• 84(current)
Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus
Thanks again brazen1. I will try to mix and match some of the rules you have shared with mine and see if they work or not. All your ideas are always welcome. With my current system, dedicated only for movies, with an I7 and a rtx 30 series with a 2.1 hdmi, the truth is that absolutely everything flies and don't notice any slowdown/lag in loading the players, it really is a more than satisfactory experience. I'll try to get more in depth with the internal configurations of Kodi that so far I have ignored them quite a lot. By the way, DVDFab have released a new fully refurbished player starting the new 7 series. We'll see if this one has the option to automatically adapt the refresh rate or not. I'll stick with the 6x for now.
Hi everyone.

I love to watch 3D movies but after my LG had to be returned because of burn-in I only have a 2D TV.

I was very lucky to get a Oculus for christmas and now I am trying to play 3D movies inside the VR headset. When playing mcv mkv-files the menu in Kodi is split in two(sbs) but not the video. Is it possible to show mcv as sbs or is it a limitation within Kodi that causes this?

I know the resolution is lower than a good 3D TV but this is my only option at the moment and I would like to try it out.

Thanks.
Hi Roger79, I have always used an external player embedded in Kodi to play full 3D iso, from within Kodi, at least in previous versions, it was not possible to play them in that format. In my case PowerDVD or TMT plays them without problems through the Nvidia 3Dvision driver which has been removed in the latest versions of their drivers. I don't know if this would work for your technology as well, guess so.
(2022-01-03, 11:31)moenk Wrote: If getting this combination to work involves me renaming the whole library, then I'd rather leave it like this. I also wouldn't know how to rename it properly to get the behaviour I want.

Thought I'd let u know that a software like Advanced Renamer can help u EASILY rename all your files at once with many tweaks. Plus, it's free. Was a godsend for me.
(2022-02-10, 12:42)Anonx5 Wrote:
(2022-01-03, 11:31)moenk Wrote: If getting this combination to work involves me renaming the whole library, then I'd rather leave it like this. I also wouldn't know how to rename it properly to get the behaviour I want.

Thought I'd let u know that a software like Advanced Renamer can help u EASILY rename all your files at once with many tweaks. Plus, it's free. Was a godsend for me.
Sorry for the delay, I've been away and didn't get your message. Thanks very much for the suggestion, I'll keep it in mind. It looks like a versatile piece of software in case i ever need to get into mass file renaming.
Can someone link me the cheapest player to get mvc ? I have remux files but they don't play on my raspberry pi 4 with libreelec least. I also have full sbs mk3d but they crash my player. So if anyone can help me out to just play only 3d either format . Looking for cheap as I only need it for 3d
Can you install kodi directly onto a Samsung TV? /MOD edited out spam link/
Video 
Dear brazen1,

I am new in this Form, but unfortunately was unable to find the answers for the following question:

Is it possible to playback a 3D HSBS video file to output each Left and Right frames to HDMI output for a 2D-only TV sequentially and to synchronize active shutter RF glasses via Bluetooth?
The TV is 4K 75” Sharp Aqueous HDR with direct lit IPS LCD and 120 Hz refresh rate. P/N: LC-75N8003U.
A 3 years old Windoows 11 laptop with HDMI output and Bluetooth.

There is now a selection of Active-Shutter LCD glasses available. They are supporting variety of 3D Projectors and TV devices with native Bluetooth output to control such 3D glasses.
Hoping you could help me to configure KODI for this sequential 3D frame feeding,
Gratefully Yours.
If the display is not 3D capable, you are not going to produce anything near quality 3D afaik.  The only low-quality mind tricks I know of are anaglyph 3D sources on a 2D display using the red and cyan lenses.  For any 2D source to appear 3D on a 2D display, wear sunglasses with one of the lenses removed - you have to stare at it a while to see the effect.

If you had a couple identical projectors, and you could sync them perfectly playing the same title, and you projected each of their pictures on to the same screen, using the exact correct amount of separation, and you wore glasses to alternate the left and right screen projections, you could create depth between them appearing as 3D.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Quiero ver kodi tv Smart tivi android TV
@joseluisvives9

We are an English forum. Please also post a translation... Google Translate
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Is it possible to use Kodi (Nexus) VideoPlayer for the Blu-Ray menus and use an External Player like MPC-HC or MPV for the actual video playback? I make BDMV backups (folders, not ISOs) of some of my movies and wanted to use the Kodi VideoPlayer to bring up the menus but then have an external player play the movie or extra features.

I think the answer is no so I was thinking of how to work around it.

1. (Current Solution) Set default player to be MPC-HC or MPV which would play the longest title (this is usually the movie but I've had one instance when an extra was the longest title) when passed the index.bdmv file. Use Context Menu to select Kodi VideoPlayer when needing to browse extras through the BDMV menu
2. (Feature Request) Skins could be modified to provide a Play button that plays using external player so you can go directly to the movie title. And another button (with a disc or BD icon) would be configured to be visible only when the item is a disc backup. This button would play using Kodi VideoPlayer which will launch the blu-ray menu.

I'm coming to Kodi from a Zidoo device which handles disc backups nicely and provides the option to either play the movie or launch the disc menu.
(2024-03-19, 20:51)va_lemon Wrote: Is it possible to use Kodi (Nexus) VideoPlayer for the Blu-Ray menus and use an External Player like MPC-HC or MPV for the actual video playback?

Certainly.

(2024-03-19, 20:51)va_lemon Wrote: I make BDMV backups (folders, not ISOs) of some of my movies and wanted to use the Kodi VideoPlayer to bring up the menus but then have an external player play the movie or extra features.

Be aware, if you don't 'contain' all the loose folder/file structure in an iso container, when Kodi scrapes the title, it will deposit artwork within your folder/file structure instead of alongside it.  This basically contaminates your RIP.
I don't quite understand your question but if you're asking if a specified external player can launch from a BD menu... the answer is no afaik.  Whatever player is displaying the BD menu is the one that will be playing audio and video.

I think the "current solution" I've always used is pretty seamless, reliable, and effective.  The feature request of having multiple play buttons on a title to manually select a player sounds nifty and they would be a shortcut for what already exists - Context Menu/Play Using/The Player.  Consider folks like myself that use 5 different players.  That would be 5 different buttons for a skin to have to add in the library for a title.  Not gonna' happen let alone the aesthetic nightmare they/it would create imo.

You do understand player selection can be and is automated simply by pressing play on a title?  This is tailored using the playercorefactory.xml.  Every title automatically selects the correct player via the PCF.xml rules created.  If you wish to override the automated selection, you simply manually select a player via the 'Play using' menu. 

For instance:  I just watched a title that required I use an external player with madVR processing.  It had all launched automatically.  Now I'm done and I want to browse the extras in the BD menu.  The external player cannot handle BD menus - main title only.  So, I manually select the Kodi VideoPlayer this time, since it's not the default for this type of movie, and browse the extras in the BD menu because Kodi does handle BD menus... some... not all.  When it doesn't, it defaults to only playing the main movie too.

Been quite a while since I've posted my journey in this thread.  Much has changed.  For instance, I no longer have a need for .bat files.  Fwiw, currently I'm using:

Kodi v22 VideoPlayer - for everything 4k HDR since I passthrough because there is nothing needed to improve 4k video including tone mapping using my decent display.  Also for anything I want to see BD menus for.

MPC-BE with madVR - rendering for most non-4k HDR video since lesser video can be improved using extra processing that Kodi does not provide.

MPC-BE 2 with MPC Video Renderer - when madVR rendering adjustments are not possible due to HDR passthrough and must be done in the player instead.  Saturation + or - for example.  Player adjustments are permanent.  These adjustments can be done on-the-fly via player keymapping but unlike madVR, they permanently retain on-the-fly settings and if you forget to put them back to default at playback end, the next title would be using these changed settings thus the need for a specific player.

MPC-BE BRIGHT with MPC Video Renderer - same as MPC-BE 2 but for a different permanent adjustment such as Brightness + or -.  Very few titles need a Brightness or Saturation adjustment but I have a few that benefit highly from them.

MPC-HC with no intensive post processing so that GPU resources can be better utilized for other GPU tasks such as WindTrack authoring.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Thank you for the explanation! I was aware of using external players the way that you described but your explanation did send me down another path of how I could achieve what I wanted to. It took me a few days, but I think I've landed on a workable solution for me.

My library is a mix of 4k HDR MKV rips, Bluray backup folders (BDMV), and some older HD remux MP4s. The BDMVs are usually, but not always, for the special feature discs included with movies. I add (Special Features) to the name of these BDMV folders.

My goals were:
1. Always play main movie title, whether its MKV, MP4 or BDMV, directly in MPC-HC+MadVR
2. Have the ability to launch BDMV menu if needed for a movie stored as BDMV
3. Always launch the BDMV menu for Special Features

To achieve #1 and #3, I set up my playercorefactory.xml as below which makes MPC-HC the default player for all formats except when there is Special in the movie title. In this case, the default is Kodi VideoPlayer.

For goal #2, I use Home Assistant automation platform to retrieve the ListItem.DBID of the currently selected movie (does not have Special in the title so by default would open with MPC-HC) then use the Player.Open method to open BDMV menus with VideoPlayer. This Home Assistant script+automation is tied to a button on my remote control so when I'm browsing my library, I can just press this button to open the BDMV menus in VideoPlayer. Basically like using the "Play With" command from the Context Menu but with just one button press. If I press OK/Select, the main movie would play.

Thanks again for your response!

playercorefactory:

<playercorefactory>
 <players>
   <player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
     <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\K-Lite Codec Pack\MPC-HC64\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
     <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
     <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
     <playcountminimumtime>180</playcountminimumtime>
   </player>
   <player name="MPV" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
     <filename>C:\mpv\mpv.exe</filename>
     <args>--fs "{1}"</args>
     <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
     <playcountminimumtime>180</playcountminimumtime>
   </player>
 </players>
 <rules action="prepend">
   <rule filename=".*Special.*|.*Supplements.*" player="VideoPlayer"/>
   <rule filetypes="mkv|avi|divx|ogm|mp4|mov|m4v|flv|m2v|mpeg|mpg|mts|m2ts|vob|iso|mpls|bdmv" player="MPC-HC"/>
 </rules>
</playercorefactory>
  • 84(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus39