic kodi keys to DVDFab? Also back key and so on?
pOpY 
 @popy 

Thanks! 

Here's my playercorefactory.xml (*Keep in mind, my UHD HDR MKV's contain "4K" in their filename, eg:- "Oblivion (4K).mkv"):

xml:

<playercorefactory>
 <players>
    <player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\Users\b3lial\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\PDVD.bat</filename>
      <playcountminimumtime>1140</playcountminimumtime>
    </player>
    <player name="DVDFab" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab Media Player 3\FabPlayer.exe</filename>
    </player>
 </players>
 <rules action="prepend">
    <rule filename=".*4K.*" player="DVDFab"/>
    <rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls|m2ts" player="PowerDVD"/>
 </rules>
</playercorefactory>

And this is my PDVD.bat referenced in PCF above:

xml:

Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:iso=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto playbdmv)

:playbdmv
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD18\PowerDVD.exe" %pth% exit
exit

:playiso
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD18\PowerDVD.exe" D:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
exit

Unfortunately, in DVDFab v3, I haven't really found a way to map the remote. I'm actually using a mini Keyboard with Touch Pad for my HTPC so I haven't needed to map the remote keys. However, I'm sure it's possible using some of the available applications. Try out a few things.
(2018-08-07, 16:43)luci5r Wrote:
(2018-08-02, 00:14)Wanilton Wrote:  
Code:

pOpY Wrote: 
@Warner306 :

By "present queue", do you mean "how many frames shall be presented in advance" under Windowed & Exclusive mode settings?
"Use D3D11 Automatic Hardware Decoding" is referring to LAV Filters settings, not MadVR, correct?

Thanks!  
 Yes, that all is correct. I know there are different versions of the GT 1030 out there. If you have the good one, those settings are known to work for at least a few people. Both DVDFab v3 and MPC-BE should do the job with 4K video with basic processing.
For those that don't use DVDFab v.3 and suffice with MPC-HC/BE be aware:  While many think MPC-BE and MPC-HC are basically the same thing, they aren't.  Each has its role as part of a versatile system and why I use multiple players.  A good example is Fury (2014) HDR.iso.  Try with MPC-BE and then MPC-HC and you'll see what I mean.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 21 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2018-08-07, 23:20)luci5r Wrote:
(2018-08-07, 21:52)popy Wrote: @luci5r 
Thx for all the info.

pOpY  
 @popy 

Thanks! 

Here's my playercorefactory.xml (*Keep in mind, my UHD HDR MKV's contain "4K" in their filename, eg:- "Oblivion (4K).mkv"):

xml:

<playercorefactory>
 <players>
    <player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\Users\b3lial\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\PDVD.bat</filename>
    </player>
    <player name="DVDFab" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab Media Player 3\FabPlayer.exe</filename>
    </player>
 </players>
 <rules action="prepend">
    <rule filename=".*4K.*" player="DVDFab"/>
    <rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls|m2ts" player="PowerDVD"/>
 </rules>
</playercorefactory>

And this is my PDVD.bat referenced in PCF above:

xml:

Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:iso=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto playbdmv)

:playbdmv
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD18\PowerDVD.exe" %pth% exit
exit

:playiso
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD18\PowerDVD.exe" D:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
exit

Unfortunately, in DVDFab v3, I haven't really found a way to map the remote. I'm actually using a mini Keyboard with Touch Pad for my HTPC so I haven't needed to map the remote keys. However, I'm sure it's possible using some of the available applications. Try out a few things. 
thx, for all the input.
Will play with PCF soon.

pOpY
(2018-08-08, 01:19)brazen1 Wrote: For those that don't use DVDFab v.3 and suffice with MPC-HC/BE be aware:  While many think MPC-BE and MPC-HC are basically the same thing, they aren't.  Each has its role as part of a versatile system and why I use multiple players.  A good example is Fury (2014) HDR.iso.  Try with MPC-BE and then MPC-HC and you'll see what I mean.
 MPC-BE is a fork of MPC-HC but booth was developed further, so yes there are differences.
I have made my tests with MPC-HC, do you mean that with MPC-BE is better for low performance CPU/GPU?

@luci5r: Did you do your tests with MPC-BE or MPC-HC?

pOpY
(2018-08-08, 00:48)Warner306 Wrote:
(2018-08-07, 16:43)luci5r Wrote: @Warner306 :

By "present queue", do you mean "how many frames shall be presented in advance" under Windowed & Exclusive mode settings?
"Use D3D11 Automatic Hardware Decoding" is referring to LAV Filters settings, not MadVR, correct?

