• 7(current)
MythTV front-end client built-into to XBMC
Actually there is nothing that hinders upnp to be used. The only thing is that there is no standard service defined for it. UPnP allows servers to define their own extension to the protocol. So there wouldn't be any problem in mythtv Team-MediaPortal TVServer provided their own interface for these kinds of things.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

rev.11741
./build.sh CONFIGOPT=--enable-gmyth

g++ -c -g -D_DEBUG -Wall -I/usr/include/lzo -D_LINUX -D_FILE_DEFINED -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DHAS_SDL_JOYSTICK -DHAS_XRANDR -DHAS_MMS -DHAS_GMYTH -I. -Ilinux -Icores -I../guilib -Iutils -Ilib/libUPnP/Platinum/ThirdParty/Neptune/Source/Core -Ilib/libUPnP/Platinum/Source/Core -Ilib/libUPnP/Platinum/Source/Devices/MediaServer -Ilib/libUPnP/Platinum/ThirdParty/Neptune/Source/System/Posix -Ilib/libUPnP/Platinum/Source/Devices/MediaConnect -Ilib/libUPnP/Platinum/Source/Devices/MediaRenderer AutoSwitch.cpp -o AutoSwitch.o
In file included from FileFactory.cpp:42:
GMythFile.h:6:20: error: LiveTV.h: No such file or directory
rm -f ButtonTranslator.o
g++ -c -g -D_DEBUG -Wall -I/usr/include/lzo -D_LINUX -D_FILE_DEFINED -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DHAS_SDL_JOYSTICK -DHAS_XRANDR -DHAS_MMS -DHAS_GMYTH -I. -Ilinux -Icores -I../guilib -Iutils -Ilib/libUPnP/Platinum/ThirdParty/Neptune/Source/Core -Ilib/libUPnP/Platinum/Source/Core -Ilib/libUPnP/Platinum/Source/Devices/MediaServer -Ilib/libUPnP/Platinum/ThirdParty/Neptune/Source/System/Posix -Ilib/libUPnP/Platinum/Source/Devices/MediaConnect -Ilib/libUPnP/Platinum/Source/Devices/MediaRenderer ButtonTranslator.cpp -o ButtonTranslator.o
GMythFile.h:21: error: expected class-name before â{â token
GMythFile.h:38: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of âILiveTVInterfaceâ with no type
GMythFile.h:38: error: âILiveTVInterfaceâ declared as a âvirtualâ field
GMythFile.h:38: error: expected â;â before â*â token
GMythFile.h:40: error: expected `;' before âvirtualâ
make[1]: *** [FileFactory.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mp/XBMC/xbmc/FileSystem'
make: *** [filesystem] Error 2
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

I can't find LiveTV.h on my system, however xbmc with myth support worked just fien few days ago, any thoughts ?
thx
it looks like gmyth is no longer needed as it has been replaced by cmyth completely. Try disabling gmyth and build again.
I made a new build yesterday with no additional options (./build.sh) and elupus seems to have gotten cmyth support on par with where his gmyth efforts were. I can play recordings and watch live channels but find it freezes fairly often with fast forwarding, rewinding and channel skipping. also noticed it had made its way to the trunk which is interesting too.

Funny thing is, I stuffed up a setting in mythfrontend and playback and the osd darkened but everything is fine in xbmc. I'm not sure if I can motivate myself to find whats gone wrong when I am planning to use xbmc anyway...

