Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus
(2018-09-26, 20:34)brazen1 Wrote:
(2018-09-26, 19:37)zxaura1 Wrote: In my case, when KODI resizes to the top left after closing MPC-BE, it is working normally, doesn't freezes but of course it is not usable and I have to close it (by pressing the assigned button in my remote for Alt+F4 and Enter) and reopen it again.

Working "normally" but "not usable"?  I don't understand?  If you press \ on your keyboard, does KODI resize and work normal?  Sorry for not been clear. Yes almost normal. It resizes but not freezes. Menus, buttons and everything else is  working but I can not see the whole GUI as it is resized and focused on the top left quarter (of GUI). But I can navigate in it and close it ether through its power button with the mouse or by pressing Alt+F4 and open the shutdown menu. Then, without seeing it (the menu), I press enter and KODI closes, as it chooses the first option "Exit".

I set MPC-BE to be the main player for everything and is working perfect. Also this solved for me the audio issues of the past Nvidia drivers and KODI Video Player.

"Everything perfect"?  Even the KODI resizing?  My audio issues are with nVidia's drivers after 385.28.  Maybe 411.63 fixed?  Haven't tried.  The audio problem affects all players, not just VideoPlayer for me.Sorry, I meant perfect compared to Video Player, not generally of course. My basic audio issue was that Video Player didn't play any sound on TV speakers, if the movie had HD sound and my receiver was OFF, probably because my TV doesn't support it. But MPC-BE downgrades the sound to PCM and I can live with that if I don't want to switch my receiver on. 

I did the test with KODI and changed refresh from 60Hz to 23Hz and everything with KODI is normal with no problems, except that it insists to steal focus from NCP every few seconds and I had to press the "Windows" key in my keyboard to go back to NCP to apply or accept the new settings. 

My bad.  Change 2160p to 1080p.  Corrected my post above for testers.

BUT, when I made the test with changing resolution from 2160p to 1080p then yes, KODI resizes to top left corner but in my system is still alive and I can exit and close it from within.
I hope that I remember right but I think, a few days ago, once or twice, I left KODI open, with windows ribbons screen saver on as always and switched the TV off. After some time I turned the TV on and then I found KODI resized on the top left corner... :-)

Not having a problem with my system.  Yes, it stays alive.  Just KODI is unresponsive and clicking anything on that tiny window in the top left causes it (KODI) to crash.  After forcing it to close, the system remains fine.Sorry for my English... :-)  I meant KODI stays alive, not my system...

Also I think I reported wrong in my previous post about audio issues with latest 411.63 drivers. I tested again and it seems that everything is working like 385.28. If you can test them and report your opinion it would be great.

As soon as something else warrants another install of GPU drivers and KODI v.18, I will.  I've spent countless months that have turned into years wiping out my working installs to try new drivers and KODI nightlies only to be disappointed and having to revert and reinstall my old working setups again.  After doing it a few hundred times I'll be honest... I'm burned out with the try its.  You do however give me a little hope again by sharing your experiences and at some point I will give them another shot especially as v.18 draws nearer.  I admit, for the time being, I think my observations and shares go unnoticed and lack of participation, especially when I request help from others is vacant, I'm more interested in what others have to write rather than providing anything additional.I understand you completely! It is is the same reason I made MPC-BE my default player because I was tired searching for a solution in Leia's Video Player. Also I convinced myself that it isn't a great problem if KODI resizes, maybe because for 99,99% after watching a movie I always quit KODI.As for the problematic audio of drivers after 385.28, it was present also in Krypton for me. So you can test 411.63 independently of Leia...

Thanks,

Alex

You're welcome but more importantly, THANK YOU.
In my case, when KODI resizes to the top left after closing MPC-BE, it is working normally, doesn't freezes but of course it is not usable and I have to close it (by pressing the assigned button in my remote for Alt+F4 and Enter) and reopen it again.

Working "normally" but "not usable"?  I don't understand?  If you press \ on your keyboard, does KODI resize and work normal? 

Sorry for not been clear. Yes almost normal. It resizes but not freezes. Menus, buttons and everything else is  working but I can not see the whole GUI as it is resized and focused on the top left quarter (of GUI). But I can navigate in it and close it ether through its power button with the mouse or by pressing Alt+F4 and open the shutdown menu. Then, without seeing it (the menu), I press enter and KODI closes, as it chooses the first option "Exit".

I set MPC-BE to be the main player for everything and is working perfect. Also this solved for me the audio issues of the past Nvidia drivers and KODI Video Player.

"Everything perfect"?  Even the KODI resizing?  My audio issues are with nVidia's drivers after 385.28.  Maybe 411.63 fixed?  Haven't tried.  The audio problem affects all players, not just VideoPlayer for me.

Sorry, I meant perfect compared to Video Player, not generally of course. My basic audio issue was that Video Player didn't play any sound on TV speakers, if the movie had HD sound and my receiver was OFF, probably because my TV doesn't support it. But MPC-BE downgrades the sound to PCM and I can live with that if I don't want to switch my receiver on. 

I did the test with KODI and changed refresh from 60Hz to 23Hz and everything with KODI is normal with no problems, except that it insists to steal focus from NCP every few seconds and I had to press the "Windows" key in my keyboard to go back to NCP to apply or accept the new settings. 

My bad.  Change 2160p to 1080p.  Corrected my post above for testers.

BUT, when I made the test with changing resolution from 2160p to 1080p then yes, KODI resizes to top left corner but in my system is still alive and I can exit and close it from within.
I hope that I remember right but I think, a few days ago, once or twice, I left KODI open, with windows ribbons screen saver on as always and switched the TV off. After some time I turned the TV on and then I found KODI resized on the top left corner... :-)

Not having a problem with my system.  Yes, it stays alive.  Just KODI is unresponsive and clicking anything on that tiny window in the top left causes it (KODI) to crash.  After forcing it to close, the system remains fine.

Sorry for my English... :-)  I meant KODI stays alive, not my system...

Also I think I reported wrong in my previous post about audio issues with latest 411.63 drivers. I tested again and it seems that everything is working like 385.28. If you can test them and report your opinion it would be great.

As soon as something else warrants another install of GPU drivers and KODI v.18, I will.  I've spent countless months that have turned into years wiping out my working installs to try new drivers and KODI nightlies only to be disappointed and having to revert and reinstall my old working setups again.  After doing it a few hundred times I'll be honest... I'm burned out with the try its.  You do however give me a little hope again by sharing your experiences and at some point I will give them another shot especially as v.18 draws nearer.  I admit, for the time being, I think my observations and shares go unnoticed and lack of participation, especially when I request help from others is vacant, I'm more interested in what others have to write rather than providing anything additional.

I understand you completely! It is is the same reason I made MPC-BE my default player because I was tired searching for a solution in Leia's Video Player. Also I convinced myself that it isn't a great problem if KODI resizes, maybe because for 99,99% after watching a movie I always quit KODI.As for the problematic audio of drivers after 385.28, it was present also in Krypton for me. So you can test 411.63 independently of Leia...

Thanks,

Alex

You're welcome but more importantly, THANK YOU.
​​​​​​​
You're WELCOME too... :-)
W10 1809/MPC-BE KODI/1060 6GB/YCbCr 4:4:4/12bit Desktop mode=23Hz Video mode=Matched Refresh rates/LG OLED65E6V UHD HDR 3D/ Pioneer SC-LX901

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-15, 22:20
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-15, 22:29
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-22, 00:38
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-23, 17:15
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-24, 02:23
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-24, 17:22
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-25, 09:26
HELP! - by brazen1 - 2018-08-22, 18:50
RE: HELP! - by zxaura1 - 2018-08-24, 09:32
RE: HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players - by zxaura1 - 2018-09-26, 23:18
Problem with DXVA scaling videos - by obstler - 2018-10-27, 10:13
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus39