Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus
Hi @Alcarimon 

I can't offer you an opinion on specific hardware having never used it.  I would think if your new build is mainstream enough, there would be honest facts shared in other forums.  Specs are one thing but so is each user's unique environment and preferences.

Personally, being unique, I have no interest in small form factors and place no precedence on them for myself.  The footprint of my HTPC (same size as an AVR and also lays horizontal) is probably much smaller than most small form factors once you add in the rest of the components that make a small form factor PC usable.  I house (11) local 3.5" HDD's able to also serve to clients if I wish but I don't because we watch in one main area only.  I don't need to take my collection on the go with me or watch anything while cooking or taking a shower.  This means we have zero need for a NAS.  This also means we have zero need for external HDD's taking up room to feed a small form factor PC.  Those two things alone will leave larger footprints than an all-in-one local desktop completely negating the benefit of a small form factor PC imo.  I understand some folks want an inconspicuous unobtrusive box next to their TV while all the other components to make it work are someplace else hiding.  Why not put it in the same place and have nothing next to your TV?  Maybe it's to make room for the sound bar that eliminated the AVR?  I dunno?   

Integrated GPU's to save space is not of any interest to me either.  I prefer upgrading or replacing individual components as demand necessitates rather than ditching entire integrated hardware in order to gain one aspect of what I actually want to replace.  Afaik, integrated components like GPU chips on a motherboard or stacked on top of a CPU die offer nothing the individual chips already do except maybe convenience in the short term.  This is more of a technique for laptops and other devices where replacement could be often and budgets are of no consideration.

Again, being unique, I'm simply not an AMD person.  I have used AMD early on when speeds were in the MB's.  Since the GB era, I've always respected the Intel offerings for computing and for driving video I prefer nVidia.  Experts like madshi and followers seem to agree fwiw.  I just think these manufactures are leaders in the industry and will be for some time to come.  Again, this is just my personal preference and doesn't make anything else right or wrong.  Who knows what the TB era will have us gravitating toward? 

That said, I don't think there's anything being made that isn't going to handle 4k 10bit HDR one way or another.  Some better than others evidently.  I really think it boils down to if a user is rendering on a mid/high end panel (simply passing through) and in zero need of tone mapping and other niche remedies OR highly in need of pre/post processing band-aids and corrections when projecting images.  The latter needs everything they can get their hands on to somewhat enjoy their magnified video (larger).  This is when cutting edge everything is sought in the quest for better presentation that mid/high end panels already deliver.  I am happy some attention for development is embraced for PJ users and their passions.  I fear for them though as panels continue to offer larger and larger affordable screen sizes indicating a possible rabbit hole in their future.  

I know my opinion is somewhat OT for your specific questions but hope it helps you and your new HTPC.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-15, 22:20
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-15, 22:29
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-22, 00:38
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-23, 17:15
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-24, 02:23
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-24, 17:22
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-25, 09:26
HELP! - by brazen1 - 2018-08-22, 18:50
RE: HELP! - by zxaura1 - 2018-08-24, 09:32
Problem with DXVA scaling videos - by obstler - 2018-10-27, 10:13
RE: HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players - by brazen1 - 2021-01-08, 19:55
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus39