• 82(current)
Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus
These directions seem to only mention nVidia video cards. If one is using an AMD card is there anything to be gained by following these instructions as closely as possible?
Certainly.  I just happen to use nVidia.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Hey guys, I am here to ask if my current laptop supports 3D MVC playback and if yes how

My Laptop:
Asus K54C
Manjaro Linux OS
Intel Celeron B815
Intel HD Graphics 2000 (SNB GT1)
4GB OF RAM

My TV: 55" LG 55LM7600
1080p 3D 

Thanks!
(2020-05-28, 19:05)luci5r Wrote: Hi @brazen1 

I have been using your instructions in this thread to playback 4K HDR using MPCS-BE+MadVR as external players for some time now. 

I noticed that there are 2 concurrent projects for Kodi players which now offer 4K HDR playback within Kodi. 
HDR Edition by fandangos: https://github.com/fandangos/Kodi-HDR-Edition/releases
Window API by jogal: https://github.com/thexai/xbmc/releases employee monitoring software

I have an HTPC with Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti, and a JVC NX5 Projector (with Auto Tone Mapping for HDR). 

I use the first https://github.com/fandangos/Kodi-HDR-Edition/releases and i tries both and i see no difference
I don't really understand the difference between the 2 editions of Kodi listed above, but I was looking for your advice. Is there one or the other that you recommend? 

Thanks!
(2021-04-01, 17:41)laurenince525 Wrote:
(2020-05-28, 19:05)luci5r Wrote: Hi @brazen1 

I have been using your instructions in this thread to playback 4K HDR using MPCS-BE+MadVR as external players for some time now. 

I noticed that there are 2 concurrent projects for Kodi players which now offer 4K HDR playback within Kodi. 
HDR Edition by fandangos: https://github.com/fandangos/Kodi-HDR-Edition/releases
Window API by jogal: https://github.com/thexai/xbmc/releases employee monitoring software

I have an HTPC with Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti, and a JVC NX5 Projector (with Auto Tone Mapping for HDR). 

I use the first https://github.com/fandangos/Kodi-HDR-Edition/releases and i tries both and i see no difference
I don't really understand the difference between the 2 editions of Kodi listed above, but I was looking for your advice. Is there one or the other that you recommend? 

Thanks!
sorry
I use the first https://github.com/fandangos/Kodi-HDR-Edition/releases and i tries both and i see no difference
I'm not certain but I think the difference between those two forks is one uses Windows HDR API and the other uses NVidia HDR API.  That said, I don't use either of them.  I have and continue to always use official builds of Kodi.  Not only does it playback HDR identical to external players with madVR (when using passthrough), it handles full menus - something external players with madVR do not.  However, I still prefer using external player(s) with madVR for video less than 4k to take advantage of madVR's superior upscaling.  So, official Kodi for 4k HDR titles and MPC-BE/madVR/LAV filters for everything else.  This is automated via the PCF.xml.

Because you are using a PJ with a strong video card, you might prefer to tone map and not simply passthrough.  In that case you can still use official Kodi to seamlessly launch MPC-BE/madVR/LAV Filters experimental builds which have better tone mapping capabilities than the Kodi internal VideoPlayer.  Perhaps you prefer the tone mapping your PJ offers and can passthrough also?  Of course you also have the choice of using forked builds like you mentioned but I don't know of any advantage vs Kodi Matrix or v20.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
4D Theater Wind Effect is advancing https://www.avsforum.com/threads/4d-thea...t.3152346/

Originally designed for Kodi, many other things have been added.  Kodi, Plex, MPC players, and RPI's.  You no longer have to have the disc/rips.  With any inexpensive USB microphone, streaming sources from any device can sync your fan to any of the user created video titles.  There are over 100 currently and more being added.  Anyone can contribute.   

This is very cutting edge presenting a 4D wind effect at home and the hardware (USB dongle, IR emitter, fan, and optional USB microphone) cost about $100 new assuming you already have a computer.  No one is doing this for money.  We just like it!  Considering the additional enjoyment you, your friends and family will experience, I highly recommend this project and its free software.  I compare this to bass shakers because you feel the immersion but in a different way.  

It doesn't require a full blown theatre to justify the addition although some users have incredible setups.  A small footprint fan in the vicinity of your TV will suffice.  Very friendly helpful community at the link for any inquiries.

@brazen1 

I am assuming that you use kodi, as you configure it, because it gives to the best looking 4k hdr output of anything you are familiar with. I'd like to get on board. But I'm going to need some more help.

I have been looking at your guide for two days now (my head hurts) and I am having some trouble wading through it looking for only kodi 2d 4k hdr external player (htpc, win10) info. I do not need iso menus. Most of my movies are ripped and in .mkv format with hidef sound and subtitles. Can you expedite this for me?
Yes, the guide is more or less my journey and isn't organized because things constantly change and I change with them and I seldom update previous posts. 

I'm not sure what you want me to expedite for you but with the details you've provided Kodi Matrix v19 is more than capable of handling 4k HDR .mkv's.  I prefer it for passthrough.  It's going to look identical using an external player when also passing through so there's really no point using an external player unless you provide details why. 

Using external player(s) requires moderate modifications explained on post #1 and the links associated with particular setups.  Kodi Matrix requires no special handling.  Just install it, configure it, and enjoy it.  Assuming you are a new user, if you have any specific questions, myself or others can help you either in this guide forum or one of the other specific support forums.  There are many beginners guides to help folks just like you get started.  I suggest having a read here https://kodi.wiki/view/Main_Page and welcome to the Kodi community  Smile

I guess I used the wrong term, external player.  I will be installing it on my htpc. The expediting I was looking for was with the configuring kodi part.  The .xmls gave me pause.  But I guess those may not be necessary judging from your reply.  I will run through the install and configuring per post #2 and see how it works.
(2021-05-09, 23:50)lostclusters Wrote: I guess I used the wrong term, external player.  I will be installing it on my htpc. The expediting I was looking for was with the configuring kodi part.  The .xmls gave me pause.  But I guess those may not be necessary judging from your reply.  I will run through the install and configuring per post #2 and see how it works.

There does not seem to be an edit post function here so ...

External player seems to refer to a player external to kodi, sorry for the confusion. I intend to use kodi's player (internal?) to pass 4k hdr to my tv, through my avr, video conversion turned off on the avr.
@brazen1 

This may seem a little off but, how do I play a movie file? I do not want to add or make any libraries. I want to browse a directory on my network, select a file, and play it.  I can not find that in kodi.
@brazen1

I am trying to reach my synology nas. Kodi can not seem to do it.

Any ideas/suggestions?
You have to install Kodi on your device(s).  You have to create a library so Kodi can access your directories.  It's basically a shortcut to your media.  Once you do, you're presented with a library cataloging your media in as much or as little detail as you desire.  You click on the specific media in the library(s) you point Kodi to, and it plays.  You cannot use the Kodi internal VideoPlayer without installing Kodi and configuring your library(s).  It is not a standalone player.  Standalone players are usually added to front ends.  Imo, it's much easier and rewarding than browsing your directories to launch media.  That's what a front end is for and Kodi is the most sought after imo.

The search feature and google are your friend.  https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=354570

• 82(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus39