Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players
I'm sorry.  I guess it's called MKVToolNix now.  Don't feel stupid.  It seems everything is a struggle while getting familiar with things these days...
I see you're trying to help yourself and you're half way there.
I fooled around with all this a few years ago https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid1805381 and a few of my following posts after.  I determined native resolution at 1920 x 1080 upscaled didn't look any different than a native 3840 x 2160 file on my 4k display.  The major difference was the time required to rip and increased file size that amounted to nothing tbh.  I use active tech so I still get full resolution to each eye.

Open the title in the header editor as you did.
Put in the value for TAB (top and bottom right side first IF it is a RS 1st title) as you did.  Only a handful of titles are RS 1st such as Edge of Tomorrow 2014.  Most are LS 1st.  So enter the correct value according to the help doc.  If the depth looks correct with the glasses upside down, it's a LS 1st and you'll need to reedit as well as change the order in your display settings or the software (KODI) whichever is easiest or if you want to look cool just leave the glasses upside down.  JK!
Find Video Display Height and Video Display Width and enter your resolutions 1920 x 2150 replacing the one that is the small resolution with your new ripped resolution.  Now it will render the correct size and not be squished.
In the header editor tab make sure you save it or nothing will change.  The changes are instant.

For what I do using what I use, when using SBS or TAB files, 3D does not need to be enabled in NCP or the O/S.  I would think the same holds true for you.  However, always enabled works proper too.  This is essential for frame packed MVC which is not the format you're using.  Just sayin'...  Either way you're good to go.  You should make sure TAB or Half-OU is included in the file name so software knows to trigger if it relies on it.

Do enter the correct settings in KODI if using its player just as you do with any other player.  In settings/player/video/ set to preferred mode and disabled when ended.  In system/display/ current should be disabled and preferred mode is set to same as movie.  When in use, current mode will show what it switched to (hopefully TAB in your case) and auto disable when finished so you aren't staring at a fuzzy 3D GUI once you remove your glasses and your display switched from 3D mode to 2D.  I always use my native resolution which is 2160p at 60Hz for everything.  Isn't this why I got 4k equipment?  I then match refresh rates both in KODI and madVR when using an external player.  Same with PowerDVD the first time it automatically prompted me as well as DVDFab Player.  Resolution is automated no matter what is in use.  If your PJ is problematic automatically switching proper 3D mode and you have to manually do it, it is what it is.  Fwiw, I don't but I'm using a smart panel.  My old 1080 dumb panel auto switched too.  There was a time I used an add-on for Samsung only that ensured this because I'm too lazy to do anything manually and desire everything automated.  I hope this helps you along a little further.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players
W10/1909 MPC-BE\HC PDVD19 DVDFab3&5 KODI 19 PotPlayer 960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop=60Hz/Video=Matched Refresh rates 8/12bit/65JS8500 UHD HDR 3D

Thread Rating:
  • 39 Vote(s) - 4.49 Average

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-15, 22:20
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-15, 22:29
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-22, 00:38
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-23, 17:15
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-24, 02:23
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-24, 17:22
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-25, 09:26
HELP! - by brazen1 - 2018-08-22, 18:50
RE: HELP! - by zxaura1 - 2018-08-24, 09:32
Problem with DXVA scaling videos - by obstler - 2018-10-27, 10:13
RE: HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players - by brazen1 - 2018-12-31, 04:01

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players4.4939