• 70(current)
Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus
Mount81,
I use Windows 10 with a PC.  I have no experience with Android devices.  Your PCF.xml is your creation and has many additional entries that I don't use.  Whether they clash somehow and create your pop-up is unknown to me but in theory your PCF.xml looks ok to me.  I'm also not familiar with your player of choice called 'Wrapper' but a quick google search looks like it's common to Android.  This really isn't the forum for Android usage unless another user is familiar because I'm not.  I did notice <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>.  I have no use for that code for what I do here but you might try changing that to <hidekodi>false</hidekodi>.  The .bats I use are in the guide along with an example PCF.xml used and essential to Windows operation with it.  I suspect your pop-up has something to do with Android and the device you run it on and your quest for a fix would be better addressed in an Android forum.  Sorry.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
luci5r,
Press Ctrl + J to display madVR OSD while the video is playing and take a screenshot to post here or a link to it.  Perhaps that will reveal something.  Is your display native 60Hz or 120Hz?  Your symptom sounds like a motion handling problem.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2019-01-11, 18:45)brazen1 Wrote: luci5r,
Press Ctrl + J to display madVR OSD while the video is playing and take a screenshot to post here or a link to it.  Perhaps that will reveal something.  Is your display native 60Hz or 120Hz?  Your symptom sounds like a motion handling problem.
 Thanks @brazen1, I'll get back to you with this.
Hmmm ... For some reason Ctrl+J doesn't work. I right clicked and found Display Stats attached to Ctrl+J, but it's greyed out Sad
Try Ctrl + Z.

(2019-01-12, 21:57)brazen1 Wrote: Try Ctrl + Z.
 That worked!

ImageLink to full 4K Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/3DXfzJj.jpg [Link]

Compressed Image:

Thanks!!
I see nothing wrong with your stats that indicate a motion problem.  Is your display native 60Hz or 120Hz?  Your screen shot does not look HDR although I see it is passing through NV HDR.  It's also windowed instead of fullscreened.

(2019-01-14, 18:22)brazen1 Wrote: I see nothing wrong with your stats that indicate a motion problem.  Is your display native 60Hz or 120Hz?  Your screen shot does not look HDR although I see it is passing through NV HDR.  It's also windowed instead of fullscreened.
 Answers:

This is playing back on the TCL 55R617. The set has a native refresh rate of 60Hz, and an effective refresh rate of 120Hz using TCL's CMI (Clear Motion Index). 

Whenever HDR (or Dolby Vision) content is played back on this TV, there is a short (few seconds) pause where the screen goes black - I believe it is the set switching from SDR -> HDR/Dolby Vision. At that point an indicator comes on at the Top-Right of the screen with a label "HDR" or "Dolby Vision" for 2 seconds. This does happen when I play HDR Content in MPC-BE using the settings as described. It also happened when the above "Oblivion" UHD HDR video was played back for the Screenshot. I used the Windows 10 "Snipping Tool" software for creating the screenshot. What you're seeing the screenshot is definitely not what my eyes see when I'm viewing the video on TV. It's looking much paler, washed out in the screenshot. I do believe HDR was activated & working during playback. I don't believe the screenshot is displaying it correctly. Possible image compression or whatever tech Snipping Tool uses. 

Yes, in order to take the screenshot I had Alt-Tab to Snipping Tool, which did bring the video in Windowed Mode. However, the issue that I described was in full screen playback. Windowed mode was only switched to for the sake of taking the screenshot.
I'm not familiar with your panel or its refresh rate CMI function but it sounds like it is 60Hz native.  The reason I ask is because you stated you had an indescribable motion problem.  Native refresh rates at 60Hz resort to 3:2 pulldown which causes judder.  I've no idea if what you are experiencing is judder or something else?  It isn't dropped or repeated frames which is why I requested your OSD snapshot.  Users with 60Hz usually ignore the judder or use some type of algo to help smooth it.  This is why there is a push demanding studios start releasing in higher refresh rates (60Hz) because 24Hz is not perfectly divisible into the limited rate of 60Hz.  Personally, I think the notion is ridiculous since most decent modern panels are native 120Hz interpolated even higher such as 240Hz.  This is what I use and why I require native 120Hz and willing to pay for it.  There will be some noticeable judder even when using something that helps smooth motion including related settings in the panel.  madVR offers this.  You could try it and see if it helps with your problem.  Many use it because they too have 60Hz panels.

(2019-01-14, 22:34)brazen1 Wrote: I'm not familiar with your panel or its refresh rate CMI function but it sounds like it is 60Hz native.  The reason I ask is because you stated you had an indescribable motion problem.  Native refresh rates at 60Hz resort to 3:2 pulldown which causes judder.  I've no idea if what you are experiencing is judder or something else?  It isn't dropped or repeated frames which is why I requested your OSD snapshot.  Users with 60Hz usually ignore the judder or use some type of algo to help smooth it.  This is why there is a push demanding studios start releasing in higher refresh rates (60Hz) because 24Hz is not perfectly divisible into the limited rate of 60Hz.  Personally, I think the notion is ridiculous since most decent modern panels are native 120Hz interpolated even higher such as 240Hz.  This is what I use and why I require native 120Hz and willing to pay for it.  There will be some noticeable judder even when using something that helps smooth motion including related settings in the panel.  madVR offers this.  You could try it and see if it helps with your problem.  Many use it because they too have 60Hz panels.
Makes sense! Where is the settings in MadVR for this? I can definitely play around a bit. 

Would this be the setting by any chance?

The good news is, this is not the set I'll be playing back 4K HDR on. This is actually my Gaming TV, exclusively & only used for Gaming. And the set is actually, absolutely brilliant for 4K HDR/Dolby Vision Gaming. 

I have a 1080p 3D Projector (Epson 5010) which is used for all media playback. However, it's an outgoing device as I recently placed on order for the JVC 4K HDR 3D Projector (X790R). It's on order right now and I'll probably have it by the end of this month. Since I had a 4K HDR panel connected, I was doing some preliminary testing of the software, as the same software (HTPC) will be used for playback on my incoming JVC X790R. 

Thanks!
You guys with your 4 or 5 diffierent media players/renderers are causing the heads of simple (marginally/moderately tech savvy) folk like myself to spin off their base! Isn't there a single player/renderer that can do it all and do it well? My reason for being here...I just want to be able get a simple/solid 3D/HDR renderer via Kodi up and running!  Maybe one of you wizards out there could write up a quick little guide that would help people like myself figure out the best path forward. I am a little old school since I've always use VLC, but I'm not married to it by any means...considering trying PotPlayer+MadVR, but even then I don't know why PotPlayer alone is insufficient. (head spinning emo here)
(2019-01-27, 22:33)randalstroup Wrote: You guys with your 4 or 5 diffierent media players/renderers are causing the heads of simple (marginally/moderately tech savvy) folk like myself to spin off their base! Isn't there a single player/renderer that can do it all and do it well? My reason for being here...I just want to be able get a simple/solid 3D/HDR renderer via Kodi up and running!  Maybe one of you wizards out there could write up a quick little guide that would help people like myself figure out the best path forward. I am a little old school since I've always use VLC, but I'm not married to it by any means...considering trying PotPlayer+MadVR, but even then I don't know why PotPlayer alone is insufficient. (head spinning emo here)
 Nevermind, I think I found some reviews of players that helped me determine that K-Lite/MPC-HC is the easiest/best option for most of the world's needs (https://www.codecguide.com/download_k-li...k_mega.htm for those who are interested). It would be nice to know what my limitations will be if I only want to use this program, and exactly how I should customize Kodi to use it.
No, there isn't a single player that can do it all and do it all well.  What you just want to do and what can actually be done are two different things.  A guide was written to help you understand all the ins and outs.  You're posting in it.  A few paragraphs down in this guide for HDR setups is a complete description of players I use and why each is unique and needed for a perfectly diverse system.  A brief pro and con is emphasized to help in decision making.  I prefer to do it all and do it all well.  That requires various players.  Most compromise, lower their standards, and make do with less by using their one and only player of choice.  Then as problems arise, workarounds are suggested.  Most prefer the workarounds instead of using the proper player to fit their needs much less an additional one that picks up the slack of the other.  Every user is unique and will need to evaluate their unique situation.  Then they can choose the players and/or methods to match their situation including you.  It's not that hard to adapt what is provided in this guide and in turn tailor your own setup.  This is why there isn't a quick little guide here.  Elsewhere there are plenty but each with its own limitations and caveats.  What may be sufficient for you in a quick setup guide might be utterly useless for another.  If after reading the guidance provided here you are still confused, provide your EXACT detailed wishes you want in your environment along with your hardware specs.  Perhaps someone will help you fill in a blank or two you're unclear about that the guide here didn't spell out clear enough.

Hi Brazen1.
I want to complicate my life with rules playercorefactory . Can you give me a hand in this way : use and I want to automate four external player PotPlayer,KMPlayer,MPC-HC and MPC-BE
Rules:
<rule filename=".*HDR10.*|.*HDR.*|.*hdr.*" player="KMPlayer"/> default player KMPlayer only for content HDR .mkv in the file name. "Rules OK."
<rule filename=".*HEVC.*" player="PotPlayer"/> default player PotPlayer only for content HEVC .mkv in the file name or in the metadata flag of the file. "Rules OK."

These two rules they must not be changed because they work well for external PLayer , KMPlayer and PotPlayer on contents .mkv

Now I would like to automate the remaining two external Player MPC-HC and MPC-BE for contents .mkv but only for video resolution 576 ,720 and 1080 that do not have to conflict with external player KMPlayer and PotPlayer.

in this way:

Rules for external Player MPC-BE on the content .mkv 2D , only for video resolution 1080 , 1080 it is not in the file name! AND
Rules for external Player MPC-HC on the content .mkv 2D , only for video resolution 576 and 720 , 576 and 720 it is not in the file name!

I tried to make some rules , for one way or another I can not make it . Can you give me a solution or of the new rules that allow me this type of automation ?
I'm not too sure you can do this?  A very long time ago, I tried to use multiple same rule types (2 filename rules for example) and KODI only honored the first one listed and ignored any subsequent.  That may have changed since then but I wouldn't know.  I don't know what "Rules OK." means but if you can successfully use 2 rule 'filenames' at the same time, then I guess it works now.  Assuming it does, try adding:

<rule videoresolution="1080" player="MPC-BE"/>
<rule videoresolution="576|720" player="MPC-HC"/>

Out of curiosity, what are you setting different in your MPC-BE player for 1080p video as opposed to MPC-HC using 576p and 720p?  The renderer?

You should also be aware that unless KODI can analyze metadata, videoresolution rules may not work.  KODI easily displays .mkv metadata but not iso metadata for example.

• 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus39