• 6(current)
MythTV front-end client built-into to XBMC
right, added deleting recordngs for you MattPF Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

elupus Wrote:right, added deleting recordngs for you MattPF Smile

Thanks man!! My wife and I owe you Smile

Once MythTV commercial skipping is in the linux build I'll convince her to let me donate some cash to you guys.. Been using XBMC for 3 yrs and you deserve it.
Been messing around with this recently and I must say it is coming along nicely. Keep up the great work elupus. Cheers.
Gamester17 Wrote:No, not yet, it needs to be implemented into the DVDPlayer first, see https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph...tid=581841

Anyone know when this might be in? It's the only thing I'm waiting for to roll XBMC Linux out across our 3 PC's and 3 TV's.

Thanks!
It'll be in when someone decides to code it..

However, with elupus working on mythtv integration i think we can be sure it will be added at some time in the near future.
Browsing the source code repository it looks like he's migrating from libgmyth to libcmyth -- less dependencies. (which is great because libgmyth was a nightmare to get going)
yeh i noticed that.. tried to search for the differences between the two but couldnt find much mention of cmyth. I might make a new build this afternoon and see if there are any changes.
Well, I think libcmyth was developed for its use in MediaMVP.
You can see some screenshots (and therefore guess it's features) here
yes he is going from libgmyth to libcmyth
Nick8888 Wrote:yeh i noticed that.. tried to search for the differences between the two but couldnt find much mention of cmyth. I might make a new build this afternoon and see if there are any changes.

Cool! Let me know if you notice any changes.
Lightbulb 
stickman Wrote:Well, I think libcmyth was developed for its use in c.
You can see some screenshots (and therefore guess it's features) here
I already mentioned MediaMVP in this other related feature suggestion but I guess I should mention it again here so that it maybe get a little more more attention;

MediaMVP (mvpmc) seems like a really good reference for source code and inspiration for this 'PVR front-end' part of the XBMC project, (so maybe some interface and API ideas can be taken from the MediaMVP source code?). After all, MediaMVP is an open source open source suite of libraries and a media player capable of acting as a front-end for multiple types of backends over the network in a similar concept to what is suggested in this related feature suggestion.

http://www.mvpmc.org
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mvpmc/

Quote:The MediaMVP Media Center (mvpmc) is a media player written in C. It currently runs on the Hauppauge MediaMVP hardware. It can play video (including live TV), audio (including live radio), show pictures, and retrieve Yahoo! weather. mvpmc can access media from a MythTV, ReplayTV, Hauppauge, VLC, or SqueezeCenter (aka SlimServer) server. It can also access media via UPNP, HTTP, NFS and CIFS. There is a VNC viewer built in. It understands MPEG1 and MPEG2 video, MP3, OGG, WAV, AC3 and FLAC audio and JPG, BMP & PNG images.

Quote:FAQ: How well does mvpmc work as a MythTV frontend?

ANSWER: mvpmc is not a complete replacement for the MythTV frontend that comes with MythTV. However, it is capable of doing most of the things that a typical user will do on a day-to-day basis.
Quote:FAQ: How do I watch live TV off a MythTV server?

ANSWER: Live TV changed quite drastically in MythTV 0.19. However, mvpmc is capable of playing live TV from both older and newer backends.

You can watch live TV either via the filesystem or the myth protocol. If you use the -b option to mvpmc, you can tell mvpmc which directory contains the ringbuffer. If you do not use the -b option, then live tv will be played via the myth protocol.

When you select live TV, you will be given a menu containing all of the programs currently being broadcast. If you choose one of the programs, it will attempt to start playing it on any of the tuners where that program is available. If you use the MENU button, you will get a menu that will allow you to choose which tuner you want to watch the program on.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I fully agree with the idea of making XBMC a frontend that talks to a whole slew of Media backends. The future of home theater is heading towards every family having *something*, whether it's a TiVo, Vista Media Center, Windows Home Server, MythTV, NAS, or just a PC with a samba share -- the more sources XBMC can talk to, the better.

Now the whole industry push for uPnP was supposed to solve all this, with uPnP being the common language that all devices can speak. And to an extent, it's done fairly well (most frontends and backends on the market speak uPnP).

The problem is that uPnP doesn't support the type of advanced interaction required for things like scheduling recordings, things specific to the backend's functionality.

XBMC is by far the best frontend on the planet -- the more backends it can natively support where uPnP isn't enough -- the better.

As stated before, for me, MythTV is the golden feature. Once cmyth/gmyth is ready (with commercial skipping ;P) I'll post a pic of 5 XBMC's running concurrently in our house.
This is truly amazing work.
I just setup my backend using latest trunk rev.16113 with sasc-ng module and watching HD with AC3 now !
This is great idea that will make XBMC absolutely best multimedia app. Myth plugins for video, audio and pictures are really crappy.

THX ! I will see if I can get some interest in this on happysat linux forum
MattPF Wrote:As stated before, for me, MythTV is the golden feature. Once cmyth/gmyth is ready (with commercial skipping ;P) I'll post a pic of 5 XBMC's running concurrently in our house.

I'm working on implementing EDL support for DVDPlayer. See the feature request. Any help would be appreciated.
Wink 
uomiarz Wrote:I will see if I can get some interest in this on happysat linux forum
Spread the word!

Let everyone know that more developers are wanted!

Big Grin
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MythTV front-end client built-into to XBMC1