keep up the good work elupus, its much appreciated.
actually.. eevn if you specify --enable-gmyth it default to cmyth client if you use myth://, to use gmyth nowadays you have to do gmyth://

yea it's not uncommon for it to freeze. especially on channel changes. Haven't figured out what the best method there is.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Have just done a new build and have connected to separate Mythbuntu 7.10 backend. I can view the individual TV channels but when I select one nothing happens. In terminal I get two lines one saying cmyth_comm_connect asked for version 8 got 31, the second saying asked for version 31 got 31. The backend log says client speaks version 8 but we speak 31.
This is a great piece of work XBMC Linux with mythth integration is the future.
BTW could the mythtv integration be added to the XBOX version?
Thanks
did you put the port number at the end of you hostname? that was my mistake and it works fine for me now. but yeh, without posting a log on pastebin, youve got no chance of getting support from devs.
No didn't put a port in. Excuse my ignorance but what syntax is used and is it the Mysql port no or mythtv port no? Thanks for your help.
Slighty Off-Topic

Ive tested this on xbox and i to have a list of channels but iirc the recorder fails to start which in turn causes playback of myth://user:pass@ip/channels/1.ts to fail, my linux build is working perfectly though so we are at different ends of the stick here Smile ill post a debug very shortly from xbox (but im not sure its actually fully supported as such) but no harm done.

Oh yeah! I had to open port 6543/TCP on my router in order to have the xbox show the listing thats about it.
A dubug log from xbmc and from mythbackend would be nice. might tell what is goin on.

mythbackend is usually in /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log

ptipton Wrote:Have just done a new build and have connected to separate Mythbuntu 7.10 backend. I can view the individual TV channels but when I select one nothing happens. In terminal I get two lines one saying cmyth_comm_connect asked for version 8 got 31, the second saying asked for version 31 got 31. The backend log says client speaks version 8 but we speak 31.
I believe elupus got libcmyth from the MediaMVP project and they list this in their FAQ:

http://www.mvpmc.org/index.php?pg=faq#q18
Quote:Why is MythTV complaining "Client speaks protocol version 8 but we speak 15!"?

This is because MythTV itself only ever supports one protocol version at a time, while mvpmc tries to be compatible with all versions of MythTV. So mvpmc starts with protocol 8, and MythTV will tell it what protocol version it should be speaking, and mvpmc will then switch to the correct version.

However collect a debug log from XBMC and upload it to pastebin.com then post the URL to it here.
thanks XBMC log here: http://pastebin.com/m7d239fb1
....@hostname:port

gmyth-cat gave me the idea of adding the port number and i was pleasantly surprised when it worked. Havent had any problems since.
...@hostname
:
mythport

all one line
Tried adding the port number and didnt seem to make any difference. Looks like my issue is similar to C-Quels on the xbox as XBMC log has:

23:48:14 T:3057887072 M:955138048 DEBUG: CPlayerCoreFactor::GetPlayers(myth://mythtv:[email protected]:6543/channels/101.ts)
23:48:14 T:3057887072 M:955138048 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: myth://mythtv:[email protected]:6543/channels/101.ts
23:48:14 T:3057887072 M:955138048 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::CloseFile()
23:48:14 T:3057887072 M:955138048 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue:Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
23:48:14 T:3057887072 M:955138048 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
23:48:14 T:3057887072 M:955138048 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: finished waiting
23:48:14 T:3057887072 M:955138048 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue:Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
23:48:14 T:2929646480 M:955138048 DEBUG: Running thread 2929646480
23:48:14 T:2929646480 M:955138048 DEBUG: thread start, auto delete: 1
23:48:14 T:2921253776 M:955138048 DEBUG: Running thread 2921253776
23:48:14 T:2921253776 M:955138048 DEBUG: thread start, auto delete: 0
23:48:14 T:2921253776 M:955138048 NOTICE: Creating InputStream
23:48:14 T:2921253776 M:955138048 ERROR: SetupLiveTV - unable to get recorder
23:48:14 T:2921253776 M:955138048 ERROR: InputStream: Error opening, myth://mythtv:[email protected]:6543/channels/101.ts

I'm wondering- as a wild guess- if the fact that I have changed the recordings folder on the backend away from the default location is the problem.
Will have post new xbmc and mythbackend logs to pastebin when I am home later
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MythTV front-end client built-into to XBMC1