• 10(current)
MythTV front-end client built-into to XBMC
Look forward to it Smile it is actually something i really would benefit from as i am really wanting to tell my current tv cable provider to **** off as they are an absolute nightmare for service and price Wink
i just recompile my mythtv last night to latest rev.16237
it works pretty good with latest xbmc build, I had no problems connecting to backend however they run on the same machine
channel changing is painfully slow but I guess it is mostly myth problem, i never had it working any faster with original myth frontend(that is why i use vdr Smile ) but I know there is lots of tweaking possible;
i was just wondering what are the plans for further myth frontend integration, any chance for epg?
thx for this great piece of software

btw, what script do you guys use for xbox xbmc (i am assuming it is python script and not xbox app)
thx
okey, so C-Quels problem turned out to be the hostname issue too.. it doesn't matter if you specify connection using ip address. you still have to have valid dns responses to the hostname the myth-backend is located on.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

@elupus
You mentioned in an earlier post that a way to fix the problem with resolving the hostname was to specify the ip address in mythtv-setup instead of the hostname. But I did specify an ip address. As far as I can gather this has been a problem for people running the backend on a different machine than the frontend. (uomiarz did not have this problem, but ptipton, C-Quel and I did)

So i was wondering if you are using the wrong field in the mysql database? There are two entries in mythtv-setup that specify where the backend is located; "IP address for backend" and "Master server IP address". Using the wrong one would cause a remote frontend to fail but not a local one since it would return "localhost" or the hostname (depending on the setup). Just a thought. Keep up the good work!
this seem to be a bug in mythtv-backend actually. it stores all filenames with a hostname instead of the address specified during backend setup.
we get the hostname (since there can be multiple backends, a file needs to know the hostname to which the file is located) and use that to connect. i'm not sure why it stores it like this, and not sure how to get around it yet.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

i don't know if this help with anything but my instructions on how to setup myth always advise to change /etc/mysql/my.cnf

comment out line

bind-address = 127.0.0.1

or set it to actual ip address of the server
elupus Wrote:this seem to be a bug in mythtv-backend actually. it stores all filenames with a hostname instead of the address specified during backend setup.
we get the hostname (since there can be multiple backends, a file needs to know the hostname to which the file is located) and use that to connect. i'm not sure why it stores it like this, and not sure how to get around it yet.

Not the most elegant fix, but for now you could force the host lookups in the /etc/hosts file.

Or, if you want have fun, setup a local DNS server on your network and have it resolve for your local domain Smile

xgrep
return null;
changing /etc/hosts on the linux xbmc machine fixed that connection as per previous post, tried also editing etc/hosts on the mythtv backend to try to fix the xbox problem but no joy.
well best is to add this to your router if it supports host entries. also normally this is automatic if you use dhcp to let your computer get it's ip address. (you can often add a static entry for your computer on the router)

Like ptipton, when I watch live channels it plays for about 2-5 seconds and then buffers for about 10 seconds before it starts playing again. The longer I pause the longer I can watch TV before it has to buffer again when I resume play. CPU usage is at 100%. A recorded show plays without a hitch.
I've looked through the log on my backend but I don't see anything suspicious.
if your running in debug mode try switching it off... cannot guarantee it'll fix it but might Smile
Has anyone else been getting compile errors, specifically related to CMyth?

I don't know if I don't have a package installed that I need or what, but I keep getting the following error:

http://pastebin.com/m14ed43c4

I even get cmyth related errors when I compile without myth support. Anyone have some advice? I have been having this problem for about a week now, and I'm stuck.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Brandon
don't enable gmyth during configure. it's not needed anymore (and i've not tested it in a while)

I took out --enable-gmyth out of configure, and was still getting the error, so I checked out everything from svn from scratch, and it compiled with no problem. Kinda strange - I prolly messed something up when i was trying to fix it a few days ago. *shrug*

Thanks for your help, and good job with all the mythtv integration.

-Brandon
wow, just upgraded from a couple of days ago and speeds have definately increased. recordings now play almost instantly. Cheers Elupus.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MythTV front-end client built-into to XBMC1