• 12(current)
MythTV front-end client built-into to XBMC
C-Quel, do you have a remote linux frontend working or is the Xbox your only remote frontend?
I have a linux system running backend (no frontend installed) and use XBOX as frontend.
Glad to know that the cmyth library works remote. And I believe uomiarz is using xbmc as a frontend on his backend box.

So the the question is does anybody have xbmc running as a remote front end?

When I check my logs, it appears I'm connecting correctly, but I get no video and 100% CPU utilization when
i try to watch TV.
ppl saying they have it running fine on their xbox wasn't enough of a hint?
spiff Wrote:ppl saying they have it running fine on their xbox wasn't enough of a hint?

That doesn't tell me that the Linux version is working as a remote frontend.
ok yes it will work... same myth frontend on win32 & linux so id be gobsmacked if it didnt.
I still can't get liveTV to display running XBMC on Linux as a remote Myth frontend.

posted my xbmc.log here => http://pastebin.com/mf3a7804
Quote:02:24:06 T:3067410240 M:171843584 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: myth://myth/channels/22.ts

What is the source you added?

Are you sure its "myth://user:pass@hostname/" ??
or "myth://user:pass@hostname:port/"
myth://hostname

Username
password
and port are the defaults.

Which the code has as the default values.
Where can I find a good howto on installing the mythtv backend on ubuntu and use my XBOX as a frontend? The xbmcmythtv plugin keeps telling me it can't connect to the server. I've been struggling with it for days now and I've tried several howtos.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Bram77 Wrote:Where can I find a good howto on installing the mythtv backend on ubuntu and use my XBOX as a frontend? The xbmcmythtv plugin keeps telling me it can't connect to the server. I've been struggling with it for days now and I've tried several howtos.
This is still in VERY EARLY development so there simply is no HOW-TOs written yet, ...you are welcome yo write one yourself though (create a wiki accoint for the XBMC Online Mnual then PM pike and ask for "ninja" status = write access).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
joebidalli, could you post the output printed at commandline of xbmc? i've not been able to wrap all messages printed by mythtv. also turning on full debugging might give more info. advancesettings.xml, loglevel at 10 would spew out log so use that, check manual on how to do this.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

elupus, hope this helps.

xmbc.log ==> http://pastebin.com/m374d9d26

XboxMediaCenter console log ==> http://pastebin.com/m5a8abe03
Gamester17 Wrote:This is still in VERY EARLY development so there simply is no HOW-TOs written yet, ...you are welcome yo write one yourself though (create a wiki accoint for the XBMC Online Mnual then PM pike and ask for "ninja" status = write access).

Ok, I've registered and once I've figured out how to set up MythTV backend and make my XBOX connect with it I'll be more then happy to create a howto.

Just something that popped into my mind.... If the MythTV backend would send a notifier over the network every once in a while. This could simplify the setup of the client interface. Even though that is the most simple part of the setup.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
well we could potentially use the upnp server of the mythtv backend. thou i've not looked at it.

joebidalli, nah that wasn't the log i was after. I'm looking for what is printed in the shell (commandprompt) from where xbmc was started when accessing mythtv.

• 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MythTV front-end client built-into to XBMC1