Thanks!   
 Yes, that all is correct. I know there are different versions of the GT 1030 out there. If you have the good one, those settings are known to work for at least a few people. Both DVDFab v3 and MPC-BE should do the job with 4K video with basic processing.  
  @Warner306 

Awesome! Thanks for all your help. Yes, I do have the "better" version of GT 1030 (GP108-300), not the severely reduced and crippled GP108-310-A1. I was also able to locate the thread here which you may have been referring to - and you're spot on - looks like a lot of people have had flawless UHD HDR playback using GT 1030 w/ MadVR/MPC-BE. 

Thank you for pointing us to this - I had given up hope. 

Unfortunately I worked too late last night (and probably going to today as well), so my tests are thusly postponed to this weekend. But will report back. 

Thanks. 

@popy 

MPC-BE. I have been following Brazen1's guides, especially in Post #205 (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2616287) which all pointed to MPC-BE, therefore I've only used MPC-BE for these tests. I have never used MPC-HC. 

Thanks!
I have managed to play all UHD HDR content in MPC-HC + madVR on my 1030 (GP108-300).
Changing the LAV Decoder HW accell to DX11 and dropping down the frames on exclusive mode to 4 and on general cpu to 8 and gpu to 6.
Now i also can seek :-)

Just played a few samples very well, must test with other content.

PS.: faced the kodi 18 PCF bug where kodi crashes/stuck on returing/closing MPC-HC, have now made a workaround with Eventghost and simply kill and restarting it.
Is there better solution/workaround?

thx a lot
pOpY
(2018-08-08, 22:33)popy Wrote: I have managed to play all UHD HDR content in MPC-HC + madVR on my 1030 (GP108-300).
Changing the LAV Decoder HW accell to DX11 and dropping down the frames on exclusive mode to 4 and on general cpu to 8 and gpu to 6.
Now i also can seek :-)

Just played a few samples very well, must test with other content.

PS.: faced the kodi 18 PCF bug where kodi crashes/stuck on returing/closing MPC-HC, have now made a workaround with Eventghost and simply kill and restarting it.
Is there better solution/workaround?

thx a lot
pOpY
 WOW!! This is very promising!! Thank you so much for reporting back your experience. I can't wait to get this going on my system this weekend. 

I'll post my results as soon as I get a chance. 

Thanks!
@luci5r :
Also set the upscale/downscale options to DXVA.
Can post my complete settings at the evning.

Do you use kodi 18 to launch the external players?
In my case, on kodi 18a3, after pressing stop to exit MPC-HC, it closes, madvr switches back the resolution to 1080p and kodi just stuck/hangs.
How is your PCF experience?

Thank you
pOpY
(2018-08-09, 12:50)popy Wrote: @luci5r :
Also set the upscale/downscale options to DXVA.
Can post my complete settings at the evning.

Do you use kodi 18 to launch the external players?
In my case, on kodi 18a3, after pressing stop to exit MPC-HC, it closes, madvr switches back the resolution to 1080p and kodi just stuck/hangs.
How is your PCF experience?

Thank you
pOpY
Hello,

I am using MPC-BE and DVDFab3 as external players, with Kodi Leia latest nightly, Windows 10 Pro 17730, nVidia GTX 1080, nVidia drivers version 385.28.

The only issue I have with PCF is a known one, that once you play a video with an external player, every single video will be played with that external player, regardless of the rules in the PCF, until you restart Kodi.  To me, just like others have pointed out, while this is annoying, it is something I can live with.

I do use Kodi to launch both of those external players, using the "Play using..." option (press "C" on any title while browsing your library).  I don't use the stop function to exit either of the players.  I use a Harmony Ultimate remote and I have it set up like this:

Exit button, long press sends F7.  In MPC-BE, I mapped F7 to the close function.

So, when I long press Stop while watching a movie with MPC-BE, it exits, there is the brief moment when the display shows black as it switches back to not HDR, and Kodi resumes exactly where it was.  As recommended by @brazen1 and others, I have my Kodi resolution at 4K (3,840 x 2,160 pixels), as well as my Windows Desktop (3,840 x 2,160 8-bit RGB Full in the nVidia Control Panel).

For DVDFab3, I have not been able to find a way to change its default keyboard mappings.  However, I found a way to accommodate my usage.  I added in the Harmony app the device Microsoft Media Player SE (thank you @Warner306 !), which comes with some pre-programmed key combinations, like Alt-F4.  So, to exit DVDFab3 and return to Kodi, I mapped Stop, long press, to Alt-F4.  That way DVDFab3 closes, like with MPC-BE and returns to Kodi no problem.

I just found out about this device yesterday, so now I know I can further refine my setup by remapping MPC-HC close to Alt-F4, and using just the Exit button, long press in my remote to exit out of either external player.  I will be testing that today.

The Media Player SE device also has some other key combinations that could be used to start Kodi with one key from the remote, that is also something I will be trying out as well.

Other notes regarding controlling DVDFab3 from the remote:

1. I assigned the FF key to send F, which works in Kodi, and also works in DVDFab3.  In fact, it works the same way, by switching between 2X,4X,8X,16X and 32X (I know Kodi goes up to 32X) each time you press it.  In Kodi, pressing Play gets you back to normal speed, but in DVDFab3 the key is N, so I mapped the long press of Play to N in my remote.
2.  The same works with RW.  I mapped it to R, which works in Kodi and also works in DVDFab3, the same way as FF.
3. I use subtitles a lot, so I mapped the yellow button in my remote (I am not using it for anything else) to V, which is the key in DVDFab3 which cycles through the subtitle options.
4. I mapped the blue button in my remote to F2, which is the Info key in DVDFab3.  I use this to check that it is indeed playing HDR content (it provides a small display with video and audio info on the top right of the screen during playback).  I didn't use the Info button in my remote, since I have that mapped to I for Kodi and long press to show me Remaining Time in MPC-BE.

I hope this info is useful.

Regards,

Bart
Along with Media Player SE, I also use Computer – Media Center PC – Microsoft – “MCE Keyboard” as a device with my Harmony which provides further control.  Fwiw, Microsoft - "XBMC" is another as is DVD - Manufacturer - Cyberlink, Model: PowerDVD..  I use some of these various devices to coordinate controlling all the players.  Here is some hotkey info:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard_controls
http://blog.dvdfab.cn/detailing-the-keyb...pport.html
http://www.keyxl.com/aaab43b/275/PowerDV...rtcuts.htm (view more hotkeys in the hotkey table link can be found in PowerDVD settings)
http://shortcuts-keys.blogspot.com/2016/...tcuts.html 

Here are my 'KODI' activity 'customize button assignments':
Media Center PC = Microsoft XBMC
Microsoft MCE Keyboard = Keyboard
Microsoft Windows Media Center SE = PC

HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 21 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2018-08-09, 17:54)brazen1 Wrote: Along with Media Player SE, I also use Computer – Media Center PC – Microsoft – “MCE Keyboard” as a device with my Harmony which provides further control.  Fwiw, Microsoft - "XBMC" is another as is DVD - Manufacturer - Cyberlink, Model: PowerDVD..  I use some of these various devices to coordinate controlling all the players.  Here is some hotkey info:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard_controls
http://blog.dvdfab.cn/detailing-the-keyb...pport.html
http://www.keyxl.com/aaab43b/275/PowerDV...rtcuts.htm (view more hotkeys in the hotkey table link can be found in PowerDVD settings)
http://shortcuts-keys.blogspot.com/2016/...tcuts.html 

Here are my 'KODI' activity 'customize button assignments':

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Thanks brazen1,

So in the images you provided, "PC" is the MCE Keyboard Device, and "Media Center" is the Media Center SE device? 

What are you using for Stop for DVDFab3?

Regards,

Bart
I suppose that is pertinent!  Sorry.  I'll update the post so it's clear.

Media Center PC = Microsoft XBMC
Microsoft MCE Keyboard = Keyboard
Microsoft Windows Media Center SE = PC

I use alt + F4 to close all players as you can see in the 1st picture.
On a side note, I map F6 to open KODI as part of the KODI activity.  The way I do this is:
Right click KODI in your W10 menu and select 'More' and then 'Open file location'.
Right click KODI and select properties.
Highlight the 'shortcut key' and press the F6 button on your keyboard and then save it.
Now you have a shortcut key to open KODI by pressing F6.
You can also assign that new shortcut key to your KODI activity using the 'Keyboard' device I referred to above where your new F6 command will be sent in the startup sequence along with turning on all your other devices like your display and AVR so that everything involved is one simple button press on your remote.
Be aware, most 'F' keys are already in use by Windows.  F5 and F6 have no ill affects when using them as hotkeys.  All other 'F' keys are bound by Windows and I don't suggest they be used for anything except their original intensions.

• 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus39